• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
More than any developer, Media Molecule has been driven by a singular goal: to empower players to make and share their own games. LittleBigPlanet focused this concept on the 2D platformer, but clever players spent years devising ways to stretch and twist their creations beyond the genre's confines. With the release of Dreams, Media Molecule obliterates those confines completely, giving players a broad and flexible suite of development tools to create whatever their hearts desire. Dreams may not strictly be a game, but the tools are easy and intuitive enough to make the creation process fun for everyone, which delivers a wealth of entertaining experiences noncreators can enjoy.

Link: https://www.gameinformer.com/review/dreams/bringing-your-imagination-to-life

Score: 9.5/10

Discuss.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Not sure how to understand this score.

If a buy the Early Access version am I getting a 9.5 game or is it more of a prediction for the final product?

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Already bringing the salt in the comments.

'I wouldn't say dead but it probably wont sell well and will be forgotten about in a year as most people already dont even know it exists'

Also one muppet who thinks you can only use Moves with it

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
9.5 for Incomplete version?! this game is gonna be highest rated PS4 game this gen, alongside TLoU2. maybe 96-97!

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know how anyone would give this a very low score anyway. Seems like what they've been promising for years has been delivered almost fully.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
This game is going to be such a critical darling when the full, finished product comes out.

Not that I'm surprised or anything - I always knew it would score highly.

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Man I can't agree with that score at all, it's so fiddly and convoluted. Would you also give Unity a 9.5 as "anything is possible"?

Technically It's super impressive, but it just isn't fun. the various games made with it are all 1 minute wonder's so far, and the tutorial is a mess due to supporting two very different controllers.

Was going to wait for it to be out of early access and try picking it up again, but guess I'm in the minority for feeling very let down from it.

Jun 1, 2018
Man I can't agree with that score at all, it's so fiddly and convoluted. Would you also give Unity a 9.5 as "anything is possible"?

Technically It's super impressive, but it just isn't fun. the various games made with it are all 1 minute wonder's so far, and the tutorial is a mess due to supporting two very different controllers.

Was going to wait for it to be out of early access and try picking it up again, but guess I'm in the minority for feeling very let down from it.
yeah i agree the "games" are nothing more than vertical slices that look good at first sight but with closer inspection... i hoped it would be possible to make like 5-8 hour games.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Media Molecule is on of the best and most innovative studios in the game industry biz. So I'm not surprised. Dreams is magical. And for the current price... wow it's a steal.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
There's no reason to give a low score, it's basically a engine that everyone can use. Can't wait for the final version.

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i agree the "games" are nothing more than vertical slices that look good at first sight but with closer inspection... i hoped it would be possible to make like 5-8 hour games.
Games been out for a full month.. maybe now gamers can appreciate gave dev now that they have an opportunity to see how it is somewhat. You can't make a 5-8 hour game in a month don't be ridiculous. Especially when a lot of the creations are being done by one person

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of reviewing something in early access.
Well it's a product you can purchase. What other reason do reviews exist? As long as they designate it's early access status I dont see the issue.

Man, really can't wait for this. Patiently waiting since tearaway in 2013 for MMs next.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
It's been two months (if we're counting the beta), where is my thirty hour AAA gaming equivalent? Can we mandate crunch for Dreamers already?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
5-8 hour games, made by 1 person in 1 month? .....time for gamers to "crunch" as it seems. lmao.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So can I build my own game in dreams? How easy is to work with it?

Oct 25, 2017
So can I build my own game in dreams? How easy is to work with it?
To be honest it's as easy and as hard as you want it to be is the best answer I can give. Depends on the kind of game you wanna make
However I will give a tip

Ps move>DualShock 4
Now excuse me as I run from other dreamers bout to say no lol

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be honest it's as easy and as hard as you want it to be is the best answer I can give. Depends on the kind of game you wanna make
However I will give a tip

Ps move>DualShock 4
Now excuse me as I run from other dreamers bout to say no lol

Watched some videos it's kind of crazy what you can do with it. Might give this a try.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The final game will have a campaign, but this title is completely worth the entry fee for just the creations Dreamers will come up with. Fucking stunning stuff being seen on Twitter and YouTube already.

I want them to update the game with a robust set of vehicle handling physics options, and not just rely on creators to finagle the settings to get some compelling driving/vehicle gameplay. They do that, and this is my game of the forever.

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how to understand this score.

If a buy the Early Access version am I getting a 9.5 game or is it more of a prediction for the final product?

You're getting a 9.5 game development studio.

For the record, I've spent evenings and weekends since launch, and without any development ever (except dabbling with Basic 25 years ago) I'm nearing completion on a short game. Dreams is ridiculously user friendly, all things considered.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I was hoping to get paid a billion dollars a day for my 9 to 5 job. But then I realized, that just isn't realistic. Just like 5-hour games one month after release.