• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
They couldn't afford not to re-sign.
Seeing as the alternative (Mixer) is sinking fast.

Oct 25, 2017
So many Twitch streamers getting free money because there are some streamers going to Mixer, Youtube and Facebook.

Win-Win for everyone lol

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea he was under a contract with Twitch anyway. Just thought that was his preferred platform. Wonder how much money they give compared to Mixer?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
YouTube Gaming is supposed to be that big?

I don't even know how to access that platform on PS4 and Xbox One, lol.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I wonder how long until Ninja and Shroud are back. Twitch didn't die. The mass exodus didn't happen.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
As much as I don't like the guy, I appreciate the fact that he's sticking to his word and continuing with Twitch. Not sure what the papers look like behind the scenes, but regardless he's staying.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Pokimane and Doc made out like bandits, they got a bunch of extra money and they did it after seeing happened happened to Ninja and Shroud's channel. It would've been dumb for them to not resign at that point.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Congrats to him, he deserved it.

He built his channel with his skills, wild presentation, and few controversies [that were all in line with his comical, invasive and dominating on-screen personality], and now he is set and can continue working without worries.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I wonder how long until Ninja and Shroud are back. Twitch didn't die. The mass exodus didn't happen.

2 years - I think that's how long their contracts were.

I never thought Doc would leave twitch but I'm sure he got a nice payout for it. He's always been pushing production value on his stream even before he blew up - so fair play to him.

Oct 31, 2017
Oh good, they managed to keep the cheating POS who films in public restrooms
Probably offered him a bigger toilet than Mixer...

source.gif

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I thought the headline said resigns instead of re-signs

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
You just have to open the YouTube app and go to the Live category?
You can also stream your own gameplay directly to YouTube (or Twitch).

There is no live category. And I think, at least that was a problem in the past, don't know if it still is one, if I click on a channel I won't see any Livestreams there, only if I search the channel then the Livestream pops up. It's super underrepresented and hidden, it's basically non existent on consoles.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Dear god why is this guy popular. Am I that out of touch, or are most people totally fine with supporting assholes?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Cool. He's cool.

edit: i remember he did a rant about how tiny/uncompetitive/mistake mixer was back when ninja jumped. so this isnt a surprise.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Pokimane and Doc made out like bandits, they got a bunch of extra money and they did it after seeing happened happened to Ninja and Shroud's channel. It would've been dumb for them to not resign at that point.
Yup, the skill of knowing when to be patient in business, they probably would have gotten less during the summer when people were getting paid left and right.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
because it's crap like windows phone. i dont know why ms pushes these crap products.

make a good product, then push it.

oh well, guess they're too busy rolling in money.

As a platform Mixer arguably is better than twitch for what it offers it streamers, the issue is Twitch is streaming there is no other option to most people.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Literally wouldn't make any sense for him to leave in my opinion. I will say this, dude is a douche and has done some douche things, but production values and entertainment from him are top notch compared to others. I can't stand streaming but will watch this dude just to see his reactions.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017

I know that some streamers turned down money because they didn't want to lose the audience they cultivated, but that Mixer deal seems like the greatest thing ever. 2 years isn't that long to stream over there, and then make an event around returning to twitch when the contract expires. In the meantime you made a boatload of money.

Not a bad deal.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I know that some streamers turned down money because they didn't want to lose the audience they cultivated, but that Mixer deal seems like the greatest thing ever. 2 years isn't that long to stream over there, and then make an event around returning to twitch when the contract expires. In the meantime you made a boatload of money.

Not a bad deal.

Ninjas contract was only two years???

But yeah, back when it happened, I was sure he'd done the math. These guys aren't (all) dumb. They can do a simple calculation, $ lost by not being on Twitch vs what MS is paying me. If the latter is greater, it's a good deal.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone else think Dr. Disrespects's character is kind of...cringey?

I think everybody went through that phase of: discovering the character, being in on the joke, thinking it's awesome.

That said for me the games he plays havent interested me and I dont have any real reason to watch after the novelty of the character quickly wears off. Then again I dont casual watch twitch. I watch for Destiny or maybe if it's a super hot girl (and the latter can only hold my attention for a short time). Probably the closest I come to watching for the streamer not the game, occasionally is Maximilian, love that guy. Plus fighting games are by nature always mildly interesting to watch.