• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
1. Why wasn't this in state of play?
2. So it will go off sale at some point? The "limited" language indicates that

I'm down, especially for $30

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
This announcement should've capped off the State of Play presentation. Mind boggling that it wasn't even included. Would've gone down a treat and saved Sony from dislike doom on Youtube... maybe.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Are you fucking kidding that this isn't available straight away in the UK?? It's made here!

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Control release date, Dreams early access date, Wolfenstein Youngblood. All 3 would've improved State of Play to seem worthwhile.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This announcement should've capped off the State of Play presentation. Mind boggling that it wasn't even included. Would've gone down a treat and saved Sony from dislike doom on Youtube... maybe.
I doubt it alone would have saved them from the dislikes, but there were a bunch of stuff that could have been there.
Borderlands teaser video
Path of exile as a shadow drop
Are two examples, and there were more

Are you fucking kidding that this isn't available straight away in the UK?? It's made here!
It is, playstation EU blog said all of europe.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
For the people asking why it wasn't in the SoP; I'm sure it will get a blowout in a SoP closer to its actual release since this one will be limited. I believe Sony wants to specifically expose the games in SoPs that will have full releases in 1 to 3 months or so.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Might have to double dip. I really want a physical copy for my collection. But I also don't want to wait.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I have a really well priced physical copy pre-ordered... Do I skip that and jump in on this?

Is the $30 early access version the eventual full game or is there going to be another purchase on top down the line?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe OP can add full article of PS Blog to avoid confusion about countries available, add price per region, etc...

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really weird that this wasn't part of State of Play
This basically. I guess they had not yet got the Go Ahead by Mm? Still, off by 3 days is weird.

Also, very excited about the game, but the beta told me that I just don't have the time I used to have to fiddle with creation tools, so I'd better leave a spot for creators in the EA.

Looking forward to the full release, hopefully later this year :)

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it is going to be very limited, they probably did not want to put a spotlight on it in the state of play event. Also maybe the stream itself was done a couple of months ago like someone mentioned above.

Also do you get the full version when the game officially launches is my question.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it is going to be very limited, they probably did not want to put a spotlight on it in the state of play event. Also maybe the stream itself was done a couple of months ago like someone mentioned above.

Also do you get the full version when the game officially launches is my question.
its part of their FAQ but EA will convert to Full Game when it gets released.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Yes you will have full version

Is there a cap to Early Access? Is there a chance I won't get in?
Dreams Early Access is limited yes, but it's a big limit.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-starts-on-16th-april/

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
This is the full game. Once that launches this turns into that for everyone that purchased it with no additional costs. So there's nothing tonedeaf about it. The final game is unlikely to be $30, so EA people are getting a really good deal on it.
I know it's the full game. Only a limited amount of people are allowed to buy it.

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
Definitely going to be checking the store like crazy come the 16th. The chance to get underway with creation that much sooner is all I needed to hear.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Why not just put the game out? why early and not a beta if they unsure?

Their big story mode + VR are not ready yet (Maybe they will add some tools and/or templates for full release)

And another reason, this early access would allow to bring A LOT of contents available day one when the full version will release