• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if Twitch said "no thank you" when Ninja asked for a new partnership when his Mixer deal expires. His (aswell as Fortnite's) popularity is definitely on the down slope. Of course MS will probably offer him another deal in order to promote the new Xbox aswell as the new Halo.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
Ninjas contract was only two years???

But yeah, back when it happened, I was sure he'd done the math. These guys aren't (all) dumb. They can do a simple calculation, $ lost by not being on Twitch vs what MS is paying me. If the latter is greater, it's a good deal.

I'm assuming it's 2 years. I think it was in the news as multi-year, so I'm making an assumption. It could be longer, but i kinda doubt it.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
nice, love the entreteriment value on his streamings, he is not the best player or person, but definitely a great character

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twitch is the best passively consumable entertainment available. You couldn't make me watch a show on Netflix or Amazon if my life depended on it, but Twitch (or Youtube) always runs on my 2nd screen. Best shit ever. I don't watch the Doc though.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if Twitch said "no thank you" when Ninja asked for a new partnership when his Mixer deal expires. His (aswell as Fortnite's) popularity is definitely on the down slope. Of course MS will probably offer him another deal in order to promote the new Xbox aswell as the new Halo.
You're an idiot if you think they wouldn't take Ninja back lol. I know people around here get obsessed with platform wars and spite but businesses care about money and Ninja would absolutely get his audience back if he returned to twitch.

next you'll tell me they'll spitefully turn shroud away too. lol.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
bathroom.png

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
www.youtube.com

Gaming

YouTube's gaming channel, featuring news, reviews, playthroughs, and more. This channel was generated automatically by YouTube's video discovery system.
Interesting, I didn't think Youtube was already this big in the game streaming department.

That vid was pretty good. He has also nice production values for "just a streamer"
People, especially here, have no idea the amount of work which is needed for this.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Twitch would definitely want Ninja on their platform.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The alternative right now seems to be mixer, which by the sounds of it is a pretty dead service and the staff are down to a skeleton crew...so yeah, probably a wise choice.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Things seem to be working out for him. I just checked out of curiosity and there's more than 50k people watching him right now.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Wasn't he trolling around trying to get a deal with Mixer a few months ago after the Ninja and Shroud deals? Must've worked out for him

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have the time or interest to actually watch people stream live, nor do I think people should be giving any streamer such large amounts of money. Good for him though.

His production values are top notch. I wish more streamers would be a character, it seems like he's the only one. I guess it's a hard line to walk between trying too hard and cringe.

Related I guess

www.theverge.com

Dr Disrespect is the villain who could change the future of TV

Live-streaming’s biggest personality talks contracts, Kobe, and more.

Reposting this, it's 100% worth a read.

Sounds like this video got delayed/edited big time, as the original was a normal chopper crashing after he smashes out the top. Kobe's tragic death changed that.

mils

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, this fucking guy being "the face of twitch" is some embarrassing shit.

Watership

Oct 27, 2017
because it's crap like windows phone. i dont know why ms pushes these crap products.

make a good product, then push it.

oh well, guess they're too busy rolling in money.
Mixer is like Windows Phone? What?

How is Mixer terrible? Isn't it technically better than Twitch? Is it just a platform preference? What legitimate issues does Mixer have?

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're an idiot if you think they wouldn't take Ninja back lol. I know people around here get obsessed with platform wars and spite but businesses care about money and Ninja would absolutely get his audience back if he returned to twitch.

next you'll tell me they'll spitefully turn shroud away too. lol.

Thanks for the personal insult.

Ninja's rise to fame was directly tied to a single game and the launch of Twitch Prime. The perfect storm.

Shroud got crazy views and subscribers playing multiple games and genres.

Ninja had below 15k average viewers and sub 15k subscribers pre Mixer. Shroud had 50k viewers on average and 40k subscribers pre Mixer.

Apples to oranges.

May 17, 2018
As a platform Mixer arguably is better than twitch for what it offers it streamers, the issue is Twitch is streaming there is no other option to most people.

We're OT here, and, I know there are tons of factors as to why Mixer is struggling, but, I'd bet money that one of the top reasons was changing it's name from Beam to Mixer. Beam was such a good name, and, Mixer is just...why?