• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who will win?

• King Push

Votes: 780 63.2%
  • 6 God

Votes: 172 13.9%
  • OVO Sweatshop

Votes: 123 10.0%
  • EGHCK!

Votes: 160 13.0%

• Total voters

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can tell this thread is filled with young ass posers. I can't believe anyone is gassing up that weak ass diss track by Pusha.

The black face pic stings more than the actual diss track and there's actually context as to why the pic even exist in the first place.

Is this rap beef or high school gossip
This. Lol. Most people don't even know push. He put out a decent beef track and all of a sudden he's their favourite rapper. Dudes almost retiring. He's gotta be 40 something.
Lord willin was one of my fav records in highschool. Shit was dope

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I expected Pusha to bring bars but instead he just went the exposure route and throwing personal low blows. It could give him the "win" but it's lazy. I feel like Pusha is using Drake mentioning his fiancee as an excuse to really go in rather than really being offended by it and that's a little corny especially trying to bring kids and his friend's health into it for just a punchline, but it's all theater and chess anyways so it's whatever.

I don't even know the full background of this beef so a lot of the context is probably lost on me but round 1 was just alright, I hope round 2 is better. The beats are pretty dope from some diss tracks though.
I mean, does that bolded even matter. "He started it, I finished it" is cool and all, but even if Drake hadn't said a word about Pusha's fiancee, why the hell should Pusha have felt the need to pull punches until some line gets crossed. Just throw haymakers at the start.

I doubt he'd have held back and he damn well shouldn't have.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Where was all this when Cudi had obvious mental issues and Drake still popped off at him?

Beef rap was the excuse since Cudi stepped in first? Ok then. Manz called out Ye', also mentally ill, and is Pusha's producer. Clapback warranted. It's messy like rugby. Know the game before you get involved.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Got people actually saying Pusha T's bars are trash?
These stans..
DQoae.gif

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
it's so odd listening to Hot 97.1/Power 105.1 talk about Drake getting this L then play Drake's God's Plan, Look Alive and, Nice for What repeatedly.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This. Lol. Most people don't even know push. He put out a decent beef track and all of a sudden he's their favourite rapper. Dudes almost retiring. He's gotta be 40 something.
Lord willin was one of my fav records in highschool. Shit was dope

hes 41 but yeah i cant imagine hes going to be rapping about slinging cocaine in his 50s lmao.

He may have another album in him and some features along the way, but hes head of good now, thats where he lands.

BillyMays

Banned
Mar 15, 2018
What are you talking about? Rap battles started as just "I'm doper than you" and baseless insults. It evolved into personal dirt and rumors during beef battles in the 90's. Nothing about Pusha's angle is aimed at or in the wheel house of young anyone. New rappers been off the beef and battle shit for awhile now and their fanbase loves the party/drugs/drinking/sex angle they use. It's the older heads and the battle rap fans that understand and are ok with personals more than anything else.

Pusha T and fans proclaim him a
lyricist right ? That's one the weakest tracks from a so called lyricist I've ever heard.

None of bars where nice

Shit was as garbage as watching cannabis Battle rap off a notepad.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Where was all this when Cudi had obvious mental issues and Drake still popped off at him?

Beef rap was the excuse since eCudi stepped in first? Ok then. Manz called out Ye', also mentally ill, and is Pusha's producer. Flapjack warranted. It's messy like rugby. Know the game before you get involved.

I'm still of the impression that he never called out Kanye. He said "I wrote for Kanye, so what do you think of him? That makes you a bit of a hypocrite. I just left Wyoming writing stuff for you guys" Kanye's already acknowledged that Drake helped him on those tracks.

He didn't go after Kanye, no one's really gone after Kanye... yet

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I really have to wonder why Pusha went with the Story of OJ beat (apart it probably being free). It's not really hype, and doesn't really work on a meta level either since Drake has never really been accused of trying to escape blackness the way OJ was.

Now if this was a freestyle over Informer, that would be another story entirely.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really have to wonder why Pusha went with the Story of OJ beat (apart it probably being free). It's not really hype, and doesn't really work on a meta level either since Drake has never really been accused of trying to escape blackness the way OJ was.

Now if this was a freestyle over Informer, that would be another story entirely.
Fuck lol. I need this bad.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

Because of the blackface pic.

AhC1dNk.png

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want more rappers to get involved in this, go full civil war type shit. And then it will actually be entertaining. Because let's keep this 100. Drake is only going to lose this in the eyes of certain people who have been dying inside waiting to see him get clowned. But he's still going to win because he's Drake. If this was Kendrick, things might be different.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine being a Drake stan and calling this trash

Imagine the conviction that would take smdh

Apr 16, 2018

Because he's been calling Drake a coon, hence bars from Infared, the photos, and The Story of OJ beat going "my skin is black..."

He really couldn't have picked a more fitting beat.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
He came with multisyllabic lines but because he's not comparing himself to shit or a toilet he's not a lyricist?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one will ever attack Kendrick, never.

Ya'll acting like throwing tomatoes at Drake is some huge high bar. Oh wow, he went after the R&B singing..-

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Because of the blackface pic.

AhC1dNk.png
Yeah but that's the exact opposite of what OJ was. OJ was a black dude that tried to hard to get out of his race socially while Drake generally tries too hard to have street cred.

He really couldn't have picked a more fitting beat.
I just suggested one: a Drake diss over Informer would be absolutely hilarious especially considering that the last track from Drake was called "Duppy"

a916

Oct 25, 2017
No one will ever attack Kendrick, never.

Ya'll acting like throwing tomatoes at Drake is some huge high bar. Oh wow, he went after the R&B rapping...-

Has anyone gone after Kendrick? For real I'm asking... because he's the name that always get's thrown around as "you don't want none"

Apr 16, 2018
Imagine being a Drake stan and calling this trash

Imagine the conviction that would take smdh

I'm scrolling down my FB timeline now just watching folks expose themselves.

"Nobody knew who Pusha was before this anyway!"

"He's just helping Drake sell more albums"

"Wait for Drake's response to go triple-platinum. He won't take disrespect about his mom and Dad lying down."

"Half of you guys that aren't deadbeats are friends of deadbeats, so how can y'all co-sign this?"

I am having the time of my life witnessing the meltdowns.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but that's the exact opposite of what OJ was. OJ was a black dude that tried to hard to get out of his race socially while Drake generally tries too hard to have street cred.
He's not saying Drake is OJ. He's using the beat which has this sample "my skin is black - it's yellow" to talk about Drake's multi-racial identity problems and calling into question why he did a photoshoot in black face.

It's perfect, really.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, does that bolded even matter. "He started it, I finished it" is cool and all, but even if Drake hadn't said a word about Pusha's fiancee, why the hell should Pusha have felt the need to pull punches until some line gets crossed. Just throw haymakers at the start.

I doubt he'd have held back and he damn well shouldn't have.
Because it's just a rap battle and it's corny, but I'd rather hear dope punchlines than mostly sloppy insults and exposures. The fiancee defense is an excuse to make it seem like Drake crossed the line first so he can go straight to low blows and it doesn't seem like he's fighting dirty.

Pusha has nothing to lose and everything to gain by going at Drake's head in his first response so it makes sense that he pulls out some of the more salacious dirt at the beginning while Drake is playing coy. That's why I said I think round 2 will be better.

Although, I think Pusha's strategy of going after Drake's credibility is smart and could be the thing that picks him apart after all is said and done.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm scrolling down my FB timeline now just watching folks expose themselves.

"Nobody knew who Pusha was before this anyway!"

"He's just helping Drake sell more albums"

"Wait for Drake's response to go triple-platinum. He won't take disrespect about his mom and Dad lying down."

"Half of you guys that aren't deadbeats are friends of deadbeats, so how can y'all co-sign this?"

I am having the time of my life witnessing the meltdowns.
Watching rap stans fail to properly assess a rap beef is like watching babies play QWOP.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair to BillyMays , I can understand his viewpoint and it's always been something in contention in battle rap. if you're looking for intricate rhyme schemes, witty word play, and clever punchlines, then I think Infrared and Duppy are better, however The Story of Adido is harsher because of it's gossip nature of uncovering truths about Drake that the vast majority of people had no idea about and what they revealed about Drake himself. However it's done much more straightforward than the other two diss tracks.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone gone after Kendrick? For real I'm asking... because he's the name that always get's thrown around as "you don't want none"
Attacking Kendrick straight up is just idiotic. He has the natural talent, artistry and skill set that all legitimate rappers respect, AND he has the good will and blessings from the fans / media for his attempts at making a difference and getting his message across. Push was the perfect guy to attack Drake, he's been rapping about moving coke for decades and has no moral ground he's standing on for Drake to attack.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Meek, Big Sean

Just off the top of my head.

Man, those two dudes... guess Kendrick is untouchable for the reasons posted below:

Attacking Kendrick straight up is just idiotic. He has the natural talent, artistry and skill set that all legitimate rappers respect, AND he has the good will and blessings from the fans / media for his attempts at making a difference and getting his message across. Push was the perfect guy to attack Drake, he's been rapping about moving coke for decades and has no moral ground he's standing on for Drake to attack.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair to BillyMays , I can understand his viewpoint and it's always been something in contention in battle rap. if you're looking for intricate rhyme schemes, witty word play, and clever punchlines, then I think Infrared and Duppy are better, however The Story of Adido is harsher because of it's gossip nature of uncovering truths about Drake that the vast majority of people had no idea about and what they revealed about Drake himself. However it's done much more straightforward than the other two diss tracks.
People act like they want that but when Joe Budden went at Drake with that, no one cared - they responded with "he can't make a hit, the beat is trash" etc and totally dismissed the lyricism.

Pusha hit Drake where he is vulnerable. And if Drake wants to get rappity rappity, he'll outrap him too.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
I heard about the disses flying but just got caught up with the details and this thread. Push baited him and then blasted him with a vicious combo.

That Esquire summary was good to explain some of the history behind the buildup to this point.

BillyMays

Banned
Mar 15, 2018

Thanks for putting that more intricately than I did lol

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People act like they want that but when Joe Budden went at Drake with that, no one cared - they responded with "he can't make a hit, the beat is trash" etc.

Pusha hit Drake where he is vulerable. And if Drake wants to get rappity rappity, he'll outrap him too.
Oh you're definitely right, especially to a mainstream audience. Pusha's approach was probably his best approach to "winning" in their eyes.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'm still of the impression that he never called out Kanye. He said "I wrote for Kanye, so what do you think of him? That makes you a bit of a hypocrite. I just left Wyoming writing stuff for you guys" Kanye's already acknowledged that Drake helped him on those tracks.

He didn't go after Kanye, no one's really gone after Kanye... yet
Nah it came off as condescending. He was shooting at them both (referring to Ye' as 'that nigga', throwing shade with his song titles, calling them both enemies, and saying 'yall the spitting image that jealousy breeds). Ye' been paid respects tho so that was the nothing to even trip over.