• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Landon's look on the last episode (ep6) was crazy good, stunning. Also wtf @ that calf - they said it was a real still born right? I thought it was just a good model made from latex or something. Am I high/stupid, they said it was real, right?! O_o

I'm glad who went home went because they had easily the least effort(?) looks compared to the others for a few weeks now. Her photo looked good, but her outfit just wasn't anywhere near the level of the best looks of the others.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Landon's look on the last episode (ep6) was crazy good, stunning. Also wtf @ that calf - they said it was a real still born right? I thought it was just a good model made from latex or something. Am I high/stupid, they said it was real, right?! O_o

I'm glad who went home went because they had easily the least effort(?) looks compared to the others for a few weeks now. Her photo looked good, but her outfit just wasn't anywhere near the level of the best looks of the others.

It was indeed real.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I was gagged. I still am. He deserved to stay just for that.

Also Louisianna's story from earlier in the episode really got me. This show has a lot of heart.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't Landon get more screentime? My winner deserves more screentime!

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The elimination last episode seemed all down to the main challenge and nothing to do with the extermination challenge since Louisiana was the one shitting herself and seemed to do the worst going by editing.

Evah did have the worst look though. I saw the idea, but the execution wasn't up the level of the others. If she was the tap dancing conjoined twin, then she could've taken it to a Baby Jane level where she was the tap dancing kid... but 60 years ago, and had the wizzened twin corpse hanging from her belly button or something. The face on her stomach made no sense until she explained it afterwards and the look was just cutesy anime/cosplay to me.
Dollya's win was deserved. Landon was amazing as always but the 3 purple dongs did let the look down. Dollya was very well put together and executed, the muscles didn't look real per se, but they didn't look hokey either and her eyes, whatever that effect on the contact was it was unsettling and mesmerizing.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Why doesn't Landon get more screentime? My winner deserves more screentime!

Legit wondering the same. He has so many stories related to his looks (the supervillain was related to her cancer, her hospital looks to when she had chemo, last week to reclaiming the insult « dyke ») but they don't show anything related to that. It's weird.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Landon was fantastic. Everyone else underwhelmed me. I expect people to go all out on a Halloween episode of Dragula.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
The other contestants must just die a little inside when they see what Landon is doing because she is so far above and away in her own league. Her look this episode was sexy.

This was a good top 4, but I was disappointed by Louisianna's look, it wasn't lived in enough enough and the story wasn't strong enough so as much as I like her I'm glad she went home over Dollya because I wasn't sure who might go - their choices have seemed arbitrary at times this season.

It's safe to assume Landon has it in the bag, but this is a great top 3.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks last season was still better than this one? I was a lot more excited about that top three than this one, aside from Landon.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
I want to see what it is the other contestants see in Priscilla, because right now I just am not seeing it. They seem really hyped to see what she will do and going off her past performances I just am struggling to see why. Unless it's just a "I don't like Dollya and I don't want to let Landon run away with it" reaction, I want to know what it is that they are seeing from her that I am not.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see what it is the other contestants see in Priscilla, because right now I just am not seeing it. They seem really hyped to see what she will do and going off her past performances I just am struggling to see why. Unless it's just a "I don't like Dollya and I don't want to let Landon run away with it" reaction, I want to know what it is that they are seeing from her that I am not.

Well, we're seeing a show that's heavily edited, they might see a lot of things we aren't. Still, it shows that us as viewers are seeing a very different perspective as the competitors themselves. Landon has said time and time again that he talked a lot during the show, but editing makes him look like introverted and borderline mute.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
Yeah, there absolutely could be a brilliant side to Priscilla that we haven't gotten to see! Hopefully the final floorshow will give us the absolute best of the top three.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, before the reunion, Priscilla was the last one I thought could win the show, but the reunion is clearly painting another picture. Dollya is definitely not winning after their comments and her editing during the reunion, but Priscilla is definitely a contender if we're taking the reunion into consideration.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, before the reunion, Priscilla was the last one I thought could win the show, but the reunion is clearly painting another picture. Dollya is definitely not winning after their comments and her editing during the reunion, but Priscilla is definitely a contender if we're taking the reunion into consideration.

Which I just don't understand tbh. Unless she wows me next episode, she's not even above Dollya.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Which I just don't understand tbh. Unless she wows me next episode, she's not even above Dollya.

Exactly, the editing has been a mess this season. I mean, I kinda swallowed Biqtch Puddin winning last year with the whole underdog storyline, even if James Majesty killed it for entire competition, but this year, if Priscilla wins... Even Dollya has done better (and handled herself better) than Priscilla.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly, the editing has been a mess this season. I mean, I kinda swallowed Biqtch Puddin winning last year with the whole underdog storyline, even if James Majesty killed it for entire competition, but this year, if Priscilla wins... Even Dollya has done better (and handled herself better) than Priscilla.

Priscilla's style of drag is fun but Landon just killed the entire season with his polish and his professionalism.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Priscilla's style of drag is fun but Landon just killed the entire season with his polish and his professionalism.

Which is why I don't think she should win, but we never know what the Boulets are thinking. They're more impredictable than someone like Ru and his producers for Drag Race.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
There wasn't a moment of complete shock for this final floor show like Melissa's filth, Vander's horror, Victoria's horror or Biqtch's filth. I feel like if either Dollya or Priscilla were competing in season two, they'd have been chopped before the final three.

Still, the crown had Landon's name since the beginning and I'm really happy such a talented king showed the world what drag kings have to offer.

Season two is still the best season, though.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
I suspect that Landon went super hard and nasty on these challenges because so much editing went into obscuring what he was doing. Whatever his Glamour performance was ended up incoherent.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was the right winner, very happy to see it.

This was my first season of Dragula... is the finale always like this? It felt so odd and abrupt. There are multiple shots in the episode of an empty workroom or just endless chatter but there's no judging of the final floor show, no deliberations and no reactions from the winner or the other two, really weird choices. Also, I feel like the folks making this show don't know exactly what show they want to make-- the tone is all over the map and it's trying to be like three different things. I think a more coherent approach to tone and replacing the Boulets with a more interesting and less awkward host and sticking them on the judging panel instead could really, really improve the show.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
That was the right winner, very happy to see it.

This was my first season of Dragula... is the finale always like this? It felt so odd and abrupt. There are multiple shots in the episode of an empty workroom or just endless chatter but there's no judging of the final floor show, no deliberations and no reactions from the winner or the other two, really weird choices. Also, I feel like the folks making this show don't know exactly what show they want to make-- the tone is all over the map and it's trying to be like three different things. I think a more coherent approach to tone and replacing the Boulets with a more interesting and less awkward host and sticking them on the judging panel instead could really, really improve the show.

The first and second finales were much better, editing-wise. The third season as a whole was a mess in regards to editing. You should go back and watch the second season, it's the best one to watch.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
*barges in a year late* Just finished season 3. What a fantastic show. This really is my kind of aesthetic, and the creativity is just so fun to watch. Landon really earned the win.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Oh God a bump and it's worthwhile

So it's basically an All-Stars/Casting Special?
And confirmation of Season 4 😏
Exciting. I have Shudder so I can't wait to watch!

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was going to hate it, a competition where there's no physical interaction between contestants.

That said, I really loved it. It was very well-made, everyone brought their A-game and the right winner was chosen.

Also, that post-credit scene had me gagging. I can't wait for season 4!

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It was well made and I agreed with the winner too. There were some really great looks from everyone - talent all over the place, but the winner really nailed the challenge briefs, I loved her ghost and vampire, really unique take. Victoria Black's were amazing too - completely agreed with judges her ghost was too visceral to communicate non-corporeal, but god it was a good zombie. Bring on S4.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
LOVED it. I really enjoyed the intimate peek into the lives of each contestant. Each one really made me care more about them. Priscilla transitioning? Loris and Honey Davenport? Kendra continuing to perform after her fire mishap? Slay, my queens!
The extended extermination scene was a lot of fun. I really thought it was close between the final two but the winner's ghost look was probably my favorite of the entire thing. Legitimately frightening.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Fantastic special I just finished it. A lot more emotional than I was expecting.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. Jade Jolie was NOT a name I would have predicted for Dragula. Excited to see what she can serve besides "Ahahahahahaha" and rainbows.
After the special I'm very interested in Saint. Though I'm curious how the post-credits surprise from the special will come into play. 👀
Surprised I actually recognize La Zavaleta from Instagram. I don't follow her but I follow some of her local crew like Megami who I LOVE.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Rooting for Sigourney Beaver and Hoso Terra Toma. Do you guys want a new thread for whenever the new season premieres?