• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
Dreams is a E for Everyone, but there are some 'naughty' games made in Dreams. And it's quite ... something :p

Oct 28, 2017
I think this is going to be one with long legs. Many oppurtunities to re-market the game with the PSVR support, Online Support and PS5 port at later dates.
I hope so. Game deserves it. It really is fantastic by far the best game Media Molecule have ever made and frankly it's gonna take some doing to remove this from the top of my GOTY list come the end of the year.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Hey guys,
My friend and I released a game together! I came up with the concept, which is fairly basic. Basically, you're put at various points on the court and shoot the basketball for 3 minutes. I did all of the scenery, I came up with the game, did the scoring while my friend did the animation & logic. We had a few others help with small things because my friend knew them but yeah if you wanna try it out here's the indreams.me link. If you enjoy it or got feedback let me know and of course if you enjoy it, leave a thumbs up!

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The Dreams making addiction is real. I'd only dabbled here and there since the beta, never really got the time to put enough effort in. Have a few weeks I was supposed to be caring for post-eye-op doggo but she wasn't well enough to go under, so think I'm going to have to just make a game instead.

Hardest thing is resisting playing and experiencing everything in my queue though, so much interesting stuff.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
Can I just say as someone who doesn't own Dreams and just like reading about the game: the OT title "What Games Are Made Of" is the GOAT? It's so simple and perfect that it makes me click the thread more than I would if it had another title.

Nezumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hessen, Germany
you post the link directly into the comment box, vs. using the insert link utility. It's a little backwards, I know.

What no way that's how it...

indreams.me

Hyper Puzzle Ω

Animated scenes gets sliced up and scrambled, and it's your job to put them back together again! Music by @AydreinnTTV, @BonfireKnight69, @Hypertronik, @DOTBAD_, @j_plusb, @Cyberpunk-JC, @Terrific_Tristan, and Mm.

Well I'll be damned :D

Thank you. That is indeed strange and unintuitive...

Last edited:

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017

indreams.me

Silent Hills (Full Game)

Based of P.T, Silent Hills is a vision of how the game could have been -- Domestic homicides are soaring in the town of Silent Hill and the local police is overwhelmed. Jeffrey Harper, a cop from Brahms, is one of many sent to help the Silent Hill police.
e2c9bd5f515d7735ed2248ed62e6a390

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
My biggest disappointment is that there is so much disgusting pewdiepie meme content in Dreams now, some of it is straight up racist. MM needs to moderate it somehow.

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest disappointment is that there is so much disgusting pewdiepie meme content in Dreams now, some of it is straight up racist. MM needs to moderate it somehow.
I was afraid of this the second that video went up that this man's trashy ass fanbase would show up and just rapidly proceed to wreck the amazing community built up throughout early access. It's super easy to just span the dreamiverse with low quality shit and I don't think the moderation system is going to be robust enough to handle it. I was honestly surprised how wholesome it was for this long but I guess that's coming to and end now.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I was afraid of this the second that video went up that this man's trashy ass fanbase would show up and just rapidly proceed to wreck the amazing community built up throughout early access. It's super easy to just span the dreamiverse with low quality shit and I don't think the moderation system is going to be robust enough to handle it. I was honestly surprised how wholesome it was for this long but I guess that's coming to and end now.

Hopefully the PDP shit will wear off in a few weeks, I actually watched his video (First PDP vid I've ever seen) and I don't get what appeal he has: AT ALL. Seriously, random dumb cuts, screaming, meme, random cuts, screaming, meme. That's all it is.

Anyway, got a bit more comfortable with sculpting but since I only play an hour or so a day it's probably making progress slower than I expected. I should hopefully get somewhere soon.

Oct 28, 2017
I've never clicked on any of these but I am purposefully avoiding the trending dreams section for this reason, and anything with the PDP tag(which seems to be quite a lot!).

Also just a thought I've been having. Why did Sony choose to make this a new IP rather than LittlebigPlanet 3D? Lets face some facts here. This is Littlebigplanet 3D. Replace imps with flying Sackboy creatures boom done. Maybe with the LBP brand it would have got a little bit more attention?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I still haven't touched art's dream or any of the mm-made games yet, so much to do in creation (no, this isn't a LBP but just in 3D, not at all).

One of the things yet to be seen about Dreams as a platform is whether it takes on patterns seen in other social media platforms. Will people end up clinging to imitations of games a la fake news, or become a place where offensive views and content will quietly thrive until it becomes just a bit too big to handle properly when the next generation arrives? Will people be outright bullied through the comments section or through dream creations themselves? How can they handle such things without removing swaths of content or handing out whole-PSN bans?

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
I really dont get why people only care about copyright stuff that the most boring stuff, I do wish Mm would do more and take down clear copyright things

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I really dont get why people only care about copyright stuff that the most boring stuff, I do wish Mm would do more and take down clear copyright things

MM is not against it, they think it's nice people start with that and they'll do eventually their own stuff later.
I think the truth is they want the hype from it :p This is most of why the game had exposure in mainstream vg medias in the past, let's be honest.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This reminded me a little of the game Orioto is working on. A lovely aesthetic that plays into the strengths of the engine.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
MM is not against it, they think it's nice people start with that and they'll do eventually their own stuff later.
I think the truth is they want the hype from it :p This is most of why the game had exposure in mainstream vg medias in the past, let's be honest.
Yeah I just want to get pass the "Someone made ........clone in Dreams"

Make something that move and jump like Mario or Sonic is fine but dont use the look and style

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Yeah I just want to get pass the "Someone made ........clone in Dreams"

Make something that move and jump like Mario or Sonic is fine but dont use the look and style

Well that's always what i think about fan remakes, so much talent and work done for nothing, when you could easily change the character and name and have an actual game.
I mean i make my living of fanart but this is really different actually, i represent games, i have absolutely no interest creating remakes of games, i have my story to tell.

This reminded me a little of the game Orioto is working on. A lovely aesthetic that plays into the strengths of the engine.

That's pretty! The way you can create different artstyle in Dreams is pretty amazing

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have this game (or a PS4, planning on getting one over the Summer when school is out), but I have a question.

When you create things for this game, is it easy to create just...something?

What I mean is like...is it easy to screw something up to the point where you just give up and delete it, or does the game encourage you to keep creating and push past your mistakes?

Dr.Hadji

Apr 21, 2018
I'm really at a loss here. I'm trying to find a way to rotate a ring of collectables (you know like coins, or rings, or note pieces) around a center axis (just like planets revolving around the sun). And I can find no way to do it using these simple motor gadgets. I can always use the action recorder as my last resort but there has to be a more elegant way to do something do essential to 3d platformers.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why not? There's a big appeal to that. People will make original unique stuff. Let people have their remakes too.

I guess some of this feeling is due to these remakes getting all the attention and likes (both in game and by larger media outlets), leaving original projects to fight over the scraps of attention that are left over.

Dec 12, 2019
"The Witcher 4: WTF Edition" made by one of Polish game journalists. You guys are not ready for this ;)

Sadly, no subtitles in english, but sometimes "a picture is worth a thousand words" :D

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really at a loss here. I'm trying to find a way to rotate a ring of collectables (you know like coins, or rings, or note pieces) around a center axis (just like planets revolving around the sun). And I can find no way to do it using these simple motor gadgets. I can always use the action recorder as my last resort but there has to be a more elegant way to do something do essential to 3d platformers.

The motor approach should work. The key with connectors is that the position and orientation of the purple middle part indicates how the joint moves. The more typical approach I think would be to use keyframes (and really if you haven't used them much I'd recommend getting familiar with them they are absurdly powerful). Create a key frame with the object at north, east, south and west, and then use a looping time line with the keyframes set at north, east, west, south, north.

I guess some of this feeling is due to these remakes getting all the attention and likes (both in game and by larger media outlets), leaving original projects to fight over the scraps of attention that are left over.

I'd love to see more attention towards the brilliant original creations, but at the end of the day the remakes are one of the things drawing people to Dreams in the first place. All PR is good PR where Dreams is concerned. Having said that it's astonishing how bad some of the remakes that get attention are, and that is quite frustrating.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018
Hey, sorry to be a pain. I watched the stream but it only showed how to do one handed. The other hand kind of flopped about. Any idea if you bolt a gun into two hands? They talked about it but didn't seem to show it. 😂

Turn down all setting that affect the arms in the puppets tweak menu, and then just animate both hands together should do the trick.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
They have to nail the controls to make a proper 3D Mario. That has to be the hardest part.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Man, some of these tutorials are frustrating me. Not that its hard to pick up but it feels like I'm fighting the camera on sculpting, tentacle edit helps slightly but then I can't build on top of the object with it.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Why not? There's a big appeal to that. People will make original unique stuff. Let people have their remakes too.

Ultimately I understand the appeal for the licensed stuff to stay for both the consumers and Media Molecule, but seeing the low quality efforts blow up in likes can be pretty disheartening for the creators. At least it was for me.

During Early Access my stuff was barely getting seen past the first week, so I decided to throw together a Luigi Mansion-ish clone with Shaggy from Scooby Doo as the main character. I worked on it for a week, and published it. At the time trending wasn't a thing, only recommended. But immediately my licensed Dream hit the top 5, even with some stuff still broken. I spent the next week fixing and refining the controls, turning it into something I was mildly pleased with.

Shaggy slowly descended down the recommended list, eventually falling off completely. But it still gets 10-15 likes a week just off of name alone.

Meanwhile, I started work on an original creation with another collaborator. We spent over a month working and refining every inch of the creation to make sure it was as polished as possible. Upon publishing, it managed to hit trending for a a few hours, but pretty much died shortly after leaving the list. The feedback was super positive, and the like to play ratio was 1-2 compared to Shaggy's 1-4, but our original creation has barely been played 500 times after 8 months in the Dreamiverse, compared to the 4k of my licensed Dream.

I stopped creating shortly after finishing our collaboration. Without feedback, it just didn't seem worth the effort anymore unless I made creations with other people's properties.

Thankfully I republished my original property shortly after launch and all the exposure/positive comments has motivated me to get back into creating. But I feel for the other creators who our currently going through the same growing pains.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm having tons of trouble (and fun) trying to make a climbable ladder. I realize that I'm not really understanding the follow function yet. I'll try to make this work in another way. For now at least I can go up to a ladder and press up, and the character turns towards it and slowly levitates up and then lands on the platform above, although if I let go before then, it glitches out due to collision with the platform. Lots of things to mess around it.

Some games I tried tonight:
https://indreams.me/dream/mSbunoAqyuG - really pretty platformer.
https://indreams.me/dream/mWtEkcxFNTG - evil game.
https://indreams.me/dream/mSNjCVQNBxj - simple game but amazing animations.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017

I recently reported "Mexican Simulator" as being racist. It's some 'get past Trump's wall' bitingly political commentary. However, as I described in the complaint, "The main character is a default puppet whose head is a taco". Now moving beyond the fact that reporting requires you to actually describe things like that, in very few words because of an arbitrarily small character limit, feeling pretty shitty about the whole process at this point... I get a response from PS that "appropriate action" has been taken, and a paragraph warning not to make false or unfair claims, as this "abuse" may result in action against the abuser.

Mexican Simulator is still there and I've been warned.

That's pretty fucked up.

Last edited:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't you fight against the bad content by copying it and making it good?

Or better yet, force MM's hand by creating the reverse content where you're beating the hell out of a Trump puppet.