• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not news. They already announced they were ending the series on the Cell arc a week ago.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Yeah they said episode 60 was the end awhile back

OP
OP
grand

grand

Oct 25, 2017
They were always playing around with re-animating the Buu Arc or continuing with shorts. This is the official end

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's okay. I liked that they did a parody of the best sagas even though I wasn't big on the finale.
Hope that this doesn't affect their viewer/sub count.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I was only there for DBZA. I don't really enjoy any of their other content, so I guess I won't be following them from now on.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I get that this is a massive part of their lives for a decade, but also this video is so damned funereal

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
The thread last week sounded like they were gonna do season 4 in the form of shorts. This video today sounds like they are not doing a season 4 and just ending DBZA. TFS are still doing their other projects

Oct 25, 2017
DBZA had a good run, but by the end was less of a parody and more trying to be a serious fandub. Time for me to unsub though, I have zero interest in the rest of their content. I understand they can't continue, it is what it is though.

Jul 24, 2018
No amount of senzu beans can cure the hole this news has left.. but they must do what is best for them, I hope they can stitch something new together that is just as fun

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Dude.

It's the most important thing they've ever done in their lives, professionally and creatively.
I was trying to emphasize that I got that, it was just a shock to see the video with this stark white-on-black thumbnail with Kaiser and Lani alone in a shadowy room talking like that.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Oh :(

I was really looking forward to their Buu Saga. This sucks...

I'm also going to be unsubscribing as their other content don't interest me

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
Must be hard to let something like that go, started watching when their first video came out and it's crazy to think they've been working on it this whole time.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I'm also going to unsubscribe, because aside from DBZA nothing they do has caught my interest.

A shame, I'll miss their take on the characters.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't looked into DBZ:A in years! I thought they would have dubbed the entire series by now. I didn't realize it was such an intensive and time consuming process. I want to say the first epsidoe came out in the late 00's some time?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I haven't looked into DBZ:A in years! I thought they would have dubbed the entire series by now. I didn't realize it was such an intensive and time consuming process. I want to say the first epsidoe came out in the late 00's some time?

They started doing way more shit than just dubbing over the characters. Writing the jokes and script alone probably took them a decent chunk of time but then they started putting in musical numbers and scene edits. They kept raising the standards for their work so the episodes started taking longer and longer to come out.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
That's a shame, but not surprising. I was psyched when they announced the Buu saga at the end of episode 60, and hoped the long break would do them and the project good. But over the course of last year it became increasingly clear they were ready to move onto other projects. I wish them all the best but I won't lie, part of me hopes they will at least do something with Gohan in high school. That mini-arc was made to be abridged.

Until then...

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
This decision was clearly not easy for them, and Scott's face at the end got me a little choked up too. They ended on a high note, and I wish it'd continue but I'm glad that they won't beat it into the ground if it's not in them anymore.

Though I really wish we got to see the Other World tournament, but oh well. Thanks for all the laughs.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
These guys were great and my head canon is that them showing how much interest there still was in the series is why Super even got made (don't think that's true at all but i like the idea of fans helping get that ball rolling). Wish them luck in the future, and unsubscribed since i don't like anything else they do

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
I never did understand how they were going to do Buu in the first place. The entire arc is self-aware comedy, there's nothing to lampoon that the actual script didn't already cover. Would've been trying to wring blood from a stone even if they weren't completely burnt out on the series.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Ok I'm not watching that whole video. Are they going to do an abridged series about anything else aside from FF7? Or more DBZ Shorts?

Because if all they're going to do is podcasts and top 12 lists...unsubbed.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wish they had just left it at them being burned out and not wanting to continue it if it was going to negatively impact their quality, which was a perfectly fine reason for them to tap out. All the other things they mention to try and justify why they didn't want to continue it just feels entirely unnecessary at best and grasping at straws at their worst.

Also they really need to stop forcing the Scrubs comparison. It was fine when they first brought it up, but now it seems like they don't actually get why it's not exactly the best comparison to what they are going through.

Oct 28, 2017
It feels so strange for them to talk about ending DBZA like it's a funeral when they have it a pretty good final set of episodes.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I'm not watching that whole video. Are they going to do an abridged series about anything else aside from FF7? Or more DBZ Shorts?

Because if all they're going to do is podcasts and top 12 lists...unsubbed.
Yes, they're continuing ShortZ, and a bunch of other projects, including the official dub of Hells (nevermind that's apparently long already done, derp), their live-action sketch series Unabridged, the animated series Fist Master, and stuff still yet to be announced...

But don't expect another abridged series. Much like Rooster Teeth post RvB, I think they're transitioning over to more original stuff.

Last edited:

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These guys were great and my head canon is that them showing how much interest there still was in the series is why Super even got made (don't think that's true at all but i like the idea of fans helping get that ball rolling). Wish them luck in the future, and unsubscribed since i don't like anything else they do
roller coaster of a post.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Not surprise since I went to watch the Kai Abridge and noticed the 3.5 one is gone right now due to Toei. Can't blame them for being tired of dealing with them. They are not going to do Bojack before moving on other projects through?

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Yes, they're continuing ShortZ, and a bunch of other projects, including the official dub of Hells, their live-action sketch series Unabridged, the animated series Fist Master, and stuff still yet to be announced...

But don't expect another abridged series. Much like Rooster Teeth post RvB, I think they're transitioning over to more original stuff.
Didn't Hells get dubbed liked 2 years ago?

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Why is that video so dark?

Its the biggest and most important project they've ever worked on in their lives and they're canceling it because of issues keeping the content online because of copyright problems constantly and it threatening their ability to produce and monetize content that doesn't run into these issues. The bulk of their fanbase is only there for DBZA (you can see the comments even in this thread that they're going to unsubscribe) and any decision they make threatens their future as creators. Its a pretty big pill to swallow no matter what they do and has to be extremely emotional for them.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprise since I went to watch the Kai Abridge and noticed the 3.5 one is gone right now due to Toei. Can't blame them for being tired of dealing with them. They are not going to do Bojack before moving on other projects through?
Bojack is pretty much the bump in the road that caused all this. There is a Q&A from November on their Youtube channel (which is also worth a watch next to the video in OP) where they said Bojack was like trying to get blood from a stone and nothing they could think of for it worked. As a result it left them burned out and you can see they never fully recovered from it even though they still got Abridged up to episode 60.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I wish them luck, but i do feel like they will be back in a few years with buu saga & possibly even super, it's simply too popular to walk away from forever, but i respect them for saying it's canned so people don't stay on their patreon hoping for the best.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017

Probably more due to Battle of Gods making 10x it's budget at the box office.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I love DBZA and Hellsing Abridged. Like others their other content doesn't grab me so I'm already unsubscribed.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the era of the Abridged series is coming to an end. I know they still exist, but there's so very few high quality ones now. Though, the copyright brigade breathing down everyone's necks probably doesn't help with that.

I'll still check out what TFS makes, I'm not going to unsubscribe.
If they still do DB ShortZ, I hope they move beyond post-Cell and do videos taking place during Buu and maybe even Super. Maybe even a joke video during the GT timeline. But we shall see.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Wish them luck as their numbers are gonna crater. Very few YouTube channels are able to pivot to content that's not what originally made them popular. Pretty sure the vast majority of the fan base don't know or care about the copyright issues or effort it takes to make, let alone the people making it.

Looking at their viewcounts, non dbza content like their podcast stuff barely scratch 100k with some not reaching even 50k. And their doing the typical BuzzFeed algorithm manipulating videos with all the 'List' videos that seems to be keeping them afloat. Maybe the FF7A will be their next hit as that gets a good amount of views, but I'm unsure of what the equalivant of their RWBY would be.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless if you like their other stuff or not... Don't be this guy.

Though Kaiser's reaction made it almost worth it: