• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
i swear not a day goes by where i see at least one thread of the most ridiculous topic or take. just this morning i see the guy who lost his chub because his "FWB" looked at him during sex and now we can't even drink a beer???

nanhacott

Technical artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely but only with paper straws, you need that slightly soggy mouthfeel.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Pour it into a glass dude, let the head happen. It's trapped gas getting out, so it doesn't end up in you, like when you "avoid" it with your straw.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

OmG. There is foam. The whole point of a pour straight down the middle is to make foam. It's just that most places are cheap bastards and don't keep pouring through. For the best pour you need to keep pouring letting the glass overflow and spill the foam out.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
OmG. There is foam. The whole point of a pour straight down the middle is to make foam. It's just that most places are cheap bastards and don't keep pouring through. For the best pour you need to keep pouring letting the glass overflow and spill the foam out.

I will continue to pour my beer correctly and let the foam settle in the beer, like it should. You can do whatever that... Is. Agree to disagree.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every reliable source on properly pouring beer doesn't agree with your method.

This video litterally addresses your method and says it's a waste of money and it's a lesser experience for the customer.

Don't even with that video. Penny pinching nonsense. Tilting the glass and all.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This may be the first time an Era thread has offended me.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I'm going to take up drinking and I will use like 5 crazy straws all strung together just to upset you all.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Never go to the Czech Republic... It's called a Milko.

Ml%C3%ADko.jpg

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On the contrary, I like to get as much foam as possible. I hold the bottle straight up and pour it right down the middle. If it's gluggling out too slowly, then I'll give it a few shakes like a ketchup bottle.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
By all means, provide citation for your method.
I don't get why you're having so much trouble getting what this dude is saying. The video you linked is explaining how to avoid lost profits (not a concern for the person drinking) and CO2 build up in the drink (which isn't relevant to what they're saying).

They're just saying to overpour the beer until there's no room for a head. The CO2 still gets released and spills over the glass instead of forming a head that stays on top and the drinker gets a full glass of beer that has properly expelled its CO2.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Why don't you like a little head. It's compliments the beer perfectly. Next thing you know you're gonna tell us you like beer on the rocks