• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Controller Preference

• Only used DS4

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • Only used Move

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Used both, prefer DS4

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Used both, prefer Move

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Used both, like them equally

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Mine keeps saying, "We've encountered an error while processing your order." Is this common? I don't see anybody on this page saying it.

Edit: nevermind, my payment method was expired. I don't know why it didn't tell me that in the first place.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Thanks for the OT. Been so long since I've been this hyped about a game, and im not even that creative. Have it bought and will be learning starting thursday. My 6 year old Daughter is really excited after explaining the concept. Great job Media Molecule and Sony

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Yes, I got it! So hyped to mess with this after work with my daughter! I remember playing LBP for the first time and Tearaway for the first time, cool stuff.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Time to get back to rendering models and puppets of weird shit my 7 year old nephew draws. Good to have this back on my console.

Feels like this dropped out of nowhere. I thought this was an opt-in thing.
I'll take it.

When they were first mentioning the Early Access model, Sony sent out an email with language that seemed to suggest on its face that a person ought to register/sign-up in order to gain access to the Dreams EA, particularly when coupled with the note attached saying Early Access would have a "limited number of spaces available". Obviously reading between the lines you were able to figure out that it would in fact be open to all, and just have the number of purchasable copies capped, but someone just following Dreams casually could easily have missed that. It was all pretty clever marketing and a smart way to capitalize on all the buzz the Creator Beta had riled up.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
So random question: Is this gonna be unbuyable after a certain number of people buy it? If so, I wonder how long this'll be buyable until

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought it guys, mainly to support this herculean ambition from Media Molecule. Looking for to checking it out in the evening.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
If there's literally anyone I'm confident will do something incredible, it's you, lol.
Thx but it's not like i'm a 3d artist you know :p

So i didn't try the editor at all but i played with the demos.

Something i'm really worried about. Let's face it, most of this, and that counts MM games to, has terrible control in general.. Like, super sensitive 3d control where it's just difficult to go in a straight line or unprecise jump.. My fear is that it comes from the way it's done in the tool, i hope not, and i hope you don't have to struggle like crazy to have something that controls comfortably. Or it'll be LBP all over again.

For exemple, take that 2d shooter, it's allll loose, with a TONE of inertia... I wonder if that's just guys at MM who loves this kind of control or if it's the pfysical aspect of the engine that gives that..

But yeah strong LBP vibes here and that's not good.

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I've messed around for it for a few hours now and I really like it so far. It's fun going through levels and continually finding stuff that I didn't realize was possible. I haven't messed with making my own game yet but I've been using the music tools and they're pretty great.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I am now a proud owner of Media Molecule's Dreams! Can't wait to explore the early access

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
So random question: Is this gonna be unbuyable after a certain number of people buy it? If so, I wonder how long this'll be buyable until
They have said the number of available copies is big, but if you are interested I would say buy it now, even if you only intend to play other's creations. Couple of days from now it could be sold out...

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Before I dip, and buy, quick question. Can we play other creations from other users in Early Access?

Pretty sure, yeah:

Make Games, Music, Movies, Art and more in an ever-expanding universe of creativity!

With Early Access get hands-on with the powerful Dreams creator tools ahead of the full game launch.

Learn from a series of in-depth tutorials and masterclass videos.

Remix arcade content into your own creations – and play a host of inventive mini-games that will spark your imagination.

Share your ideas with the online community and collaborate with other creators.

They have said the number of available copies is big, but if you are interested I would say buy it now, even if you only intend to play other's creations. Couple of days from now it could be sold out...

Already did!

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
Bought.

Probably more so to support MM but I'm sure I'll have a good play around over the Easter break.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Before I dip, and buy, quick question. Can we play other creations from other users in Early Access?
It is basically full game. Only features missing are essentially VR and campaign (and whatever improvements they make along the way before full release). As such you should be able to find and play anything that is published by anyone.

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
Tried buying it from my PC at work. It didn't take my CVV. Deleted my payment methods and readded my card. Still didn't take my CVV. Couldn't try another card because I had too many failed attempts, API was rejecting all requests. I can't buy anything on my account for 24 hours.

Made another account and used my other card. Glad it was still available at that point. Didn't show up while searching.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Sony keeps asking me to put in my credit card CVV. wont accept it. wtf.

Yep I had the same problem with my cards and PayPal too, on both the Mobile App and through the website (I was at work) Never have that issue when using the PS4 though. I guess the web version of PSN has a bug or something.

I just got a £25 Top Up Code from GAME and redeemed the code, that worked no problem.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Thx but it's not like i'm a 3d artist you know :p

So i didn't try the editor at all but i played with the demos.

Something i'm really worried about. Let's face it, most of this, and that counts MM games to, has terrible control in general.. Like, super sensitive 3d control where it's just difficult to go in a straight line or unprecise jump.. My fear is that it comes from the way it's done in the tool, i hope not, and i hope you don't have to struggle like crazy to have something that controls comfortably. Or it'll be LBP all over again.
Search for Captain Shadow. It's a project Steve_big_guns was working on that had fantastic controls.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
All my stuff from the beta was saved, HYPE! Thought for sure the Star Wars stuff would be gone lol.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a creative person or really have time to create, but the stuff I've seen created in dreams had really impressed me. Is this worth getting just to play other people's stuff?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
i hope they take us through some of the big asks from the beta in future streams - and take their time doing it.

Eg get the guys that made shadow, sprout, and panis pot and get them to go slowly through setting up characters that clearly aren't using the stock puppet, or in the case of panis pot just setting up a rich environment with lots of interactive elements

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not a creative person or really have time to create, but the stuff I've seen created in dreams had really impressed me. Is this worth getting just to play other people's stuff?
imo yes ! I'm just like you and people's creations are awesome ! All creations made during the beta and that have been saved (I guess almost all of them) are in the early access so you have already a lot of contents

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I was able to just start the intro before rushing to work, but I gotta say. MM has a way to always keep me smiling in their intros, they're just so full of joy

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
What is the upgrade path from early access to full release?

If i jump in now, what do i need to pay to get the finished product when it's fully gone gold?

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Struggled the whole day, bought it a few minutes ago. I had fun in the beta, but some problems with sculpting. Still have an idea in my mind that I think is good and this time Ill take more time and try to do better.

Is there a Nda this time? Would surprise me.

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
What is the upgrade path from early access to full release?

If i jump in now, what do i need to pay to get the finished product when it's fully gone gold?

From the PlayStation Blog Q&A:
Q: If I buy Dreams Early Access, does that mean I get access to the full version of the game when it's released, without paying any extra/twice?
A: Early Access is intended for Creators who will participate and contribute to Dreams Early Access, and in return, will have the full version of Dreams upon release.

Full article: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-starts-on-16th-april/

Tawantabe

Mar 20, 2019
What a precious opening. Dualshock controls better than i had hoped for, excited to get the moves.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
Yes. I've got it. Quickly went to Best Buy on my way to a site visit. Picked up $40 of PS store gift cards and added it through the PS4 App.

So happy. Never got access to the Beta despite signing up to the second wave on day one. Going to mainly focus on music creation.

Status
Not open for further replies.