• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who will win?

• King Push

Votes: 782 63.2%
  • 6 God

Votes: 172 13.9%
  • OVO Sweatshop

Votes: 123 9.9%
  • EGHCK!

Votes: 160 12.9%

• Total voters

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I'll respond assuming this post is serious.

It's 2018, not 1996. The world changes.

Would you be talking about how "rap beef isn't cordial, kids!" if Pusha T took shots at Drake being half Jewish? Come on. Let's not act like mocking people with physical disabilities for your amusement is offensive in every context but a fucking beef track makes it A-OK to go in on disabled people for their disabilities.

You haven't checked battle rap in the last 10 years have you?

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
It took Pusha a few days too to come up with a response, this might take even longer.
How does he respond though? He has nothing on Push, and Push has already said he's just warming up. Drake needs to walk away and let his fan base carry his album release. Continue to engage with Push will just make this worse.

Apr 16, 2018

Would you be talking about how "rap beef isn't cordial, kids!" if Pusha T took shots at Drake being half Jewish? Come on. Let's not act like mocking people with physical disabilities for your amusement is offensive in every context but a fucking beef track makes it A-OK to go in on disabled people for their disabilities.

Did you... hear the track? He definitely DID take shots at Drake for being bi-racial, so idk what you're tryna do here.

And he didn't come at 40 to be funny. He did it to hurt Drake.

It's only okay because Drake name-dropped his fiancée. You touch someone's nerves, prepare to have your own touched.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Bunch of boof ass posts in here like rap beef is supposed to be cordial in any way.

"He took it too far with 40." This ain't a game, these dudes ain't ribbing each other in some sort of joint effort to sell records. I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of kids who's first experience with rap beef was Meek vs Drake.

Pac said "MY 44 MAKE SURE ALL YO KIDS DON'T GROW!" Ain't no rules in rap beef.
And don't even try to push the "and look what happened to Pac," Pac's death ain't have shit to do with West/East Coast rap beef.

Truth

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
How does he respond though? He has nothing on Push, and Push has already said he's just warming up. Drake needs to walk away and let his fan base carry his album release. Continue to engage with Push will just make this worse.
I don't know what other dirt Pusha has on Drake, I was actually surprised he didn't use that whole ghostwriting stuff but I guess he's saving that for the future. And then there's tons of embarassing stuff Drake did/said when he was younger but other than that? Time might tell.
Drake on the other hand is in a very difficult situation because he'll need some insider stuff only people close to Pusha know about, if it's anything worth mentioning that is. I don't think he can come back from this.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you... hear the track? He definitely DID take shots at Drake for being bi-racial, so idk what you're tryna do here.

And he didn't come at 40 to be funny. He did it to hurt Drake.

It's only okay because Drake name-dropped his fiancée. You touch someone's nerves, prepare to have your own touched.
He took shots at Drake not feeling comfortable about his blackness, and as a honkey ass cracker, I'm not going touch the appropriateness of that because that's not my world to comment on.

Look, to be frank, defending making fun of people for having physical disabilities because it's a way of hurting someone else whose friends with that person... like where the fuck are we at in society.

The right thing to do is say "yeah, kinda fucked up, shouldn't have said that" and be done with it. That's all. No outrage, no #cancelPush campaign. Just kind of acknowledge it and enjoy the rest of the track. That you feel the need to defend its appropriateness is ugly.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To all the new Pusha T fans, do yourself a favor and listen to Hell Hath No Fury.

R-1596006-1297856519.jpeg.jpg

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Except for the fact that the crips that got Pac were on Puffs payroll for security while Bad Boy was doing gigs on the West Coast.

It's pretty convenient that you left out the other part of the equation. Bigs death.

Again that Piru/SSC beef wasn't about no rap songs.

That's why he name drops Daytona at the end of the diss track? Please.

"Joint effort to sell records." Did you actually read what I wrote?

If you think these two got together and said "yeah, let's do this, we can use it for promo!" you're a bozo. Straight up.

Yes, I would, this ain't my first rodeo. No one said the shit wasn't offensive, I argued that it was par for the course.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
He took shots at Drake not feeling comfortable about his blackness, and as a honkey ass cracker, I'm not going touch the appropriateness of that because that's not my world to comment on.

Look, to be frank, defending making fun of people for having physical disabilities because it's a way of hurting someone else whose friends with that person... like where the fuck are we at in society.

The right thing to do is say "yeah, kinda fucked up, shouldn't have said that" and be done with it. That's all. No outrage, no #cancelPush campaign. Just kind of acknowledge it and enjoy the rest of the track. That you feel the need to defend its appropriateness is ugly.
It's not supposed to be appropriate. That is kind of the point. It isn't appropriate to talk about another man's parents, partners, kids, or money. I don't see how sickness is the line that is too far when he says it's worth dying or losing his career to expose Drake and his cash money friends.

Apr 16, 2018

It's appropriate because that's what the arena of beef is. They're fucking enemies. He's not gonna pull punches, and I don't want him to.

I'm not sorry you can't stomach it. That's just the nature of the culture.

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
Guys, full disrespect is the only way a rap beef is done. Drake didn't go "yeah push you can use a picture of me in blackface to promote your album." If he did then fuck Drake even more.

BillyMays

Banned
Mar 15, 2018
You can tell this thread is filled with young ass posers. I can't believe anyone is gassing up that weak ass diss track by Pusha.

The black face pic stings more than the actual diss track and there's actually context as to why the pic even exist in the first place.

Is this rap beef or high school gossip

NeonBlack

Oct 25, 2017
"Any living thing that cannot co-exist with the kid
Must decease existing, little nigga, now listen
Your mami, your papi, that bitch you chasin'
Your little dirty ass kids, I'll fucking erase them" - 50

Disrespect is required.

RBelong2Us

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People crowning Drake after Duppy was ignorance at its finest. He went after Pusha like he was a henchmen and really directed most of the stuff to Yeezy.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
isn't this on par for actual rap beef? lol as long as no one dies over this and the music is good then no foul.

this is supposed to be offensive lol

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
I still have the Grindin' solo track CD from when I was in Salem High School Virginia Beach, VA in '99. That song solidified The Clipse and NERD as contenders to the Hip Hop music industry. Incredible times.

You younger Hip Hop fans need to educate yourselves on the caterpillars of this game!

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's crazy how I'm seeing so many people say he went to far. If you're not built for it don't step in that arena.. Drake, regardless of how you may not view it in the same way, made it personal by bringing his girl in it. After that it's gloves off

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Shorty, stay in your place
Before the AK's in your face
Take your daughter, R Kelly, have my way with her face!
And your mom's a whip wop head
And you claim to be a hip-hop head?
Ooh wop, two shots in his hip-hop head
This way the whole world know that hip-hop's dead!

-Cam'ron to Nas after his mom died

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah it's crazy how I'm seeing so many people say he went to far. If you're not built for it don't step in that arena.. Drake, regardless of how you may not view it in the same way, made it personal by bringing his girl in it. After that it's gloves off
I don't have a problem at all with it being personal, but that particular line is like barely one step above dropping a John Bain bar as far as bad taste is concerned imo

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
You can tell this thread is filled with young ass posers. I can't believe anyone is gassing up that weak ass diss track by Pusha.

The black face pic stings more than the actual diss track and there's actually context as to why the pic even exist in the first place.

Is this rap beef or high school gossip

What are you talking about? Rap battles started as just "I'm doper than you" and baseless insults. It evolved into personal dirt and rumors during beef battles in the 90's. Nothing about Pusha's angle is aimed at or in the wheel house of young anyone. New rappers been off the beef and battle shit for awhile now and their fanbase loves the party/drugs/drinking/sex angle they use. It's the older heads and the battle rap fans that understand and are ok with personals more than anything else.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not supposed to be appropriate. That is kind of the point. It isn't appropriate to talk about another man's parents, partners, kids, or money. I don't see how sickness is the line that is too far when he says it's worth dying or losing his career to expose Drake and his cash money friends.
I investigate claims of discrimination for a living. Mocking someone's parents and kids don't have laws preventing that I have to enforce. Disability harassment, yes. No, there's no laws here, and no there's no claim of that.

Someone mocking someone's dad for being a shit deadbeat dad is one thing, but someone mocking someone's dad for having ALS is quite different, even if the target is still the same.

Red_

Oct 26, 2017
People crowning Drake after Duppy was ignorance at its finest. He went after Pusha like he was a henchmen and really directed most of the stuff to Yeezy.
It's pretty telling how many people ITT and even in day to day life had no real idea who Pusha was and what he's done over the years.......anyone with any awareness of him knew Drake fucked up by responding to him in the first place. Pusha is an assassin.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I expected Pusha to bring bars but instead he just went the exposure route and throwing personal low blows. It could give him the "win" but it's lazy. I feel like Pusha is using Drake mentioning his fiancee as an excuse to really go in rather than really being offended by it and that's a little corny especially trying to bring kids and his friend's health into it for just a punchline, but it's all theater and chess anyways so it's whatever.

I don't even know the full background of this beef so a lot of the context is probably lost on me but round 1 was just alright, I hope round 2 is better. The beats are pretty dope from some diss tracks though.