• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
You need the stereoscopic PS4 camera to use the Move wands on a PS4.

if anyone sees themselves getting into Dreams VR creation / play might be better to spring for a bundle. Especially when the bundles go on sale; you can get the Moves, camera, and headset for as low as $200 (usually with games, too!)
aw nope that's too much of an investment yet.
Hoping the game comes to PC then, here I have a vive and index controllers.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
So i talked about Dreams for 1 hour and a half in a mainstream media, even if that was a live stream with probably nobody watching lol, but it's in french (and light is terrible on my face, also i did something awful when trying to showcase the tools :p I'm clearly not Kareem, but it's difficult to focus on what you do lol)

ERKvlX9W4AELQUs

Link

Other than that it seems Feufollet is still a little broken for collisions after Unmecrandom fixed some things, i hope we can fix that.. Was not really cool to make drastic changes just when a ton of new players arrives..

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I have a feeling a lot of people were holding their creations secret and decide to release them now that the game is out because a month or so ago I went to play the early access and couldnt find most of the great stuff we are seeing now. I am still out of the dev train but really want to... I tried to make some soungs but I couldnt get past 5 or 10 seconds of nice rythm that gets too bloated later lol. Sculpting is probably way easier to achieve decent results quickly.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I spent part of the other night creating a large collection of high quality vehicles, from sports cars to sci fi stuff and even a very lovely looking low poly art Starfox ship.

Some folks were asking ahout detailed cars, so I'll publish the collection soon after I've furrher organized the layout of said collection :)

I actually have a collection started of my favorite memes remade in Dreams lol. Maybe I'll publish it, though some of them arent the best quality... maybe i can divide it up visually.

I'm down for any cars! I've now set up the logic for traffic in my town scene pretty nicely and found some good cars from this collection as he is taking real models for inspiration. Just need to animate the wheels still.

On another note...
https://indreams.me/scene/dfXtrhLvPpx/photos

cd20b76e4f616664d07f594e7bd850e4

HOLY CRAP! What a city.

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
How much easier is it to create with Move controllers than the DS4? I have a couple at my mom's place that I haven't used since the PS3 days. Wondering if it's worth grabbing them.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
How much easier is it to create with Move controllers than the DS4? I have a couple at my mom's place that I haven't used since the PS3 days. Wondering if it's worth grabbing them.
For manipulating objects, i.e. for sculpting and placing objects around a scene, it's a night and day difference in terms of productivity

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You need a PS4 camera too.

It's not easier, it's different. I use both and I tend to only pick Moves if I'm making a free-form Sculpture. You cannot manipulate the ds4 in 3D space, so when you move an object you will be moving it along the plane parralllel to the screen using the gyro, and analogue sticks to move in/out of the screen. With a Move you can place it easily anywhere in 3D space and quickly pivot/rotate it.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't suppose there's an easy way to copy logic from one element/scene to another, is there? No meta-clipboard?

I've got five or six creations other people have made that all have bits that I want to mash together. I assume it's just a case of jumping between them, replicating each bit I want and sorting out clashes/bugs?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I don't suppose there's an easy way to copy logic from one element/scene to another, is there? No meta-clipboard?

I've got five or six creations other people have made that all have bits that I want to mash together. I assume it's just a case of jumping between them, replicating each bit I want and sorting out clashes/bugs?
press X on the gadget. There should Be a download button to the right of the screen

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
I certainly wasn't expecting that answer. Thank you.

Any idea how you upload it to another scene?
like any other asset. you can search and add it to current scene.

just make sure that if it uses variables and you want it to persist in other scenes you have to make sure to check the option for it to persist. other wise it'll just be for that local scene.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know any good good vids or tips for key frames. I want to make this scene with my tiefighters but I can't seem to grasp it mentally.
Animation is kicking my ass lol.

PayOffWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Manchester England
Does anyone know how to combine different sculpts into a single sculpt. And not by grouping them.
Ive made fingers and a hand but when they are grouped the still have a hard edge between the two objects.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Love Mimeo Prophecy.

indreams.me

MIMEO PROPHECY (WIP)

Play chapter 2 now!<br><br>MIMEO PROPHECY is an Action RPG with the premise to re-imagine one of those good old RPGs.<br><br>It will have a rather slow start to introduce the characters but there will be action later on. Approx. 3.5h gameplay.

It has that old-school JRPG feel.

bb19458963bef9c7a30a9fb1bdb34a85

2c817bffb58e50eb4d6d7ce0386de2e3

b142754be4fa14ac4568721de780df75

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Waking up to a bunch of thumbs up for my collections was a great feeling. It'll take me forever to git gud with the creative tools, but at least I could make life a little easier for people currently slaving away at level design.

indreams.me

Restaurant Assets

Start your own restaurant without the risk of crippling debt!
indreams.me

Painting Collection

Class up your spaces with museum-grade art from across the Dreams community!

I'll get that Curator badge yet!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why making a space shooter is giving me trouble.

I'd like Mm to make more 'engine' packs like the ball rolling game. A basic 2D shoot em up with player ship, enemies, a few waves for animation and scoring shouldn't be too hard to put togehter, and encourages you to update the art, then maybe add some waves of your own etc. (add lots of comments via text boxes in microchips to help etc)

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
So many people releasing complete stuff now, but that's what i wanted to avoid personally, cause it's going to be a mess now and things will get forgotten pretty quickly. That's why released the demo before to make the game known and i'll release the game later when it can shine more i hope.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So many people releasing complete stuff now, but that's what i wanted to avoid personally, cause it's going to be a mess now and things will get forgotten pretty quickly. That's why released the demo before to make the game known and i'll release the game later when it can shine more i hope.
Imo it's unrealistic to think that anything in Dreams would ever find more than a brief period of popularity

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Does anyone know how to combine different sculpts into a single sculpt. And not by grouping them.
Ive made fingers and a hand but when they are grouped the still have a hard edge between the two objects.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's possible unfortunately. I remember it being one of the most popular requests to the dev. Maybe they finally added it and I hadn't heard...

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you can. Off the top of my head, one workaround would be to scope into each of the individual sculpts and use the stamp tool (with blend) to cover over the seams between your two individual sculpts

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Amongst all the absolutely incredible technical aspects to this game, I think the load times are almost the most impressive. They almost don't exist. I don't understand how it's been accomplished, it's like PS5.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I can't believe how little (read that as "none") information I can find about this: does the game have HDR support?
Or everyone doesn't care anymore about that feature already?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Amongst all the absolutely incredible technical aspects to this game, I think the load times are almost the most impressive. They almost don't exist. I don't understand how it's been accomplished, it's like PS5.

100%. I'm also really impressed at how well-optimized all the Dreams feel on the Pro's high performance mode; I feel like it's 60 fps most of the time, outside of some ultra-high detail demos like SURViVE.

It's impossible for people to appreciate this game without playing it, because there's never been anything like it before.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I need some logic help. I'm probably making this a lot more complicated than it is. I have a puppet restricted to 2D movement and I've added a crouching state by checking the + on the Y axis, and powering a keyframe when it's detected. So far, so good.

Now, the character can still walk and run while crouched, which is not my intention. So I want it to lock the X axis from the controller while crouching (you must still be able to jump from there or use Square to attack). I've tried several ways to modify the signal going into the Walk function on the puppet, but I can't figure out how to just block it. How do I "intercept" a signal?

Preferrably it should be analog, so that it only locks when it's fully crouched. Otherwise it will stop moving if you move the stick ever so slightly down.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Man, this game blows my mind and I feel like it deserves some type of Technology award. They actually pulled off combining a game engine with a sculpting program with a music mixing program with a painter program with a modeling program with a rigging tool with an animation suite ect. ect. It's mind boggling.

As a game dev, I wish I could invest time into this, but it's basically learning a new engine for me... a lot of this shit is how all games are made.

With all that said however, I unfortunately cannot see this game having any legs at all. Without a proper pay model that would incentives creators to make full polished products, it's hard to keep a players interest in the "products" made with this engine.

The honest most difficult part of a games development is the last 5-10% of its creation, which is the toughest most grindy part and I can't see many creators getting to that point.

While they made a super compelling Engine an engine is only as good as its software... hopefully I'm wrong though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I'm actually making major progress on my Runescape Tutorial Island Remake on Dreams, I'm gonna be posting pictures of comparisons tonight in this thread. I hope anyone here who has played or still plays RS ends up giving me feedback!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
They didn't even talk about Dreams on the Giant Bombcast. Very disappointing. This game is incredible.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
MMDreamQueen has about 230.000 followers. And normally everyone who owns the game will automatically follow her. Knowing that about 50.000 to 75.000 of those sales already were in early acces. So Dreams did not have sold 200K in it's first week. That's not great actually ...

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
MMDreamQueen has about 230.000 followers. And normally everyone who owns the game will automatically follow her. Knowing that about 50.000 to 75.000 of those sales already were in early acces. So Dreams did not have sold 200K in it's first week. That's not great actually ...
www.playstationlifestyle.net

Dreams Ranks Among Top 10 Bestsellers in the UK During Launch Week - PlayStation LifeStyle

Dreams PS4 sales crack top 10 UK bestseller list during launch week. Keep in mind this only accounts for physical sales made since its February 14th launch.
This seems positive.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
Is that true? Do you automatically follow MMDreamQueen, or do you have to go through some of the Dreamshaping tutorials first?

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Without a proper pay model that would incentives creators to make full polished products, it's hard to keep a players interest in the "products" made with this engine.
There are so many counterexamples though. Look at the mod scene or the flash game scene.

The two most popular games on Steam currently are CounterStrike and Dota, which were both initially mods made by fans and released for free.

You also have enormously popular genres like Autochess, Dayz-style games, the Battle Royale genre, Tower Defense games Etc etc. which were all spawned by creators who "didn't have a proper pay model" to incentivise them to make fullly-polished products.