• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win?

• King Push

Votes: 782 63.2%
  • 6 God

Votes: 172 13.9%
  • OVO Sweatshop

Votes: 123 9.9%
  • EGHCK!

Votes: 160 12.9%

• Total voters

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm not the type of nigga that'll type to niggas"

Damn...

It's okay. His friend is from Sudan.

I still ain't seen a single Ye stan defend that boy going full MAGA while this thread is FULL of dudes putting on the cape for Aubrey in blackface.

I use to love Kanye. Honestly, that MAGA shit was inexcusable.

But somehow now Pusha's stock drops because he's been the head of GOOD music before Kanye imploded? Everything he's done before that shouldn't matter?

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/pusha-t-hillary-clinton-c-v-r.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...usha-t-tim-kaine-hillary-clinton-campaign/amp

Man went out, spoke to Obama about issues. Campaigned for Clinton and Kaine. Went out and talked to voters. That doesn't matter?

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Fuck man

That moment of realization when Adonis is one day fully grown and sees that his father chose to issue a PR statement addressing the images we already knew claiming "art" instead of addressing his own son.

;_;

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Drake's the first black man I've seen do black face. If you feel you're black (and if you know you're black) you wouldn't do that shit. Nobody is excused from that. Nobody.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
You think he just woke up and decided to do black face for kicks? Did his make up and got a photographer just to be like fuck black people?

I mean there's a difference there.

I dunno why he did it, I know why he SAID he did it and it was for some campaign but what campaign? Like, we're just taking the words on faith and going "yup, good enough", "makes sense".

Meanwhile there's a pic of Drake and this woman around the time her child was conceived and it's "there's no proof beyond her words".

You can say the reason she called out Drake is for a check but I can also say the reason Drake talks about this campaign is to not get skewered by mass media. Both could be true, both could be false, one could be true. But you shouldn't readily accept one person's story and dismiss another's just because you like their music.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sophie low key has some of the best taste in dehh though if you look at their kanye mm video.
I still ain't seen a single Ye stan defend that boy going full MAGA while this thread is FULL of dudes putting on the cape for Aubrey in blackface.
Ye stans went from brushing his actions off as trolling/mental health to calling it performance art, they're not any better LOL.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
No self respecting black man does black face. Its just that simple

Drake not addressing his son in that note is par for the course on his fatherhood

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta update the title with (Drake responds...with a statement).

Can't believe mans did the iOS Notes screenshot.
giphy.gif

I didn't even think the Blackface thing was a big deal, I assumed there was a deeper meaning behind it, similar to when Mos did it. Drake's reasoning/execution isn't as well thought out as Mos's but whatever—it's a nothing burger to me.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't let this Pusha and Drake beef distract you from the fact that a KTT member is deadass in Wyoming rn trying to infiltrate the listening party for Kanye's new album.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How have people not realized it. Pusha literally mentioned his identity issues in the diss song. Drake himself has said growing up that he felt out of place. He was too black for his white friends but not black enough for his black friends.
Pusha was talking about Drake's racial identity issues, not the "a lot of people" don't think Drake was Black claim that you made.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the context. Plenty of Black people have done it as a statement, satire, social/racial commentary.
Yeah that's the issue here because the thing is Drake's statement doesn't match up to how he was truly living. The guy never had any of the issues he claims he was having in order to do this. He's been good ever since he was a kid. Basically he made up false claims to cover himself.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
And those people are fucking morons

Logic already gets dragged for being biracial though. His whole rap persona is centered around this.
Logic gets dragged for being a cornball mostly and appealing to white people. He's like drake but drake isn't called logic and doesn't play this pretend smart BS.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
im usually ms woke on black issues but i dont see how drake (a black person who has always identified as black and who was always seen as black) doing blackface is harmful

i just find the whole situation embarrassing for him more than anything

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
"Stupid idea"

So black people cant recontextualization racist imagery for art? Or does Drake being half white change the rules somehow?

Sure they can. It's a tough pill to swallow and I'm sure there are people who aren't cool with the Story of OJ video. Difference is there's context there in the framework of a whole song, the title gives you a thematic idea of what Jay is getting at with the imagery (if you're familiar with OJ Simpson pre-trail). Jay had a whole no-nonsense album to back up those intentions. You can really try to acclimate people to it and they still might not like it.

This is Drake though. A guy who treated this like a skeleton in his closet and chose not to speak on the passion that drove this art whatsoever when he got a platform to barring a couple of lines, occasionally. Being mixed doesn't matter as far as being for the cause as if there haven't been a multitude of mixed activists.

I'm not going at you or anything but just trying to give you an idea of why people might not buy it, so to speak. I'm not mad like that either, I just feel he doesn't have the kind of clout for it and should have apologised instead.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
im usually ms woke on black issues but i dont see how drake (a black person who has always identified as black and who was always seen as black) doing blackface is harmful

Because it's about mixed race bullshit. The moment he does something questionable he a house nigga apparently.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
How have people not realized it. Pusha literally mentioned his identity issues in the diss song. Drake himself has said growing up that he felt out of place. He was too black for his white friends but not black enough for his black friends.
He might have identity issues but that's on him, people can't just say he ain't black because he's mixed. That's racist.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just take an L and say your boy got caught with his pants down, sheesh.

Scorpion's out in like 2 weeks, y'all will be fine.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Blackface for the sake of Blackface is "tap dancing for crackas snd sing Mammy".

collige

Oct 31, 2017

Yeah, like are people actually taking this pic as something that's actually some kind of indictment on Drake's character or something? Obviously, it's really, really stupid (and is perfect material to use for a rap beef), but dude obviously didn't roll out of being one day being a professional actor and decide to do a full on coon photoshoot for shits n giggles.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017

He did not say that during his interview on OVO. He said in Toronto it was all good

collige

Oct 31, 2017
There's a difference between addressing the black face photo and addressing his child. His family is a private thing and he doesn't owe anyone in the public an explanation.
Sure. He does, however, owe the public an actual response to the diss track unless he wants to just slither away from this with a big old L.

Oct 28, 2017
Common, below Drake lyrically? C'mon dude.
Yo, bro, what is this? Common, below Drake's lyrical level? C'mon man.

Be & LWFC >>>>>>>>>> anything drake has ever done
Common ain't below Drakes lyrical level. Popularity yeah. But not lyrically. Common was just in his feelings and Drake strategically chose to respond on a hit crew track.
As far as catalogs go, sure, Common is deep and methodical but his diss aimed at Drake was uninspired. That isn't Common's territory.

I don't really rate Common that high; I haven't really followed his career thoroughly, but I prefer Black Thought and Q-Tip as far as conscious rap goes.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between addressing the black face photo and addressing his child. His family is a private thing and he doesn't owe anyone in the public an explanation.

I actually agree with you on this. Addressing the blackface was needed. The son stuff I'd like to see him take it to a track but I get it if he decides not to.