• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Yo... this is amazing.
Welcome to the cult of Muna

i need an anime of this

b5ec55b8b4890c9c7aec1b14aaf9229c.jpg

newchick2.jpg

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Numb

Oct 25, 2017

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There was a really cool little bit on the news around here not long ago that featured the first black comic artist for i think the New Yorker. She did amazing work, and it's wild to think she was the first black person to be in that position. I'll see if I can find the link, I can't even remember her name sadly but the pieces they showed on the news segment were great. Maybe it was on good morning America or a similar show.

Edit: Here she is! Liz Montague.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/you...oonist-speaks-diversity-art/story?id=68941786

Here's the Today Show segment:

https://www.today.com/video/meet-th...frican-american-female-cartoonist-78852677980

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Nice
Thought the watermark was enough

Well, ironically enough, I actually... had not seen it. I had to go on that tumblr archive, look for the art in there hoping they just reblogged it from the original artist, which they actually didn't, it was a repost, but they left a credit under with the artist's real name, so then I googled "Brittany Jackson art", found her website, and her actual artist nickname, then googled that nickname and finally found her SNS accounts, which I thought were absolutely worth the share. I always prefer to share artists' websites and SNS instead of sharing their arts being reposted through external conglomerate websites. Because my end goal was: to give her a follow.

But granted, I was a dumbdumb for not noticing that watermark in the first place, could have made my quest for her Insta much much quicker & easier than that.

Last edited:

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Well, ironically enough, I actually... had not seen it. I had to go on that tumblr archive, look for the art in there hoping they just reblogged it from the original artist, which they actually didn't, it was a repost, but they left a credit under with the artist's real name, so then I googled "Brittany Jackson art", found her website, and her actual artist nickname, then googled that nickname and finally found her SNS accounts, which I thought were absolutely worth the share. I always prefer to share artists' websites and SNS instead of sharing their arts being reposted through external conglomerate websites. Because my end goal was: to give her a follow.

But granted, I was a dumbdumb for not noticing that watermark in the first place, could have made my quest for her Insta much much quicker & easier than that
But you wouldn't have had a detective novel's worth of investigating adventure if you noticed :)

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I keep trying NOT to add follows so willy-nilly, but my god this thread is deeellivvverring💜😩

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
With all due respect, that is a horrible topic title even if it's a hastag. Considering all the bullshit, I came in expecting black artists to be arrested or worse by the police.

Complaints about the title and hashtag will be ignored
OP
OP
Urban Scholar

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
Edit 2 to the OP:

Complaints about the hashtag and thread title will be considered drive by posts. My thread title is explained in detail with in the OP.

If you wanna come in here and immediately assume this was a case of Black folks facing more injustice well what can I tell you.

Oh no wait, if you all gave a damn about marginalized people's humanity and worth this hashtag and thread wouldn't be needed.

Tdlr; stop complaining about the title and hashtag in this thread.

OP
OP
Urban Scholar

Urban Scholar

Oct 30, 2017
Florida
I guess I can promote my friend Seageart here! I think he posts more content on Instagram than Twitter. No idea how to link Instagram. XD

You can copy the link and insert to the media url tool we have in a post. Or just copy paste the link in the thread is fine too.

Yo... this is amazing.

I have a the print of the very Black and Fabulous royalty couple hanging on my wall from Muna. That's relationship and live goals lol.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This hashtag has come up at least once before, so I think it comes and goes. I'd love to see it just become a regular/permanent trend. :O

It 100% needs to be a permanent trend. I'm amazed I never came across this hashtag before. Like I posted on my Twitter, our contributions to the world shouldn't be limited to just BHM, and should be celebrated year round.

I feel weird plugging my own art, but if anyone wants to check me out, my art Instagram is @figboy.fundamentals, but I'm not a fan of their cropping/compression, so I post full size images on my Twitter (as well as tumblr): @StefanoTerry

This thread is amazing, and man, I have found so many new artists to follow! Thank you!

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
It 100% needs to be a permanent trend. I'm amazed I never came across this hashtag before. Like I posted on my Twitter, our contributions to the world shouldn't be limited to just BHM, and should be celebrated year round.

I feel weird plugging my own art, but if anyone wants to check me out, my art Instagram is @figboy.fundamentals, but I'm not a fan of their cropping/compression, so I post full size images on my Twitter (as well as tumblr): @StefanoTerry

This thread is amazing, and man, I have found so many new artists to follow! Thank you!
Hey, feel free to post some in here if you want. I'd love it if this thread stayed active, I've learned about tons of really awesome artists through this.

Deleted member 26909

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just want to shout out Brian Stelfreeze when he was drawing for Black Panther during Ta-Nehisi Coates run. I had a chance to meet him at a convention. He told me about how he chose to represent light and dark skin tones in Wakanda and royalty, and how it referenced apartheid, segregation and colour in American media. Really smart guy.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
I just want to shout out Brian Stelfreeze when he was drawing for Black Panther during Ta-Nehisi Coates run. I had a chance to meet him at a convention. He told me about how he chose to represent light and dark skin tones in Wakanda and royalty, and how it referenced apartheid, segregation and colour in American media. Really smart guy.

Brian has been an absolute god in my eyes for decades.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ER058YTUYAA8xko

twitter.com

Thomas Zenteno on Twitter

“Hey y'all I'm a visdev artist lining in LA. I like storytelling through environments! Much❤️ #drawingwhileblack”

ERzTNmMU8AIlnpF

twitter.com

Odera Igbokwe on Twitter

“Happy #drawingwhileblack 2020! My name is Odera and I love exploring fantasy through the lens of mythology, fashion, healing rifts in diaspora, and magical girl transformation realness ✨ Learn more about me at https://t.co/Mi9VooaM6X Or follow me on IG @ Odyism”

ERzVRIUUYAAdQQC

twitter.com

Odera Igbokwe on Twitter

“When I’m not creating client work, I am creating personal work in traditional media that explores and alchemizes Nigerian and afro-diasporic deities, orishas, and sacred traditions. They are the centerpiece of my patreon at https://t.co/FcklZf5bIv #drawingwhileblack #odera”

ER0WAB9UEAAQx8g

twitter.com

Okolo Oliver on Twitter

“I recreated the famous painting “Girl with the pearl earring” into a black woman in celebration of the #BlackHistoryMonth Art is the only way I know to speak and air my opinion about everything. #drawingwhileblack”

Motherfucking unreal. The whole thread is aesthetics central.

Holy shit I hate using twitter on desktop.

Last edited:

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
I picked up a couple of amazing artists to follow thanks to this thread. One of my personal favorite artists to follow is:

And this is some of my stuff:

Jun 1, 2019
Didn't see this thread earlier so I'mma bump it with some of my work, though a lot of the stuff posted in here has me ready to hit the drawing board to try and level up some. Some of the pieces I've seen on twitter are incredible.

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up a couple of amazing artists to follow thanks to this thread. One of my personal favorite artists to follow is:

And this is some of my stuff:

Didn't see this thread earlier so I'mma bump it with some of my work, though a lot of the stuff posted in here has me ready to hit the drawing board to try and level up some. Some of the pieces I've seen on twitter are incredible.

Wow, you're both super talented. :o