• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Rather candid video by Poke. So twitch didn't offer the most money (I assume YT, FB or Mixer did), but she didn't take it. She said the difference to twitch was greater than what's in her bank account, so probably a significant amount, but likely not even close enough to retire off of it, which makes sense as she is not as big of a name as Ninja and Shroud are. And if you have a good chance to make more on twitch over the next few years that's probably safer than flat out tanking your community. To do that it needs to be fuck you amounts of money

OP
OP
Parenegade

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Rather candid video by Poke. So twitch didn't offer the most money (I assume YT, FB or Mixer did), but she didn't take it. She said the difference to twitch was greater than what's in her bank account, so probably a significant amount, but likely not even close enough to retire off of it, which makes sense as she is not as big of a name as Ninja and Shroud are. And if you have a good chance to make more on twitch over the next few years that's probably safer than flat out tanking your community. To do that it needs to be fuck you amounts of money

This was a fantastic video and if you want to understand the process these streamers are going through this is the watch.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how so many people can like this dude, he's a douche and his real personality probably isn't too far off considering his... "exploits" in the past.

Even worse is he's probably a role model for many young, easily influencable kids.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Mixer is like Windows Phone? What?

How is Mixer terrible? Isn't it technically better than Twitch? Is it just a platform preference? What legitimate issues does Mixer have?

Actually I just went there and I dont know if they changed it but the layout seems decent now.

The dark background though...just copy twitch and go white.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
It is bad that I found the video funny at times? Like when the people laugh at the guy trying to make streaming like super serious shit. Do I need to give up my membership from this forum or something?

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
It is bad that I found the video funny at times? Like when the people laugh at the guy trying to make streaming like super serious shit. Do I need to give up my membership from this forum or something?
I actually enjoy the character and really respect what he's doing with streaming. As far as I know, no one else is trying anything similar to this weird thing where he plays a character, is only seen on digital sets in a fake world, and the production quality is super high. He's gotta have a full production team, and with the money these streamers can make, I like that he's sharing it with a talented team and really trying to do new things, other than just sit around playing games with flashy overlays.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How do streamers not look like death playing videogames so much, particularly the eyes?

OP
OP
Parenegade

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think he wears shades?

Looks pretty normal under the shades.

guy_beahm_dr_disrespect_1.jpg

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Aw that's so heartwarming, good to know that domestic abuse is only for a little while.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Wow mixer stealing content creators has been a blessing for the other streamers who re-signed with twitch.

get shit load of money and continue doing what u already do lol

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
He plays videogames dressed like "synthwave 80s guy", and his schtick is acting arrogant about how good he is at them, when he isn't throwing tantrums.

This is worth millions of dollars.

Like, I find the guy intermittently amusing when some of his clips enter my consciousness of YouTube or whatever, but it boggles my mind that generations of kids are growing up on this.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for grandpas's nap.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
even after blocking him i still see his streams show up on my sidebar for recommendations and twitch's front page

i know the whole douchey toxic masculinity shtick is a hit but it would be nice seeing the spotlight elsewhere

EscoBlades

Banned
May 31, 2019
Toronto
Wow mixer stealing content creators has been a blessing for the other streamers who re-signed with twitch.

get shit load of money and continue doing what u already do lol

If anything it was a natural, inevitable evolution of content creation. The big paydays will pave the way for more creative brand deals.
Personally, i think the next big thing will be paid, professional moderators for content creators, on these platforms, assuming that isn't a thing growing in popularity already (most mods are volunteer as far as I know)

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California

Part of her video got me to thinking...rather than paying big-name streamers to ditch other platforms, why don't Google and Microsoft seek out lesser-known talent and hire them full-time as streamers? I understand that big-name streamers probably make more than enough money to take streaming on as their full-time jobs, but there's so much talent out there that maybe can't commit as much to a heavy streaming schedule because they still need to retain a day job. Surely this approach would cost a lot less money while also seeming a lot more genuine.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
His whole schtick feels like he's trying to imitate Farva from super troopers. Who'd wanna be Farva? He sucks

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming another platform is not paying like 5x the amount that Twitch is for a single streamer (say 20 vs 5 million or whatever) and the amounts are closer but Twitch is paying less, it probably still makes sense to stay with Twitch since the larger audience will get your more donations and subs and presumably ad revenue and sponsorship deals.

The fact that the platform is more popular also just leads to more 'mindshare' / guerrilla advertising on reddit livestreamfails or whatever, etc. which can just set you up for a bigger deal that isn't streaming related.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck does the two time mean? Is it a toilet reference?