• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Sounds awesome.

I so wanted to get this game but between my backlog and wanting to see how it ends up being supported on PS5, I shall most definitely buy it next year.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's awesome, can't wait to see the trophies for this.

Dyllan Price

Oct 25, 2017
YASSSSSSSSSS! Im excited for the campaign and to see all those MM made mini games that they've been hiding from us.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
That is good stuff. Cant wait to dig into Mm's campaign and catch up on all the creations I've seen popping up in videos, what I've played so far has been very exciting despite most of it being WIP

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Can't wait. Jumped back into Dreams last night and some of the creations are WILD now.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
I didn't spend much time with the early access version of Dreams, mostly because I begun to run out of worthwhile community levels to play after a few weeks, and felt that maybe 5% of the levels were actually pretty good — that's not being dismissive towards other people's creations, just that I wasn't enjoying myself after an enjoyable honeymoon period.

I am really, really looking forward to play the levels created by Media Molecule, and jumping back into a bigger and better community in a weeks time, all thanks to those lovely folks in Brighton!

Pianist_1434428299.gif

Last edited:

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Nice! Haven't played in 6 months so imagine a lot has changed already.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
They really have done a good job of making it feel like you're part of something. From the little touches like the intro video where they just talk to you, and then the community aspects and live streams. Then early access for....early accessors? Nice. I hope they can really market this thing and make it a success.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Noice, would like to attempt to be one of the first to earn the platinum but I have exams later this month

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Creation
Now, we know our voracious creators in Early Access are dying to know what's changed in the tools. We've added better thermometer tools (level analysis and heatmaps), camera bookmarks and a whole new control scheme that uses left and right sticks, not the motion sensor function, for players who prefer that option.

We've also done a lot under the hood - our best guess for how many changes have been made between the start of Early Access and now is...well...18,000? We've deployed bug fixes (much of it based on your feedback, thank you!) and added polish across the game. Smaller changes have been made to:
  • Checkpoint / respawn redesign
  • Display settings
  • Visual polish & bug fixes
  • Emitters iteration
  • Audio preferences
  • Puppets procedural animation and walk cycles
  • Gadget colour (consistency pass)
  • Fog range
  • Audio strokes – improve stacked selection and movement
  • Audio – localised envelopes
  • Scoreboard iteration
  • Watermark can be turned off in preferences
  • Feedback responded to:
    • Option to change sculpt default to single stamp
    • Sky flecks on slide
Now, every time we do an update to the tools, there is the potential that community made content will be impacted by the changes. We do our absolute best to minimise this and make the transition as smooth as possible. We are aware of a few issues that may crop up and so, we've penned this epic document with examples and fixes to help you with anything that might be affected AND we'll be doing a special stream with our QA legend Kevin Watt on Wednesday, February 12th at 4PM GMT to answer your questions and help with any fixes live on stream. You can watch, as always on Twitch or YouTube.

Thank you for supporting us in Early Access - we can't wait to welcome you to the new improved Dreamiverse, ahead of schedule, on February 11th!

Very important for active creators to take a look at!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sweet, that is awesome! Good going Mm.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
single player content? didnt know that! cant wait to play the full game.

are blueprints in the game yet? like for first person shooters, racing games etc. or is that still planned?

Yep they have a whole story mode, made by them with the game's tools, ready to go for the full release. I'm very excited to check it out, I loved LBP2's campaign.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Very cool. I'm excited about this,!!

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Call me pessimistic but, after a year of early access, all you see is just demo of stuff people created, sure they have to learn the system, but i doubt even after release the real game, that this will change a lot. My dream of playing 5-10h games is pretty low at the moment