• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
the-boulet-brothers-dragula-draglicious-season-4-s4-promo-cast-elenco-oficial-official.jpg

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I'm rooting hard for Sigourney Beaver, but I'm also very excited with HoSo and Koco. It's been two years since a regular Dragula season, I can't wait!

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
*raises hand (only to have it chopped off to a blood-spurting stump)

Is that the "I'm so in to Voguing" woman or is she just referencing it? It's neato either way lol.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be catching it post-season in one big bite due to lack of time right now, but so happy that Dragula is back!

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
With Dragula seemingly becoming a bit more mainstream then before, I hope I won't encounter spoilers on Youtube, IG or Drag Race subreddits.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to stream it yet? My roommate can't access it on shudder via Amazon prime.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone able to stream it yet? My roommate can't access it on shudder via Amazon prime.

Some advice, if you have a device that offers the Shudder app, such as Amazon Fire TV, then subscribe to Shudder directly through Shudder. You won't get your moneys worth when subbing through Amazon.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
This was a lovely episode, I had a lot of fun. The season should be incredible, even though the first floorshow didn't floor me.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
As a huge Elvira fan I liked Bitter Betty's look, I thought she looked as if Cassandra was playing Elvira as Katrina from Vamp, but I understood the judges critiques totally.

Good episode, good cast, looking forward to more. 2 things that I continue to deal with with the show - 1) there's probably about 15 minutes of fat per episode that could be tightened up, dramatic scenes and such that go on for too long to hold my interest, and the floorshow music always makes me nauseous, I need to turn down the volume it really has a physical effect on me, that bassy electronic drone. My little ears are sooooo sensitive! *flutter*

onhold4u

Oct 29, 2017
Iowa
The opening scene was just not interesting, but I mean sell them masks girls.
Also,
I truly don't understand how Merrie Cherry was NOT in the bottom. They literally said they weren't looking for cosplay, how was that more different than the original outfit than Bitter Betty's?

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
The opening scene was just not interesting, but I mean sell them masks girls.
Also,
I truly don't understand how Merrie Cherry was NOT in the bottom. They literally said they weren't looking for cosplay, how was that less different than the original outfit than Bitter Betty's?

I think they decided to put Bitter Betty in the bottom and not Merrie Cherry because Merrie chose an "unconventional" icon, while Elvira is everywhere.

onhold4u

Oct 29, 2017
Iowa
I think they decided to put Bitter Betty in the bottom and not Merrie Cherry because Merrie chose an "unconventional" icon, while Elvira is everywhere.
I suppose that's probably true! Both of those looks were really "meh" for me.
Those two and Jade really didn't seem all that different from the source material for me. I guess Jade at least had the gimmick with the bugs.
I really thought Formalda's look was really cool... but it's their show not mine /shrug

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Really disappointed by that Shudder twitter post. Very unprofessional and then to botch posting it on time?? Cmon get it together.

However I really enjoyed this episode. Can't wait to see more from everyone and I agreed with who they picked as a winner.

I am curious though. The brothers said the previous seasons would be on Shudder too, maybe that will be later?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Whew this is a season of cuties. Hoso, Formelda, and Merrie can get IT.

Didn't really see Astrud winning but it's fine. Top for sure. Thought Hoso and Sigourney had much better looks.
I actually don't mind Betty so far but knowing what I know about her....I hope she's gone next episode.
Did really dig Coco's look as much as the judges. It didn't particularly read Morticia to me. Should have replaced her with Saint who I really enjoyed.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Shudder can't be worse than Amazon Prime, who released episodes days too soon/late, or more than one at a time by error lol.

I really liked Formela Hyde look tbh, I feel like Merry Cherry (even though she's my fav in terms of personnality) should have taken her place in the bottom. Also Hoso should have won.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still isn't available on shudder via Amazon prime in Canada. They really fucked up!

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Still rooting for my girl Sigourney Beaver! With so much bullying, they're giving her a very nice edit for the win.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
There is so much talent this season!!!! I'm excited to see what happens next. Don't have someone I'm rooting for quite yet.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo happy the post-credits of Resurrection came into play.
Saint is absolutely killing it so far.
I don't think Jade's prosthetics work were brought up enough. She looked amazing.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
*closes notebook* I have no notes for this episode other than I thought the extermination challenge was pretty lightweight.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Never watched a season of Dragula before this and just finished the first episode last night. Most of the outfits created were just jaw-dropping. Rooting for HoSo and Saint. Zavaleta's cattiness is definitely going to get on my nerves.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
That episode was a LOT. Finally watched it. I wanted them to cut away to the extermination challenge SO BAD.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
That episode was a LOT. Finally watched it. I wanted them to cut away to the extermination challenge SO BAD.

Episode 2? If so, I 100% agree. The section before the extermination challenge reminded me of the cringey contestant group conversations on The Bachelorette or whatever reality show my partner is currently watching. Made me want to crawl out of my skin. Instead, it was a good reminder to refill my wine glass.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Episode 2? If so, I 100% agree. The section before the extermination challenge reminded me of the cringey contestant group conversations on The Bachelorette or whatever reality show my partner is currently watching. Made me want to crawl out of my skin. Instead, it was a good reminder to refill my wine glass.

Episode 2 spoiler
since Astrud said she was having a panic attack (and confirmed on twitter) it just feels...so wrong that so much of it was on the episode. Stuff like this really makes me not want to watch reality TV. I'm here for the art. Once it was over it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Otherwise enjoyed the episode, fun theme!

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, I can't stand Merrie Cherry and La Zavaleta. They were giving good TV in the first episode or so, but now they're just insufferable and the way Merrie Cherry is being pushed forward, I expect this kind of behavior from Drag Race, not Dragula.

Also, I know it's because of the pandemic and shit, but I need on location shooting. The Wild West episode for season two was so special, but shooting an entire season inside the studio is not doing it for me.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
How did I not know there was an OT here for this!!! I discovered Dragula last year thanks to the Shudder Resurrection special and have been absolutely obsessed ever since.

Oh my god, I can't stand Merrie Cherry and La Zavaleta. They were giving good TV in the first episode or so, but now they're just insufferable and the way Merrie Cherry is being pushed forward, I expect this kind of behavior from Drag Race, not Dragula.

Also, I know it's because of the pandemic and shit, but I need on location shooting. The Wild West episode for season two was so special, but shooting an entire season inside the studio is not doing it for me.

This is exactly how I feel. At least Zava has been serving some better looks and showing improvement, but there really is no excuse for Merry. Constantly causing drama and just shows so much insecurity. Love her camp approach to the challenges, but the polish is not there.

Being stuck in the Theater is understandable because of the pandemic, but it will definitely be hard to top some of the magic of Season 2, if they don't do something!!

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was baffled by Merrie being safe too. Zavaleta deserved the win, I liked Betty's performance too, she sold a look that was just safe otherwise.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm not a fan of Merri. Haven't been into any of her looks so far. How is she always safe?

Also Orville Peck ilu

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I liked Hoso's look too, she was one of my tops - like a cactus, scorpion thing? I thought it was unique and a different silhouette/visual and idea to everyone else.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see the eliminated monster go home, they added very little to the actual competition and just sucked the air out of the room.

Also, the drama this week was very weird. Seeing Betty and Merrie going in and Sigourney having to defend herself after single-handedly carrying the group to an acceptable performance was very hard to watch.

I'm still rooting for Sigourney, but Dahli is also bringing a level of polish and character I wasn't expecting. Waiting for HoSo to arrive though, I've been unimpressed after the first week.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
My biggest gripe with Merrie was her drag - thinking of some of the talent we've seen on the show in this and past seasons, her looks were amateur hour, and she wasn't making up for it in other areas either. Jade is another one underperforming.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Gosh that episode was one big anxiety attack. I couldn't look but also couldn't look away. When every queen said who they thought should go home my jaw was on the floor.

And Sigourney with the "What would you have had to offer though?" O….M……G!!!!!!

Sigourney has become my new favorite. Sigourney, Saint, Dahli are my top 3 for sure in that order.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Those fucking shoes lol cmon who are you kidding??

Also that extermination challenge lol wat

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I asked this on Reddit, but were they actually electrocuted? It was pretty clear in season three, but this time around, it looked like they were acting. They were cutting to their feet all the time, I mean.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
That was the weakest extermination of all time. Honestly what the hell. Seemed completely scripted, couldn't even see who they were shocking, did they even SHOW Merrie getting "shocked" in the first round????
I half expected it to be a twist that whatever button they pressed was linked to their own zapper or something with how weak and poorly acted some of their reactions were.
Even the extermination scene at the end was lame. Seemed more enjoyable than anything tbh.