• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Currently $10 on Amazon and Gamestop.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Really incredible stuff in that video. MediaMolecule is incredibly talented and so unique compared to a lot of other studios.

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Pretty sure that was already uploaded somewhere, maybe their Twitter. Still a great little video that showcases the breadth of creations on there.

Dreams remain one of Sony's biggest problems IMO. They let Mm the time and space to create what they wanted and Mm pulled off this amazing platform for creation. But it's daunting to ask for people to try. I really feel like they need to give you a free-to-play copy of the game where only a curated list of dreams are available but the full creation is available to the user. So if they want free reign of the dreamverse they buy the game.

They need something, I'm just not sure what.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
MediumTimelyChimpanzee-max-1mb.gif

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think a carful online multiplayer update could make this A huge online coop creative hit.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
they probably need a new round of marketing push if they really want Dreams to take off. making it free didn't mean much if people didn't know about it or not interested in it.

I don't know how feasible it is, but I think MM probably need to make a collection of really polished games that is not short tech demo and market those instead rather than pushing the creation tools

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lively studio, just as lovely a game. Haven't played anything these last couple of months but I'll make sure to dreamsurf some this week.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Dreams is incredible, I was only disappointed by the creators making constant meme games (Spongebob FUCKING Squarepants I swear to God I hate that show and everything it stands for because of these fucking memeshits all over the fucking internet).

Media Molecule made an incredible game, and I understand the PS5 version has more room for stuff. It needs a sort of second push, maybe a new full game with Dreams added to it will help more. Maybe LittleBigPlanet 3D? (I know Sackboy kinda does this).

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
They need servers for my fucking cloud saves lol

My Dreams save is nearly 2GB!
It's pretty limiting, since PS4 doesn't allow local saves for a single game over a certain size so I don't think there's anything that can be done to increase the limits.. Dreams is one of the few games which would have good reason for allowing 10s of GB of save data.

However, you can save as much as you want online on the Dreamiverse, so generally it's best practice just to save creations online as private, and delete the local file if you're not actively working on it.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I need to get into this. I LOVE LBP with my whole heart and this looks like a lot of fun.

How's the game for someone who has no interest in creating? I struggle to get a lot out of open ended games like animal crossing, minecraft and the like. I'm not creative enough to make anything worthwhile, honestly, so I'd just be playing other stuff people make.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Happy Birthday! Great game that I keep coming back to every couple of weeks. Anyone know if there's an update to coincide with the anniversary?

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently, Dreams was released two years ago (i still use it nearly every day checking out new creations) and since then i keep wondering what Media Molecule is doing at the moment. Other than adding VR, it feels way too little was added to Dreams to warrant a full team working on this so either they are working on something else or on some bigger yet unannounced Dreams related stuff? Surely someday soon something new and substantial has to be announced for this studio to survive?

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Apparently, Dreams was released two years ago (i still use it nearly every day checking out new creations) and since then i keep wondering what Media Molecule is doing at the moment. Other than adding VR, it feels way too little was added to Dreams to warrant a full team working on this so either they are working on something else or on some bigger yet unannounced Dreams related stuff? Surely someday soon something new and substantial has to be announced for this studio to survive? I don't see how Dreams is bringing in any money at the moment.

They've been hiring quite a bit and Sony likely loves having their prestige around, as everything they make is critical gold. I think they're also profitable.

But yeah, it's likely they're working on something new.