• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I find the entire video creepy as hell; the whole R&B dude bringing a girl on stage thing has always been hard to watch let alone when she turns out to be 17 lol

Haven't some artists gotten in huge trouble for shit like that? Like I'm remembering someone getting in trouble for like "simulating sex acts on a minor" or something for grinding on stage.

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
User Banned (Duration Pending): Inflammatory Trolling Across a Series of Threads; History of Severe Infractions
What on earth does that have to with race or being an ally.

The way you are replying to the poster is the way that white people talk to miniorites because you want the miniorty to do or say something the right (white) way. Like you don't get what he's saying so you gotta twist his words. Then you'll probably think why he isn't smart enough to get what your putting down because your an intellectual. And I'll wonder why the fuck you think you deserved a better education in the first place.

Oct 25, 2017
Konoha
I find the entire video creepy as hell; the whole R&B dude bringing a girl on stage thing has always been hard to watch let alone when she turns out to be 17 lol

Haven't some artists gotten in huge trouble for shit like that? Like I'm remembering someone getting in trouble for like "simulating sex acts on a minor" or something for grinding on stage.
Akon but iirc it wasn't his fault because the club didn't do a good job of checking id's. Club got shut down over this.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The way you are replying to the poster is the way that white people talk to miniorites because you want the miniorty to do or say something the right (white) way. Like you don't get what he's saying so you gotta twist his words. Then you'll probably think why he isn't smart enough to get what your putting down because your an intellectual. And I'll wonder why the fuck you think you deserved a better education in the first place.
I have no idea what race that poster is. Our interactions have absolutely nothing to do with race and we already resolved the issue via PM. He owned up to not watching the video and jumping into the conversation without knowing the context. So I have no idea what you're on about.

We agreed that he should make a separate thread (an idea he brought up himself).

Sounds like you've got some sort of personal vendetta against me. Say what's on your mind if that's the case.

Last edited:

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's known that Drake fills entire buses with random girls off the street for parties. He literally has people that are hired by him to go up to random girls and ask them if they want to go to a private party held by Drake and or hangout backstage. Dude is a freak so I'm not surprised.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's known that Drake fills entire buses with random girls off the street for parties. He literally has people that are hired by him to go up to random girls and ask them if they want to go to a private party held by Drake and or hangout backstage. Dude is a freak so I'm not surprised.
Serena will have the last laugh.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So are we the only ones raising hell about this?

I feel to an extent there may be folks who are like, "Oh well Drake is young and cool, so this is okay!" including the girl in the video.
Still creepy though, a modern piped piper this one

EDIT:

You know what screw it, this is fucked. I've seen other musicians at concerts, if female artists like say Adele or Pink or Sia never need to do this kind of shit then neither do the guys. No part of your brand should involve molesting your fans, doesn't matter if they look into it, YOU shouldn't be doing it.

Last edited:

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

I feel to an extent there may be folks who are like, "Oh well Drake is young and cool, so this is okay!" including the girl in the video.

EDIT:

You know what screw it, this is fucked. I've seen other musicians at concerts, if female artists like say Adele or Pink or Sia never need to do this kind of shit then neither do the guys. No part of your brand should involve molesting your fans, doesn't matter if they look into it, YOU shouldn't be doing it.
Not accusing Drake of anything...but imagine how bonkers it would be to have a "Surviving Drake" documentary come out 15 years down the line and have all of this be a part of some darker shit? That'd be CRAZY

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not accusing Drake of anything...but imagine how bonkers it would be to have a "Surviving Drake" documentary come out 15 years down the line and have all of this be a part of some darker shit? That'd be CRAZY

Always a possibility these days.

Also, just to add. Even if the girl defended him and says she "consented", it's still wrong. I could consent to getting stabbed but stabbing me would still be a crime.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
I read the tread title as 7 year-old (lack of sleep my eyes did not read it as 17) I was like wtf

Now I'm like shaking my head 17 is just not news worthy but welp he got caught doing this on stage with someone who is not 18. These guys need to just stop bringing fans up on stage most of their fans are underage anyway. This is a different time we are going to have an uproar about it.

This bring fans on the stage thing is old as dirt could go way back to the 1960s but now with everyone filming your creepy sim-sex it does look way messed up.
A video on a forum like this is way out of the context of a sexy song sung to a fan, with a video it is just creepy, the mood of the concert just does not translate why are they still okay with doing this shit? It won't get you more fans.

I've seen Janet Jackson's HBO special so I know so I know for a fact women did this stuff back in the day pretty sure Madonna done some of this too, but no matter the history of doing this grinding on fans shit, times have changed everything is extra creepy to everyone so these guys need to change this old act and move forward.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Always a possibility these days.

Also, just to add. Even if the girl defended him and says she "consented", it's still wrong. I could consent to getting stabbed but stabbing me would still be a crime.
Do we know where the video took place?

17 is legal in most of the US and certainly is in Canada.

And honestly don't know if that creepy caressing thing is illegal anyways.. or the creepy kisses. I don't really "see" the alleged boob grab but that might cross some legal line if it happened lol

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so that Atlanta episode was based off facts? I'll be damned.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018

EDIT:

Female artists like Rihanna, Ashanti, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Lil Kim, do i need to keep going?...have done this. Stop painting this as just a guy thing.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know where the video took place?

17 is legal in most of the US and certainly is in Canada.

And honestly don't know if that creepy caressing thing is illegal anyways.. or the creepy kisses. I don't really "see" the alleged boob grab but that might cross some legal line if it happened lol
Going to epic lengths there to excuse this.

A 17 year old might be legal in those states, but that's still a grown ass man grooming a young person. At 17, you really don't know about sexuality in the way you do in the following decade. But you do you, excuse this behaviour because you're a fan.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
User Banned (3 weeks): Excusing sexual assault and inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding abuse
ResetERA is the only place I see up in arms over this tbh.

Female artists literally twerk their asses and lap dance on underage men all the time and no in history one has ever given a fuck lol.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Going to epic lengths there to excuse this.

There was zero excusing anything. Really can't stand posts like this.

That guy compared it to a crime and I asked if it was legal. It's a question not an excuse.

A 17 year old might be legal in those states, but that's still a grown ass man grooming a young person. At 17, you really don't know about sexuality in the way you do in the following decade. But you do you, excuse this behaviour because you're a fan.

I called it creepy... that's totally an excuse!!

A 17 year old might be legal in those states

That pretty much sums up my post that you just claimed was excusing Drake.

BOO THE EXCUSER!

Last edited:

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017

EDIT:

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ResetERA is the only place I see up in arms over this tbh.

Female artists literally twerk their asses and lap dance on underage men all the time and no in history one has ever given a fuck lol.
Nah, there were definitely some articles about this, and he has a history of gross behavior with younger women, including grooming Mille Bobby Brown.

Not surprising though since people defended R Kelly for years even though it was common knowledge.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a Drake only thing, there's videos on Youtube with guys like Usher, Madonna, Rihanna etc. all fondling their fans