• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
MM just released a small patch: https://indreams.me/docs/updates

v1.02
RELEASED 7 MAY 2019

What's New?
  • Level Cap - Increased Dreamer Level cap to 200.
Other Improvements
  • Removed country flags displayed in front of Localised Tags.
  • Minor crash/stability fixes.
  • Temporarily disabled support for OSC.
    • We intend to re-enable support for this feature down the line, but more work is required.

There's people who's already lvl 100? WTF?

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I would love that

So about the collision, something is off or at least weird.
There are different things and it's not clear. The model, if i check the different part, has collision deactivated ok.
But when you check the puppet, there is a collision collider tab, which lets you change the shape and size of the hit box (like i wanted exactly!) except.. in my case, it's a small cylinder that is cleaaaarly smaller than the robot head. YET when i approach my red obstacle, i die even before there is a contact with the round face of the robot and the obstacle, maybe at 5 pixel close or something. WHY ??
Or is the problem with the obstacle model? You can't check the collision of that..

Made a drawing!

SchemaJump.jpg

Update : found somewhat of a fix anyway.
As i couldn't make the small collider of the robot works, i played with the obstacle. What i did:
_Cloned the model of the red rock in its group. Removed logic and collision from this one. Made the actual model, with collision and logic smaller by half. You now have a fake model that is normal size and the actual killing model smaller inside,which gives you a little margin so you can even touch it slightly and not die!

In my project I seperated collision and art models. So the player model is surrounded by a shape that is invisible but can collide and the same with the environment. It's a bit old school to do it this way, but in my case it makes controlling and navigating the terrain a whole lot smoother

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Well, the game has been available for what, ten weeks or so now, between the beta and the early access? Even then it is quite an impressive feat, I'm in the mid 40s I think having been part of the second wave of the beta.

If people level up on the closed beta, then yes you're right. It makes sense then

It goes up way quick very early on.

I am still level 17 or something. Tho, I just find out that there are like some challenges that give you XP lol

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
In my project I seperated collision and art models. So the player model is surrounded by a shape that is invisible but can collide and the same with the environment. It's a bit old school to do it this way, but in my case it makes controlling and navigating the terrain a whole lot smoother

Seems like a the old school way is the way :)

Small update today i replaced some of the old red obstacles (but not all cause in some places it was less a problem).
Also i added a second version of the music with some percussion + some rain sound for the 2 levels under rain, cause it makes for a small variation and is less redondant.

Also i'm Lv31 but not sure what's the point of that level anyway..

Last edited:

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a the old school way is the way :)

Small update today i replaced some of the old red obstacles (but not all cause in some places it was less a problem).
Also i added a second version of the music with some percussion + some rain sound for the 2 levels under rain, cause it makes for a small variation and is less redondant.

Also i'm Lv31 but not sure what's the point of that level anyway..
It's for others to see who's prolific in each expertise.

In theory

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
It's for others to see who's prolific in each expertise.

In theory

Yeah but that seems kinda random.. I mean sure they gave me graphic design but honestly i'm doing way more level design for now.

Finishing the 6th level. It's real real hard.. I think.. I think it should be the last one of that world and it's getting difficult to create really different levels. The 4th, 5th and 6th ones are pretty unique and marking. I think it's enough for a world! i don't know..

That's the thing with pacing difficulty progression it's an art! You have to avoid to progress too fast or you're quickly peaking. But the thing is i don't like to make similar stuff so i'm trying to find new stuff for each level, so 6 is already pretty much.

Last edited:

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but that seems kinda random.. I mean sure they gave me graphic design but honestly i'm doing way more level design for now.

I don't know how their algorithm works, but I'm assuming anything involving sculpting/placing items in the scene counts toward "Art" and dealing with logic counts toward "Design". So while level design does seem like it's more design-oriented, if you're not adding much logic to it it will skew more towards Art.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I don't know how their algorithm works, but I'm assuming anything involving sculpting/placing items in the scene counts toward "Art" and dealing with logic counts toward "Design". So while level design does seem like it's more design-oriented, if you're not adding much logic to it it will skew more towards Art.

Yeah that makes sense

Aaand Level 6 online! Last one of this world! Now i have to find what's next cause i have no clue :p

Last edited:

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having some problems rigging up my puppet and doing keyframe animations.

I've connected my puppet's leg to the torso section using a ball joint. I can grab the leg and move it around and it all works as expected. As soon as I start recording the keyframe the leg seems to be fixed in place no matter how hard i pull on it. I switch keyframe recording off, and the leg is now movable again.

What is more bizarre is that the arms work fine, and i connected them in the same manner as far as i can tell. I've also tried deleting and redoing the ball joints on the legs, and still no dice.

Has anyone experienced this?

George c

Dec 1, 2017
Just a heads up, got a notice in-game from Mm that said they've disabled OSC temporarily (it needs more work, before going back in.) so I'm guessing midi is out of the picture for now.

uggghh At least I got one night with it, I actually got 1 song in and pretty much done, thankfully. With that when I was working on adding Chopins "Raindrop" Prelude I noticed that the soft piano sounds like trash on the lower keys, so I guess I will try to get a nice Piano interments in Dreams in the mean time. Seems like there is an endless amount of things to do lol

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having some problems rigging up my puppet and doing keyframe animations.

I've connected my puppet's leg to the torso section using a ball joint. I can grab the leg and move it around and it all works as expected. As soon as I start recording the keyframe the leg seems to be fixed in place no matter how hard i pull on it. I switch keyframe recording off, and the leg is now movable again.

What is more bizarre is that the arms work fine, and i connected them in the same manner as far as i can tell. I've also tried deleting and redoing the ball joints on the legs, and still no dice.

Has anyone experienced this?
Check if other parts of the leg are animated (i.e. highlighted with a hash pattern. De-animate them if they are and try again.

Jun 26, 2018
Oh wow, this morning my PlayStation 1 startup dream made became the number 1 most thumbed up dream in the story category, first time I've ever uploaded anything this well liked.

It would never be able to compete with the heavies in the other categories, they're pretty much locked in, but it doesn't seem like story category is all that popular just yet.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Took me way too fucking long, but I gotta say I'm pretty proud of the tech I built to put down and pick up objects. Only works with one thing right now but should be scalable enough to expand to other objects.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Got the game last night and managed to make myself in under 24 hours. I'm proud! XD
giphy.gif
Took me way too fucking long, but I gotta say I'm pretty proud of the tech I built to put down and pick up objects. Only works with one thing right now but should be scalable enough to expand to other objects.

Dayim, both of these are so impressive!

Are either of you planning on making them remixable?

What was the logic like for doing the pickups?

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Anyone know what's the minimum duration you can set for a keyframe on a timeline, and the minimum duration for gaps between keyframes on a timeline? I'm trying to animate something like rapid eye blinking, and I can't get the gaps between keyframes small enough. I tried turning up the timeline playback speed all the way but it's still not as fast as I want. Any ideas?

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know what's the minimum duration you can set for a keyframe on a timeline, and the minimum duration for gaps between keyframes on a timeline? I'm trying to animate something like rapid eye blinking, and I can't get the gaps between keyframes small enough. I tried turning up the timeline playback speed all the way but it's still not as fast as I want. Any ideas?

If what you're trying isn't working, I'd suggest not using a timeline. A basic approach which might blink too quickly would be to wire a timer into the power socket of a freestanding keyframe. Shouldn't be too hard to get the ratio of open-to-close that you desire :)

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
If what you're trying isn't working, I'd suggest not using a timeline. A basic approach which might blink too quickly would be to wire a timer into the power socket of a freestanding keyframe. Shouldn't be too hard to get the ratio of open-to-close that you desire :)

That's a good idea, I'll try that. Thanks :) What about a situation where you want to blend between two keyframes with a very short gap between them? I think it's only possible to blend between keyframes on a timeline, but I may have that wrong.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
That's a good idea, I'll try that. Thanks :) What about a situation where you want to blend between two keyframes with a very short gap between them? I think it's only possible to blend between keyframes on a timeline, but I may have that wrong.

The smoothing between more than two keyframes is timeline specific I think, but between two should work with the right tweaker settings. Not quite sure what settings will do the trick, but pretty confident it is doable.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Dayim, both of these are so impressive!

Are either of you planning on making them remixable?

What was the logic like for doing the pickups?

Damn, I thought it was remixable. Ill try to make it so tonight. Since you cant transfer animations the entire rig will be the remixable thing, and you'll have to take off what you don't want piece by piece.

Logic was honestly hard as hell, took me two days to figure it out and get it looking nice. Had to learn how to use emitters which was it's own brand of annoying.

The code boils down to two states: when you can place an item, and when it's already placed and you can pick it up. The rig has to know which state it's in, and getting that to work right was the biggest challenge.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
This guy has a lot of stuff in this one scene.. well made

At least that shows you the thermo can be tamed!

Added some feedback when running with a cute little fire trail behind the robot's ass.

I'm worried about the 1-6. Not sure people have access to it, i didn't see any record yet. Yesterday the connection (always that shitty dream mode scene connection being random) worked but i tried today and it wasn't working.. I randomly changed the port as usual and it worked again.. Tested again and it seems to work.. They have to do something for those things..

Other than that i have been prototyping some stuff to find a cool little twist for the 2nd world, like some sort of contextual control change but i didn't find anything good yet.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
its funny to me that the FPS puppet made by MM has fingers but the regular puppets dont

it makes sense that the FPS one would have fingers but it wouldnt hurt to have them on the regular one too

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
For something simple that occurs regularly like this, I'd use a signal generator powering your keyframe instead

Oct 28, 2017
Can anyone help me out?

My brother is currently sat here playing "Lost Worlds" I think it's called. The platformer with the monkey (very good it is too). Every time he collects a puzzle piece a bit of music kicks in. I'm adamant the music is from LittleBigPlanet but he says it's not. I've been going through soundtracks trying to find it but can't.

Any one have any idea what it is?

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
heres a teaser of Demon's Penance

from the creator of The Book of Dragon

also some powerpuff girls stuff.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Rigging up a character with a skeleton that deviates from the humanoid puppet is so hard!

I think I finally isolated the issues I was having...

It was a pretty frustrating two-hour session before I finally got the limbs of my character to be hooked up and key-frameable as I was going around in circles for ages. There were a couple of separate roadblocks that were really difficult to diagnose, and they either caused the limbs to be immovable whilst keyframing (but not during regular edit mode), or they caused the limbs to flail wildly for an inexplicable reason.

I think that there were a few issues at play. The main issue that I think was occurring was that I was attempting to make a custom animation without disconnecting all the skeleton bones (which i believe are just used for procedural animation?), and so there was some sort of conflict occurring that causes weird behavior.

The skeleton part in particular was really annoying to muddle through. Nearly tore my hair out when i duplicated a leg, and then immediately went to keyframe both the legs, but only one of them would move. The weird UI in the skeleton tab of the puppet tweak menu also didn't help - Some bones would light up when hooked up but others wouldn't - I still have no idea how this really works.

I hope that the next update includes a masterclass on the topic of creating characters. The current character-customization tutorial is great if you want to give the standard puppet a hat or a jacket, but doesn't help much with making an original character that deviates even mildly from the standard e.g. if you shorten the deluxe puppet's legs a tad and the puppet will no longer animate.

Glad that this is all out of the way though, as i can move on to the fun part :D

Status
Not open for further replies.