• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
But wasn't

the first Seneschal you fight Savan from the game's prologue?

Aye

and his pawn is different here, too. Maybe they wanted a more relatable name and partner for the main character, or could be they just thought Savan's design was neat enough to reuse. I dunno, I just like the idea of this acting as a direct prequel to the game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm not feeling that trailer but I'm a big fan of the game. Guess we'll see

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Of course Arisen has to be a dude instead of a kickass buff woman. Also dead wife and unborn child. 🙄

Eh? 3D animators in Japan are paid better than 2D animators by a good margin, or so I've been told.
Yeah, it's a shame we can't get more female driven fantasy stories. On the off chance you haven't seen it, the writer/director of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex did Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit directly afterwards, and it was great:

b21b598744b4836680ee38b4cb8463e6b3187333.jpg

EDIT: It also has consistently great animation throughout, especially in the fight scenes:

Dub isn't very good though lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This anime style absolutely ruins it for me. It looks like a cheap YouTube fanimation, not a proper production.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
I''ll check it out, but i'm not expecting much. I do wonder if the anime will go the crazy places the story went in the video game? It seems like it's loosely following the same type of progression, though the story is different.

I absolutely loved Dragon's Dogma, and wish more people play it. Not just for its gameplay, but for the utterly insane twists that get thrown in to the story that completely re-contextualize everything about the world and your role in it. After the big swerve, I was like..."Did this game pull a Xenogears???"

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
I'm not even sure what timeline this is. The protag looks like the Arisen from the prologue but there's also characters from the actual story in the trailer. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

I'm no fan of CG Anime but after what Dorohedoro did and how good it was, I'm willing to give them more of a chance.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I'l be bummed if it doesn't at least play homage to the endless pawn chatter.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This looks way better than Berserk did, what are ya'll bangin' on about.

It's no Hoseki no Kuni but it still looks alright.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to place a bet its a
probably going to be an original take on the Daimon storyline from the dlc

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Man. The 3D monsters look like crap. Like mid 2000s just starting to get the hang of integrating 3D with 2D level anime crap. Why not make them cell shaded like all the other characters?

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Well this look really good for a CG anime!!

Dare I hope for a new game?

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Way too much CG. Makes it look cheap. They should use it sparingly or use it to complement the shot like in Dorohedoro or Beastars.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Looks horrendous. Wasn't exactly excited to begin with. This just made it an easy pass. Thanks Netflix.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
If Dragon's Dogma was missing anything, it was definitely a creatively bankrupt story about a man seeking vengeance for his dead family. This looks terrrrrrible.
For real. It'd be more disappointing if the visuals looked good, but this narrative choice makes it even easier to skip.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course the adaptation of a game famous for its diverse character creator and notorious romance system would make its protagonist a fuckin default ass straight white guy

Hard pass eat my ass

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Just why does it have to be 3d..

Not quite as bad as Berserk 2016 but going to echo the sentiment that its giving me the same vibe

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a big fan of 3D/CG anime but I adored the game and universe and will definitely give the show a chance.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Why are people compaing this to Berserk? It looks fine to me.

I'm not going to watch it though. DD didn't have an interesting plot and the protagonist seems incredibly generic. I think I'll just watch the last episode for the weird shit.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
has any studio try to do a mix of both? like I don't think I have problem with the human body is rendered in 3d, same with monster or robots, but I kinda want the face to be 2d animated so it's more expressive. these cg anime faces at this level of animation just look really distracting.
That's basically Land of the Lustrous:

cea.gif

883.gif

They ended up having to use a lot of drawn over expressions.

The not very good Berserk film trilogy also used a lot of 2D cuts for character acting.

Last edited:

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
am i the only one who like the art style and cg ?