• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this was brought up in the announcement thread, but probably deserves it's own thread. just... wow SE, wow

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

I'd have thought they'd have added the switch improvements to the original build so they'd have a master version for posterity, but they just went with what's quickest

be real weird if this is the version that survives in the future. I guess given both versions are on the PC a modder will inevitably splice them together to some degree.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, the difference is minimal. You get superior music, QoL and new content.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
DQXIS is based on a later version of UE4 than the original, so I guess that makes sense. A shame, but at least we'll get all the extra content of the Switch version.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I would take the worse graphics if it means 60fps, since isnt happening, is going to be terrible

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow. Looks like I'm getting the original PS4 version after all. whats the fucking point SE?

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Is the content from the S versions worth it? If not, I might get the regular version just because of the graphics.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense considering they had to remake the game for Switch essentially.

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
I picked this up on Switch again yesterday to replay again and was gonna hold off until the PS4 version arrived. If it's going to have the same graphics as the switch version I'll just replay on switch.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be another case of Persona 3 where there isn't one definitive edition of the game for people to enjoy.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SE are the fucking worst. Charging PS4 and Steam players again for an inferior version of the game. I genuinely don't know how they keep fucking this series up over here.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
so buy the old version and the new version. have your controller send inputs to both games. have the visuals of the older version but the sound of the new version playing. bam, you get the best possible dragon quest experience.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Unless it's a lot worse in other areas this seems like an insanely nominal change. The lighting seems... slightly different? Some slight shader changes? The main character has a lower poly count on his feet? I'm having a hard time seeing why anyone is really upset here.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
The orchestral soundtrack still makes XI:S the superior way to play the game
but yeah that's kinda silly

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
I think I have a headache.

So basically, on consoles, the best one graphically remains the original PS4 release?

Leafhopper

Oct 25, 2017
I thought "It's a Switch port" was a joke. I figured they were just adding the S stuff to the original versions of said games and making people buy it again.

This is somehow worse.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, wouldn't the PC version (assuming it has a decent range of options) alleviate this issue?
No this is about altered textures and other things. To improve it Modders would have to port the original textures back into the new version of the game and make sure they are used probably. They would also have to improve the foliage density and character models. So they could fix it but I bet it would be a lot of work.