• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This needs to be cross gen because there's no chance I will pick it up on PS4, would be an excellent launch game for PS5 though.

Oct 30, 2017
lol at people who are saying this is PS5 game while there are gamers playing the beta at this very moment on PS4 XD

So Fall this year or Q1 of next one? One of these for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
i expect about 6 months. Beta is very robust. ui needs a few additions but the core game is very solid. In another tweet they mentioned there wont be an open beta. They said they'll focus on launch after this closed beta.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hoping ps5 allows planet sized landscapes. Love shrinking my puppet and making everything enormous. Makes me feel like an ant.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, but with their sales, I've seen smaller studios killed with much better numbers.
How many of those small studios had massive successes like LBP and LBP2 on their belt? What a bizarre take.

Lost my hype long time ago, wanted to get into the beta but had no luck, I'm never kind to games that won't let me demo them.

Sorry MM but I'm not gonna pay the sticker price for your game (I even got Tearaway twice day one), I will get it used a few weeks down the line, or just borrow it.
This is what we call a tantrum.

Anyway, no shit Dreams isn't ready for launch. They're doing a beta for a reason.

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Yeah like the difference of Crackdown getting release date pushed back 3 times

You act like release dates don't get pushed back, it happens even for games years in development, as with the Last Guardian.
Crackdown 3 got grief for being announced in 2014 and being pushed back till 2019. Dreams was announced in 2013 and there's no sign of it coming out anytime soon and nowhere near the outcry

As I say, I love the difference

Oct 25, 2017
Let them take as long as they need. Hopefully they are optimizing Dreams for PS5 along with PS4 because by time it releases next gen won't be far off.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
You act like release dates don't get pushed back, it happens even for games years in development like the Last Guardian.
Crackdown 3 got grief for being announced in 2014 and being pushed back till 2019. Dreams was announced in 2013 and there's no sign of it coming out anytime soon.

Did Dreams had official release date announced when it was shown? No.
Last guardian was made fun of for its delay, hell it even had many meme's about it never coming out like half life 3.
You are acting like Dream's got delayed or something when they have released the beta as they said.

Switch

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wales
Did Dreams had official release date announced when it was shown? No.
Last guardian was made fun of for its delay, hell it even had many meme's about it never coming out like half life 3.
You are acting like Dream's got delayed or something when they have released the beta as they said.

Before you get on your high horse it did. It was meant to come in 2018

As I said, I love the difference

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
You act like release dates don't get pushed back, it happens even for games years in development, as with the Last Guardian.
Crackdown 3 got grief for being announced in 2014 and being pushed back till 2019. Dreams was announced in 2013 and there's no sign of it coming out anytime soon and nowhere near the outcry

Difference is probably due to the fact Sony has never pushed Dreams as a marquee AAA title like Microsoft did with Crackdown and on the face of it Dreams seems like a way more ambitious title, so people following the game are more lenient. Dreams also wasn't announced till E3 2015 btw.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously I do hope this comes out soon, but having spent a couple of weeks with the beta I am more than willing to wait for this game. I think there's a strong argument that this is the most ambitious game ever built and it's only right that they take their time. I've always believed in the idea of Dreams, I now believe they will deliver on it.

I think there's a decent chance it does release this year, as much as there are areas that could be improved, I'd give MM ÂŁ40 for this today if it meant I could play it until launch.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Beta shows tremendous potential. But they need to have rocksolid backend to handle storing, sharaing and distributing millions of creations. And also, they need to finish their core campaign, plan for live services [competitions and other stuff].

Take your time. Release when ready.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the recent media attention I kinda assumed this was coming soon-ish, guess not then. Still, ambitious games taking their sweet time is a positive thing, though of course there's a risk of the game coming a bit too long after people wanted to play it initially because.

MrCow

Oct 30, 2017
MM take your time to finish this ;) once I have this in my hands it will be hard to return to other games. Currently only playing the beta in my free time.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
This isn't Nintendo. Sony reveals their release windows at least long before the games come out.
God of Wars release date was revealed in Jan for April and Spider-Man's was revealed in April for September. With how Sony handles release dates this gen Dreams could definitely be a summer title.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Right... so an official trailer with 'coming in 2018' doesn't count.

As said, I love the difference

So they replaced this "coming 2018" with beta, which they released.
Did we also get a beta whenever crackdown 3 was delayed, which was like 3 times.
You love the differences, so just wanted to point out.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Right... so an official trailer with 'coming in 2018' doesn't count.

As said, I love the difference

What are your motivations for these posts?
Just trolling with passive aggressiveness?

I fail to see how it is relevant to the discussion of the dreams beta and weather it's ready to be released or not.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
What are your motivations for these posts?
Just trolling with passive aggressiveness?

I fail to see how it is relevant to the discussion of the dreams beta and weather it's ready to be released or not.
He's playing the persecution complex card, as if other Sony threads don't go to shit (Days Gone) daily.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Thank god they are treating a beta as a beta. They could just do like Bethesda woth Fallout, do a shitty beta days before release and launch the game completely broken.

In MM I trust. I am planninh on getting a Slim or Pro so I hope they will have a Dreams special edition, would be my first ever special edition of anything gaming related

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely think MM deserve whatever time they need to make Dreams as good as they want it to be, but for me personally I was willing to believe they were close to release because the beta is so much further along than I thought it'd be. Like, you can make fairly complex games in it right now. I'm sure I don't have the fluency with the tools to know how another year in the oven would make the final product so much better, so I don't think my impression is correct, but yeah.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I ultimately have no interest in this because this is like saying "you can play any game you want" after buying Dreams....I bought a console to play any game I want and I already know what I getting when I stick Sekiro in the disc drive. "But but but you can make Sekiro in Dreams" Or I could just play literally any other game. Don't get me wrong the idea is "technically" amazing but I don't care. I don't see this having wide appeal. Millions of people bought for LBP for kids to play and the tools were an addon. Dreams will be bought mainly by creative types and no one else.

Oct 25, 2017
I ultimately have no interest in this because this is like saying "you can play any game you want" after buying Dreams....I bought a console to play any game I want and I already know what I getting when I stick Sekiro in the disc drive. "But but but you can make Sekiro in Dreams" Or I could just play literally any other game. Don't get me wrong the idea is "technically" amazing but I don't care. I don't see this having wide appeal. Millions of people bought for LBP for kids to play and the tools were an addon. Dreams will be bought mainly by creative types and no one else.

This has a campaign just like LBP did. Also I think playing other people's games will prove infinite replay value even you are not capable of creation yourself.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
That comment is vague so I still hope we get something like Spider-Man where they announce a release date in April or so and launch by September.