• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
its a thing where John Beech of MM and Snaggs from Mad-gfx takes a theme and make something out of it using Dreams for PS4.

The first one was crossbows.

This one is Power Tools

D8IWjZhWwAEVQQA

D8IWrjdWwAArOtQ

If you haven't already Dream Early Access is out on PS4.

Get you a copy - https://store.playstation.com/?resolve=EP9000-CUSA04301_00-DREAMS0000000000/

Oct 25, 2017
Wait............

Are these real life pictures?

I legit can't tell.

edit: This was made in dreams?!?!?!?!?

what the fuck.

That legit looks almost real.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok that's pretty incredible! Drill is my favorite.

Would it be possible to use models with this kind level of detail in the game without massive performance hits? Cause that would be even more amazing!

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Damn that's impressive! Dreams is going to be a massive success both on this gen and next.

Ok that's pretty incredible! Drill is my favorite.

Would it be possible to use models with this kind level of detail in the game without massive performance hits? Cause that would be even more amazing!

Can't speak to performance on current gen if you put these objects into equivalently realistic worlds, but I have to imagine the PS5 will afford a lot more headroom to make such a thing possible.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking how... Those are some of the best 3D models I've seen, and they were made exclusively in Dreams with a Dualshock 4/Move?!

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have to go with the drill! The way they got all the textures on it to look right is super impressive.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
That drill has an insane amount of detail to it. That chainsaw looks like something out of Doom. Has a sort of cartoony feel to it.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Drill remixable? I need to get in there and see how he did some of that detail work

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I work on some power tools tearing them apart and what not......................that picture creeps me the fuck out

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Do they work as a drill/chainsaw would if implemented in gameplay or are they "just" visually pleasing? Is the drill able to rotate if power button is pressed, etc.?

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Viewing the images on my phone, I had no idea they were fake until I scrolled down and saw the replies. Crazy.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
But I imagine you could make it functional with a bit of work.
Yup. In twitter one of the creator say his work only too 6% of the thermo, he dosent reveal if was the chainsaw or drill, so plenty of thermo left to do animations if they wanted to go that far. He also revealed that it took him 8 hours to do his work.

In the previous contest they did medieval crossbows, also just 3D models and they placed them available in the game for other users to remix them. And some guy animated them.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
These look so excellent. It might just be the camera positioning, but I think the chainsaw looks closer to realism than the drill, but that's no slight against the drill.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I came in here thinking "why am I looking at pictures of a random drill, what is OP smoking?"

But these were made in Dreams? Madness, the drill in particluar looks so real.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I figured that I wasn't going to make too much stuff because it's complicated and time-consuming to make something awesome.

But damn if I can't sit there and sculpt for hours. I was not expecting that to be so fun. So relaxing.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, Dreams is already worth it. Seems to have made new fans of sculpting?

When asked for tutorials on how they pulled it off.

Last edited:

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please let dreams have a 'Roblox' model to it. It could do so much that way.