• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twingsy

Oct 27, 2017
Moon
Recent V-Jump issue, aside from announcing more DLC in the form of Chronoa as a playable fighter, also saw mention that Xenoverse 2 has noq sold 6 million units on PC, XB1, PS4 and Switch.

On top of that, the game is heading to "next-generation" platforms, the magazine states. The Gematsu article unfortunately doesn't seem to state this, but the roykutya transcription does.

Source, Source

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
How can this game still be ongoing if we have FighterZ?

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There was a 1.5 year gap between the first game and the 2nd game...Xenoverse 2 gonna be 4 years old by the time the new consoels are out. O_o The game will never die!

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Damn I'm never going to get a xenovsrse 3, I hope one day they do another hd collection of older games. We got Budokai 1 and 3 HD but they're stuck on last gen but then never got the better or more unique 3D games like Budokai 2 or Tenkaichi 3.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Huh, Series X and PS5 Anime games? I wonder if we will finally get some amazing looking ones?

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know that Dragonball is a big name with lots of fans, but it's still interesting for me to see it sells more than things like Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know that Dragonball is a big name with lots of fans, but it's still interesting for me to see it sells more than things like Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V.

It's just a different game. If you want a DBZ game with a shit ton of content, Xenoverse 2 is the only option. DBFZ's story content is like four hours long and not really interesting. Meanwhile you could play for hundreds of hours in XV2 in singleplayer or with friends.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The amount of DLC and support this game has gotten is incredible. I never got any of the DLC, but it's great for those who keep playing it. It heading to next gen means it'll probably get even more DLC lol, wow.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

That's because those games require a much higher level of skill to be competent. Most arena fights are comparatively simple games kinda like Smash Bros. That isn't to say there is no learning curve in arena fighters and that you can't practice and get better, but the games are designed for a group of people to get together and casually fight each other with their favorite characters.

Nov 13, 2017
2c7bca898e5b30b792daa480bded22a7094c48d0.gif

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I really dislike Xenoverse 2 aesthetic, it's so.. oily and weird.
For real, what the fuck is that :
maxresdefault.jpg

I wish they would just release a Xenoverse 3 with Kakarot style visuals.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Recent V-Jump issue, aside from announcing more DLC in the form of Chronoa as a playable fighter, also saw mention that Xenoverse 2 has noq sold 6 million units on PC, XB1, PS4 and Switch.

On top of that, the game is heading to "next-generation" platforms, the magazine states. The Gematsu article unfortunately doesn't seem to state this, but the roykutya transcription does.

Source, Source

That's because the Ryokutya article doesn't say it's coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X. What you're reading is commentary from the blog, basically saying that at this rate (with all the updates, etc.), they wouldn't be surprised to see it come out on next-gen consoles as well.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
would have been all over xv3, but more 2 is snoozeville

oh, looks like this isn't confirmed?

come oooooooooon xv3

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's because the Ryokutya article doesn't say it's coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X. What you're reading is commentary from the blog, basically saying that at this rate (with all the updates, etc.), they wouldn't be surprised to see it come out on next-gen consoles as well.

Ah, makes sense. I thought they were winding down anyway really.

I expect XV3 next year or something.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's just a different game. If you want a DBZ game with a shit ton of content, Xenoverse 2 is the only option. DBFZ's story content is like four hours long and not really interesting. Meanwhile you could play for hundreds of hours in XV2 in singleplayer or with friends.
That's because those games require a much higher level of skill to be competent. Most arena fights are comparatively simple games kinda like Smash Bros. That isn't to say there is no learning curve in arena fighters and that you can't practice and get better, but the games are designed for a group of people to get together and casually fight each other with their favorite characters.
Thanks for information. Just watched some gameplay from Xenoverse 2 and it looks really fun! Sadly I don't know anything about Dragon Ball, except some jokes about calling consoles Vegeta, Piccolo and...!

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Xenoverse 2 felt like "more Xenoverse 1" to me so I'm not sure why people are itching for a Xenoverse 3....they'd probably just end up covering the same ground again. Xenoverse 2 continuing as an ongoing thing makes more sense to me.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Who's going to buy Xenoverse 2 on next gen platforms unless it gets such a significant upgrade/remake it's basically Xenoverse 2.5? The game has basically been dirt cheap (outside of the DLC and the music packs) for what seems like years now.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
The amount of DLC and support this game has gotten is incredible. I never got any of the DLC, but it's great for those who keep playing it. It heading to next gen means it'll probably get even more DLC lol, wow.
It's ridiculous how much DLC they made for this game! Why would they make one game have so many "packs?"

Just kidding,
mjjmEC7.gif

the single thing that doesn't say "owned" and has a price tag below it is a "pass" that comes with Extra Packs 1-4 (not sure why I bought those separately).

Oh sweet! I'll be able to play as Chronoa soon? I should actually play this game soon then, lol. 😪

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
https://xenoversemods.com/

Just going to shill our site here.

The game has had the ability to add entirely new character slots to the roster forever and because of that is one of the biggest modded games going. (outside of the traditional massive ones)

1541664347_1-1600x900.png

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Along with shader mods and a host of other QoL tweaks and reshade you can change XV2 into a entirely different beast.

PC also has the ability to restore the Switch Exclusive XV1 story mode

Status
Not open for further replies.