• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
The set for the extermination was super cool, at least! but yeah seemed pretty fakey

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for Sigourney, she had a point when she said whenever there's a fight, there's a target on her back. Even when she wins, she gets criticized. At this point, this competition is setting up Dahli for the win, with Sigourney as a close second because of the persecution she's facing from the other competitors.

Also, the exterminations this season are all weak sauce. Riding a mechanical bull? Taking pictures on a beach? Fake electrocution? Bring me the needles, the cockroaches, even the tattoos. Where are the exterminations that elicit pain, being grossed out or actual fear?

Last edited:

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
I love that the last episode had SO much drama that it felt like half the episode was flashing back to moments we didn't see last week. Like I had no idea they keep commenting on Saints shoes, but apparently that's been a thing? I agree her performances are a little restrained but I just love every look Saint does.

Dahli is definitely the clear frontrunner but I didn't read boat from his look until they pointed out his belt.

Jade vs Betty is such nothing drama since both of them haven't proved they have what it takes to make top 3. Zava at least has James Majesty energy and could go far.

As always Sigourney threatening everyone by existing. I understand the lack of filth complaints and her outfit was a little simple, but you can tell she designs for the stage. Her outfit and makeup looked so good in the foggy lighting I thought she was genuinely creepy. And even with the over editing during floor shows you can tell she puts on an amazing performance.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I love that the last episode had SO much drama that it felt like half the episode was flashing back to moments we didn't see last week. Like I had no idea they keep commenting on Saints shoes, but apparently that's been a thing? I agree her performances are a little restrained but I just love every look Saint does.

The contestants also talk about moments that haven't been shared on camera, mostly because they're all living together in an Airbnb during filming. It's something that has been criticized, because if the audience doesn't see what's going on, how can they know what the contestants are referring? The whole "Betty is a booze hound", "we talked about losing our mothers" and a few other converstations happened during those times.

Next season should do what Drag Race does, have the girls stay secluded in a hotel and every interaction will probably be caught on camera, or else it feels like we're only getting half the story and the real "Untucked" is happening while they're at home.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
That 'untucked' was a clusterfuck of editing. Whatever fantasy Hoso was seeing in her head was not communicated in reality by that luchador in a bed sheet look. Zavaleta and Jade doing god knows what and everyone piling on Sigourney.

I do agree with Zavaleta that Sigourney gives a lot of the same silhouette, but she was also clearly in the top this episode, so. Jade keeps telling everyone she's sweet and nice, but the 2 shows we've seen her on she always wedges herself in the middle of the drama, so.... Her cutesy pie looks are boring to me and I'd rather have Betty on the show tbh.

They could've got Mike Ruiz in for that extermination and I would've believed it was the maxi challenge on a first episode of vintage Drag Race - wtf Dragula!

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
....this episode was a lot. First of all I want to say I loved the theme and the Brothers' song. My kind of aesthetic.

Hoso i just didn't get the look at all, I really wanted to. Saint had the best look IMO but the performance wasn't there the outfit might have worn them more than the other way around. I do think Dahli is my favorite, though.

But I will miss
Bitter Betty
a lot though.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that Merrie Cherry kept saying she wasn't loud, the other contestants that were quiet and now that she's gone, we see that she was sucking the air out of the room and the other contestants are managing to get a word in, getting more screentime while they're at it. Happy for Jade getting that screentime, hope she lasts another episode or two.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I liked HoSo's idea but I don't know if it came across how they wanted it to, especially to a largely American audience. Props to them for sticking to their guns and bringing it to the stage though. Still my fav. <3
I thought Betty looked the best she ever has this episode. Especially her makeup. Still an awful person though so I'm glad she's gone.
I didn't think Sigourney's look was particularly special and I did agree that it felt like it was something we've seen from her before. I like Sigourney and I really don't see where all the other queens ganging up on her all the time is coming from.
Dali seems to be positioning for the win atm and I'd be pretty happy with that.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've been all in on Hoso as a person and an artist during the competition and I understood their look - it just wasn't glamour as to how they were set in the challenge and I think all the "Western ideals" stuff is a little bit of cop out tbh. The idea and silhouette can be glamorous, it didn't need Joan Crawford shoulders or jewelry and pearls to be glamour, that's not the issue. The materials used look pretty flat, that's one area where a simple change could make it pop more and read glamour, to me.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
For some reasons, with Hoso's look, all I see is a worse, badly constructed version of Utica's sleeping bag look from last Drag Race season's Ball Challenge.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to like this season so much, but it's just not getting there for me. I'd put season two and three ahead of it, and this season is just barely ahead of season one.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was pretty surprised Zavaleta wasn't up for extermination, that cat suit looked off the rack Halloween store af, I guess her performance saved her, which is fair she sold the character. I agree with everything they say about Sigourney repeating her silhouette but I just love her aesthetic and 50s/60s pin-up character - I feel like I've seen this exact look in a cartoon maybe, the same hair shape and wolf girl idea - very Groovy Ghoulies. I just wanted more hair, it was still glamour only. The wig as a different colour created a disconnect from her body hair.

Hoso's look was clearly the top, unique idea - her make-up and that hair shape together was very old school Visual Kei, loved it. Felt bad for Jade - on this challenge about hairy monsters too, Zavaleta sat there in a fucking cat costume - If I was Jade I'd be like "because of course this would happen right now!" Devestating, but I'd have to find the ironic/funny in it on that level.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
I wanted to like this season so much, but it's just not getting there for me. I'd put season two and three ahead of it, and this season is just barely ahead of season one.

Season 2 can't be topped for me, but I adore this cast a lot more than season 3's. The only negative I have is that the floor shows are all very same-y. After the awesome multiple locations of the Resurrection season and the field trips in the other main seasons, having just a runway or lip sync challenge isn't very exciting (though they certainly try with the editing).

Also Zava has become the surprise hit of the season for me. I think they might be the funniest person to come on Dragula so I'm glad they stuck around, though that cat suit was not it.

And I can't say enough about Saint. The concepts/creativity in their drag is another level. Just need that one crazy good performance to take them to the top!

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Just listened to the latest episode of the Brothers' podcast, the Extermination challenges are simple due to covid.

Sigourney why the hell didn't you do a full bush???? Two lil strands cmon.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
At least the extermination was slightly better this week.
It was Jade's time to go but I felt really bad for her. I'm glad she got a chance to showcase what she's doing now.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I personally would have given the win to Jade, go figure.

But then I also felt she should have been top for the Ghost challenge.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
How Saint wasn't up for extermination this week is beyond me. She should've been eliminated.

Also, unless Sigourney wins next week, she doesn't stand a chance of winning the competition.

It's between Dahli and HoSo for me and I'm kind of disappointed with the season overall.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Personally Dahli has fallen close to the bottom for me. I'm sure they will make top 3, but I'm having the opposite problem with them then I had with Hoso.

Hoso's looks started very same-y but as the competition has gone on they've really shown great diversity in their presentations. Dahli started off great but now I'm so used to the white face paint and horns that all the looks are blending together for me.

That said Dahli looking like Biqtch Pudding killed me in the challenge. And Zavas gay priest got me good as well.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I didn't see that extermination coming, I was sure it was going to be Sigourney.

Hoso's floorshow look was a really great idea and execution, I did like Sigourney's too, I know it was simple but also effective, I just love her face and expressions.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
How Saint wasn't up for extermination this week is beyond me. She should've been eliminated.

Also, unless Sigourney wins next week, she doesn't stand a chance of winning the competition.

It's between Dahli and HoSo for me and I'm kind of disappointed with the season overall.

I was shocked she was called out as safe. Saint gets the same critique every week.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm at a point where I don't want anyone to go home.

Saint honey PLS give us some energy in the next episode.

Also the extermination was terrifying and kinda hot. And im going to miss
Zavaleta

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California
Personally Dahli has fallen close to the bottom for me. I'm sure they will make top 3, but I'm having the opposite problem with them then I had with Hoso.

Hoso's looks started very same-y but as the competition has gone on they've really shown great diversity in their presentations. Dahli started off great but now I'm so used to the white face paint and horns that all the looks are blending together for me.

That said Dahli looking like Biqtch Pudding killed me in the challenge. And Zavas gay priest got me good as well.
Zava is just so fun to watch

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
REALLY loved the episode. My favorite of the season so far for sure.
The acting challenge was much better than anything Drag Race has ever done imo. I didn't quite see what they were obsessed with Sigourney for. I thought she was serviceable. Dali and Saint would have been my bottom two cause Zava's priest was amazing.
Having the coaches actually come up and interact and provide good feedback that wasn't just fishing for TV reactions was good and I do think it resulted in a better product overall. Always a treat to see Peaches too.
Sad Zava's floor show didn't go well. Seems like that really threw her.
Dali's floor show felt pretty been there done that and except for the really well done eyes I didn't care much for Saint's.
HoSo fucking killed it though. That demon thing was haunting and refined.
Also really loved Misha on the panel. They were so well spoken and observant I really appreciated the input they had to provide.
The extermination was actually cool this week! While it was pretty clear they were playing it up a bit they kinda needed to to have ANY reaction with how hard it would be to move when vacuum sealed. It looked really cool though and I can totally see people having a fear of something like that.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck did Zav get exterminated with the best acting performance? And Saint should have been in the bottom for sure, she was bad in the challenge and boring on the Runway.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We just got a cheap Black Friday AMC+ sub for a couple months to watch this so we've been binging here the last few days.

I'm actually loving this season!
-The increased production value is very, very welcome.
-The shift in tone to embrace the silliness of the entire project is also extremely welcome. Nosferatu Beach Party and the western eps were excellent at nailing the balance between horror and camp.
-The Boulets are showing so much more of a sense of humor about themselves and about the show and it's incredibly refreshing. I don't miss how stiff they were in previous seasons although the Kermit-y "hello Uglies" doesn't happen often enough this season ;(
-Super fun cast with turbo charged drama. I'm really sad that Betty is gone but I've been pretty OK with most of the exterminations. I love how impeccable Dahli's work is and their floor show performances but I really want to see them mix it up a bit with their aesthetics. I love Ho So's looks for the most part (not including that horrible ghost ship mess) but their personality can really be grating if it doesn't go their way. Sigourney always looks stunning but it's a little boring for me, I never really get a "wow" moment from her, unlike the rest of the remaining monsters. I adore Saint's looks and personality but someone give them a shot of espresso or something, it's always so laconic.

Overall, so much fun and really happy with the tone shifts for S4. They have some more money behind them and it really shows.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
I loved this episode, it was a lot of fun. Sigourney is pure TV, no doubt about it. Her squawking during the acting challenge was hilarious, as is the way she carries herself in the workroom and on stage. Although I have to be honest I think that one time a few of the girls (I think it was 3?) did the exorcist in Drag Race it was more entertaining...

I'm not sure how I feel about this upcoming finale, or the cast overall. I see the runway and all I can think about is like "wow I'd love to have seen what evah or priscilla or maddelynn would come up with for this", having landon and sigourney on the same stage a few episodes ago really kind of highlighted just how much as changed in the small time away from tv for dragula. The Boulets seemed to agree in their kiki before judging (which seems to never really factor in to anything?).

I think I'd like saint to win, I appreciate that as a performer they are understated while also being very intricate with their costumes. I agreed with most of what Swan said about not minding the winner of dragula being a more reserved individual.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm a pussy when it comes to horror movies, but I loved Killer Klowns as a kid and rented out the tape from the video shop many, many times - so fun to see it as the theme and hear the song used on the floorshow.

Overall underwhelming execution but each had strong ideas. They all seem to stay on brand for better or worse, so the same critiques they've had all season applied here too, but so did their strengths. I think I remember reading a spoiler about the next episode top 4 still? - I'm more than ok with that.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I agree, I'm glad the Brothers have been funnier this season. They are hilarious on their podcast.

Loved that race!!! That was ridiculous.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Wasn't a huge fan of the category in general but this episode was hilarious. Koco and that cliffhanger killed me.

Didn't think anyone's runway in particular was outstanding. Dahli was wearing his promo outfit just painted Orange but he does always have a good performance. Think I'm still rooting for Saint just because of how different each look is, even if his performances aren't high energy.

In general I want all 4 to compete in the finale. Very interested in seeing what each person does for the three categories runway.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping none of the returning monsters would win the season, but it's looking more and more likely that Dahli is winning. HoSo is the only one that could take the crown in their stead, but unless HoSo drives it out of the park during the finale, it's Dahli's season.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO MEAN AT THE END.

Great reunion. I wanna know the tea about season 3 tho from Saint...

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing finale and expected winner.

The only look from this finale floorshow I'll remember is HoSo's filth look.

Halfway through the episode, I figured they'd crown Dahli if only because they can't bring them back to another season as they're already a returning monster, unlike HoSo that can compete in a All Stars season.

Sigourney thoroughly disappointed me in all three looks, I really thought she could surprise me in the end, but she didn't. Not even her glamour was the best glamour of the night.

Saint kept delivering looks that were never my favorite or the worst in my opinion, I just kinda forgot she was there at the end.

Dahli wasn't their best as they were in the second season. I thought that Dahli performed a lot better, but at the same time, that Dahli had fiercer competition in that season.

HoSo wasn't my pick most of the season, but watching this episode, they were. Their horror look did bring back the multiple face gimmick they presented in the season, but their filth look? The only one of the night that dared to really be something completely new and makes us question ourselves in some way, more than Dahli's.

Well, the season didn't pay off for me for how excited I was for it, but at least it's over and a new season should be waiting for us in 2022.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Favourites performances of the night : Dahli's Glamour, Hoso's Horror and Filth. Dahli's Filth was fun but I feel like something was missing.

Hoso's Horror look was so personal, and even though she did the multiple faces thing again, I feel like this time it was meaning so much more. Cancer can take so many different faces and is just so scary. As someone who lost both parents to some atrociously quick lung cancer (My mom died last Labor Day, 32 days after the discovery of her cancer. My dad, pretty much the same date 2 years prior, 80 days adter the dicsovery of his.), Hoso's performance actually made me cry.

To me it was obvious Saint wouldn't win but I just loved her sense of aesthetic and style. The toothfairy look was so creepy and fun. I love how she reinterprets simple ideas from her point of view.

It was also obivous that Sigourney had plateau-ed during the season. Fierce performer, maybe one of the most polished queen from the show, but after a while everything ends up being a bit same-y. Even 2 of her finale themes were kinda similar with the face melting/zits popping. Still, would loooove to see her on stage, she's definately one of my favourite of the franchise.

For Dahli's looks, their Glamour one was so slick, but I was pretty meh about the Horror one. I was expecting more than a simple "dead pope". They were amazing all season but I felt like Hoso almost got the win in the end. Also a bit same-y after a while like Sigourney, but I think the different silhouettes and the few genderbending elements of their looks helped them. Still, a deserved winner. Also my favourite crowning look. (Wtf was Saint wearing lol)

The season by itself was fine, lots of fun drag, and we have to keep in mind that everything was done during a pandemic.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Very happy for Dahli! I was hoping for HoSo as they are my fav from the season and probably my favorite Dragula competitor of all time but Dahli had some amazing performances and was consistently strong as well. They REALLY hungered for the win. That finale shot with the traditional Carrie-esque blood was phenomenal.
Really enjoyable season overall though I thiiiiink 3 is still my favorite. Bring on 5! Super happy with Shudder's treatment and promotion of it, too. I've been a subscriber for a couple years now already but I really respect them for putting some money and effort into this lil show.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
That horror Hoso look really stuck with me. I felt very honored to have been given a glimpse into something so personal.

I loved the final four so much, loved all their personalities and what great talents. I'm going to miss this show. However I'll be rewatching season 2 once it airs on shudder.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I just finished watching this season.

Lots of favoritism towards Dahli, Beaver, and Saint all around from the start. Sure they were never bad. However, Dahli wasn't as good as they made him out to be. He's just a nerd that does ultra masc horror cosplay with queer aesthetics. Beaver did fem glam ala Jessica Rabbit featuring spookiness. Saint was floundering to explaoin what he was. Is that a read?

Hoso was robbed. ;.;

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I just finished watching this season.

Lots of favoritism towards Dahli, Beaver, and Saint all around from the start. Sure they were never bad. However, Dahli wasn't as good as they made him out to be. He's just a nerd that does ultra masc horror cosplay with queer aesthetics. Beaver did fem glam ala Jessica Rabbit featuring spookiness. Saint was floundering to explaoin what he was. Is that a read?

Hoso was robbed. ;.;

At the end I kinda wanted everyone to win, but looking back on it I think I really wanted Hoso to win. They are absolutely incredible. And that filth performance???? incredible