• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
It's Media Molecules birthday today! So play a creation and get your Party Imp now! Remember, you've got until the end of the day to do it!

Eq6esKWXcAELiUA

Huh. I guess mine glitched. I played a game yesterday to get the imp, but when I checked the imp quest it was still there. I just assumed it would pop after the 24 hour period was over. Oh well.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
There's some small but quite useful changes coming in the next patch (as noted in MM's Trello Dreams roadmap). I wonder what "system background music" means? After many hours of dreamsurfing, the current background music has become very annoying. I'd love an option where i could just turn it off, just as i do with the Playstation OS. These things are fun for a while but over time, they tend to get really annoying in my case.

It's a shame Media Molecule never bothered to add a favourite system (it's still in their roadmap somewhere). Seems like such an easy thing to do (it's basically there already with the thumb system) and so useful. The "send to collection" system is far from ideal for a favourite system.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Sometimes when I add a sound effect I'm not able to adjust how far away you should be able to hear it. Does anyone know what's happening to cause this? Sometimes it shows that sound sphere but other times it does not.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Sometimes when I add a sound effect I'm not able to adjust how far away you should be able to hear it. Does anyone know what's happening to cause this? Sometimes it shows that sound sphere but other times it does not.

Could be a couple of things, but first check in the settings on the sound effect to make sure 3D Panning is turned on.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
As someone who hasn't been on Dreams for awhile, do the PS Move Controllers still work with the PS5?
Yes, but they only work with the PS4 camera and you need an adapter. The issue is that Sony are officially giving this adapter just to people who own PSVR. Supposedly you can still request an adapter via Sony support if you own Dreams, but I've heard people have tried with no success. I think this tweet is the only time Media Molecule have talked about it:

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Yes, but they only work with the PS4 camera and you need an adapter. The issue is that Sony are officially giving this adapter just to people who own PSVR. Supposedly you can still request an adapter via Sony support if you own Dreams, but I've heard people have tried with no success. I think this tweet is the only time Media Molecule have talked about it:

Alright this is good to know, I was curious cause I wanna get back into Dreams and start to finally learn how to actually make things within it so I wanted to make sure whether digging out the Move Controllers were worth it or not. I also plan on updating the OT this week with resources and what not for everyone to make it more useful since I've been slacking on that (which is my bad)

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I want to build an interior for a 3rd person action game. Specifically a cabin. I will have a character that walks around inside that is fairly large. Does anyone know a good example of someone who has done this on dreams? I'd like to be able to explore different rooms and I don't want any loading. I'm not sure if the camera should be fixed and angled down so that the roof can be hidden or if I should give free camera control. If I give free camera control then the space might not be large enough and it may clip through walls. I'm trying to figure out the best way to achieve this.

Sep 7, 2018
Is there a way that players can collaborate on a Dream like how you can bring someone in to help build your level in Little Big Planet?

At this point I'm going to need some help.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know when the PS5 update will come out? It would be nice to have some more space in the thermometer for levels made on ps5.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
They already have I think but all platforms share the same dreams/detail. The levels scale in gfx but maxing out thermo on PS5 might create problems on PS4.

See:

It runs better on the PS5 without question, but it would be nice to have some of the caps raised so that you can make more intricate levels. I have a feeling Dreams will be around for many years to come. It would be a shame if it was held back by the PS4.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I've grown to really dislike the music and sounds in this game. Like, I kind of hate them now and sometimes I just turn the game off rather than listen to it... or I don't even have the sound on when I'm creating/ animating.

Is there any way to turn this annoying music off without disabling all game music? I love this game but I swear the music is just abysmal after a year of hearing this same 30 second loop play everywhere endlessly. It's like mostly innocuous at first, and even a bit charming, but after a year it's obnoxious.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I've grown to really dislike the music and sounds in this game. Like, I kind of hate them now and sometimes I just turn the game off rather than listen to it... or I don't even have the sound on when I'm creating/ animating.

Is there any way to turn this annoying music off without disabling all game music? I love this game but I swear the music is just abysmal after a year of hearing this same 30 second loop play everywhere endlessly. It's like mostly innocuous at first, and even a bit charming, but after a year it's obnoxious.

Glad to see i'm not the only one. Honestly, the music and sound effects playing when dreamsurfing are starting to drive me nuts. I've used Dreams so much and having to listen to that one looping sound forever and ever is making me consider not using Dreams anymore until i can turn it off. In fact, i probably will do that sometime soon.

Most of the time, i don't use headphones anymore with Dreams because of it. Or i put my headphones on when the dreams are playing and take them off when i'm in the menu. I guess it's a personal thing as it doesn't seem to bother anyone else? I always turn off the sound in for example the Playstation user interface aswell.

You can turn off the sound but it also disables most music in the actual Dreams. So no, there is not a separate option. Iirc, there is some sort of option for sound effects in create mode?

edit: after a few more days, i've decided to leave Dreams until i can turn these menu sounds off.

Last edited:

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see i'm not the only one. Honestly, the music and sound effects playing when dreamsurfing are starting to drive me nuts. I've used Dreams so much and having to listen to that one looping sound forever and ever is making me consider not using Dreams anymore until i can turn it off. In fact, i probably will do that sometime soon.

Most of the time, i don't use headphones anymore with Dreams because of it. Or i put my headphones on when the dreams are playing and take them off when i'm in the menu. I guess it's a personal thing as it doesn't seem to bother anyone else? I always turn off the sound in for example the Playstation user interface aswell.

You can turn off the sound but it also disables most music in the actual Dreams. So no, there is not a separate option. Iirc, there is some sort of option for sound effects in create mode?

edit: after a few more days, i've decided to leave Dreams until i can turn these menu sounds off.
I'm pretty addicted to create, especially in VR which tbh is still mind blowing every time I use it... buuut I have just disabled all music and sounds, because I just cannot. I don't know how MM themselves can tolerate it at this point. Lol.

I hope they address this.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty addicted to create, especially in VR which tbh is still mind blowing every time I use it... buuut I have just disabled all music and sounds, because I just cannot. I don't know how MM themselves can tolerate it at this point. Lol.

I hope they address this.

I'm not a creator but i do check out the new creations almost everyday. Yesterday, i watched a few Dreams without sound so i wouldn't need to hear the dreamsurfing loop sounds. But i'm at a point that i'll probably quit Dreams until there is a patch.

I used the feedback thingie on the website to let them know i'd love an option to turn off the sound. If enough people do this, something might come from it. Or maybe we are the only two people who have this problem :) I haven't seen anyone else complaining so far.

Sep 7, 2018
I'm at the point where I'm going to need help with my level. I've been working on making a small platformer level for over a year now, but I still haven't finished it yet.
Is there anyone here who is decent at the mechanical stuff willing to collaborate?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Todays stream focused on the new audio importer

2.22 update
indreams.me audio importer
audio limits
MOTD update
Latest Version Collection Prompt
Similar Creation Tab removed from cover page of creation
new Boot Image
patch_222_game_boot_image.jpg

Last edited:

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Hello, I bought dreams on a clearence sale for 5€ and cant wait to see some creations
Bargain!

There is an incredible amount to see. Finding all of the best stuff can be tricky but you can start with this thread:

www.resetera.com

Best New Dreams Creations OT (PS4, PS5) | Discover Your Next Favorite Experience (Regular Updates) Sony - OT

Best New Dreams Creations OT (PS4, PS5) | Discover Your Next Favorite Experience (Regular Updates) Newest Update: Post #530 (as of August 2023) As a big fan of Dreams, I have noticed that the game is often praised as a powerful CREATION toolset that enable everybody to be a game creator...

And I have started curating some collections but still have so many games and experiences to add:

indreams.me

Best Games and Experiences

Best Games and Experiences is a collection made in Dreams.

That collection is best used within Dreams as I have grouped by genre, search for "best games and experiences" by hellokojack. I have a separate collection for VR.

If you log in to the official indreams.me site you can search and browse games and click "add to play later". Then in Dreams itself you can go to dream surfing, scroll down to your play later queue and play from there. Note that if you play one it will disappear from your play later queue, so you can add the good ones to your own collection(s) that you create.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Mm has job openings for three engine programmers, two graphics programmers and a physics programmer, in addition to two server programmers.

There must still be a fair bit going on with enhancements to Dreams (and likely not just multiplayer). Maybe official PS5 support or PS VR2 support?

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The port begging never stops, eh?

Im not not usually one for port begging (I don't even own a gaming PC) but as someone who loves Dreams, checks #madeindream everyday and has spoken to quite a few prominent creators over the years (many no longer active) I'm pretty confident when I say a PC port of Dreams NEEDS to happen or the game will continue to slow decline into irrelevancy.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Im not not usually one for port begging (I don't even own a gaming PC) but as someone who loves Dreams, checks #madeindream everyday and has spoken to quite a few prominent creators over the years (many no longer active) I'm pretty confident when I say a PC port of Dreams NEEDS to happen or the game will continue to slow decline into irrelevancy.
I was mostly joking, but aside from being locked to PS consoles there are other issues that need to be addressed like the UI and UX to even be able to play / watch stuff.

It needs to eventually be as easy as just being able to try something in a web browser on desktop / mobile and a login to do stuff like comment / etc.

Last edited:

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
the only way for a port to happen is another studio takes over. they are still small and been trying to hire new people and their current stuff is already lagging behind it would be awhile for it to happen

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
The indreams.me forums have finally been upgraded and re-enabled today. The forum software is far more functional now, and they've migrated all of the old posts over: https://forums.indreams.me/hc/en-gb/community/topics

(btw this thread is overdue some activity, since it's the OT!)

I have started the weekly updated best Dreams Creations OT late last year. IDontBeatGames and me originally had the idea to make two OTs, one for the game/creation tools and one for the best creations, because I try to highlight the excellent work of Dreams Creators and Curators there. So feel free to pop in there and discuss your favourites. I'd love to see you over there, too.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Mm have posted a teaser trailer and a blog post for an odd collaboration with Mercedes Benz:

Fast forward to the year 2078... Go on a journey with Eshe and her AI companion Kody. In this Dreams creator collaboration with Mercedes-Benz. COMING July 8th 2021! to Dreams!

"Dreams and Mercedes-Benz" is the result, a gorgeous narrative-based 2D platformer that presents one possible future: a world in which AI takes care of all the work, and humans are free to nurture their connection to creativity, the natural world, and to one another.

More info here:
docs.indreams.me

Imagine the future with Dreams and Mercedes-Benz

Media Molecule, the Dreams coMmunity and Mercedes-Benz present a playable vision of the future - and we want to see yours next.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
premiering in like 90 minutes or so. the video will premiere soon.

what did Megapenguin stumble upon afte the ship crashed?! we'll find out.

heres the teaser video they posted a few days ago

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Guess people got plushies now instead of statues from the latest impy awards.

wonder what they'll have next time for impy awards next year.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Another week, another Element released. Here's my Gyro Camera Rig: https://indreams.me/element/osDUTShwgwE

This has been many months in the making and features multitudes of sliders and switches to tweak. You can just drop it into a Scene and it'll work by default, for example, if you've got some kind of sculpture or scenery showcase where the player has free reign to look around.

I've also set up a Tag/Teleport system that can make the camera stick to any other object. A good use of this would be a rollercoaster; if you make something like that the the movement controls should be disabled. There are sliders to limit the look threshold, so you can prevent the player from looking all the way behind.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I reinstalled Dreams today to checkout all the new stuff that has been released since the last time I played and I need to come here and recommend Starfighter Gemini. The game is way too good.

I was actually surprised on how complete the game feels and how fun it was.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
new boot incoming. bye dreamscom. hello new art

E736xnrXMAIGCkS

never really thought. why not make wallpapers in dreams