• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think gamescon is more likely than PAX to be the place where they announce the western release of the demo.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
actually having watched the trailer on my desktop now, this game is 720p as fuck. game's gonna look soft especially in handheld mode

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I adore this game, and can't wait to return to it once it hits the Switch, and this new trailer only makes the wait that much harder.

I also need to point out how fantastic Nintendo's push for Dragon Quest 11, and just the series in general, has been - from publishing and marketing all DQ games on the Switch themselves, to featuring them heavily in E3 and Nintendo Direct presentations, to getting the Luminary in Smash, and more.

I hope DQ11S is the series' breakout moment in the west.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played it on PS4 at launch but I'll definitely play it again on Switch.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful Trailer. I've bounced off final fantasy so many times, but I think Dragon Quest is looking a lot more promising for me.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I want to double dip but there's an absurd amount of new games I want to play. It looks fantastic and it is by far one of the best JRPGs I've played in a long time.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to double dip but there's an absurd amount of new games I want to play. It looks fantastic and it is by far one of the best JRPGs I've played in a long time.
I think the sheer amount of new content - like this is a P4G level upgrade - makes it worth your while if you enjoyed the base game.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Totally down for this day 1. I've never played a DQ game, but I've heard nothing but great things about this. The art style is beautiful and it sounds like this is gonna be the best version of the game.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I never played the initial release, nor am I much of a Dragon Quest fan in general, but I'm very much looking forward to picking this up.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any word on if we will ever see the S content on Playstation? I really enjoyed this game for like 100 hours on PS but I will not drop another 60 bucks to play it again....

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't preorder on the eshop I want to lock in my voucher :)

I'm hyped for Link's Awakening too, but I think that'll take a back seat to this. I've never played this. I've played every iteration of Link's Awakening, multiple times over. Polish is nice, but can't beat a new experience I think.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Worth noting in the UK on the eshop page it says you can use your Switch Online Game Vouchers towards it, however when you click through it's not in the list of games to select from. I'm assuming it will be very soon.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have comparison shots of that video vs the game running on a PS4?

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worth noting in the UK on the eshop page it says you can use your Switch Online Game Vouchers towards it, however when you click through it's not in the list of games to select from. I'm assuming it will be very soon.

That's because it's not available for pre-order yet. Once it is you will be able to use a voucher for it

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to decide between this and the ps4 version. I play mostly docked so do i want better visuals and bad music on my ps4 pro and 4k tv or better music and worse visuals on my switch

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Played through this on PS4 but I'm looking forward to playing the 16-Bit style version you can toggle to on Switch. Just hoping you can play that version for the entirety of the game. It'll be interesting how they handle the crafting elements for the retro version.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide between this and the ps4 version. I play mostly docked so do i want better visuals and bad music on my ps4 pro and 4k tv or better music and worse visuals on my switch
It's not just music, there is a bevy of content on the Switch version the PS4 version outright does not have yet.
That said, it's a gorgeous game, and if you want to see it in all its beauty, I get wanting to go for the PS4 version.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Man having the ability to play anywhere, I'm going to spend so many hours just playing Poker in bed, a true successor to Mario Picture Poker as the perfect late-night time waster.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One day I'll play this, but...gonna be knee deep in Borderlands. I'll get it sometime though!

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I can't imagine the difference in graphic quality being so much better to warrant the loss of all the extras that the Switch version will give. It's an easy decision for me, the game looks damn good in that trailer.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Any word on if we will ever see the S content on Playstation? I really enjoyed this game for like 100 hours on PS but I will not drop another 60 bucks to play it again....
Since Nintendo is publishing this version, we probably won't see any "S" content on PS. Nintendo most likely paid for those additions. I know, it sucks.. but at least the game is amazing

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I really couldn't get into DQXI when my friend lended me her copy of the game, but more power to those who click with it.

And speaking personally, if the series didn't get off the ground the half-a-dozen times Nintendo had pushed for the previous games in the NA market, I doubt it will be any different this go around.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I've tried Dragon Quest multiple times but it has yet to hook me. I'll probably pick this up when Black Friday sales start dropping and give the franchise one last go.

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I think it's looking like a rather impressive port, but all the footage looks like 720p docked, yeah? This trailer certainly does.

Just a bit worried about handheld visuals at this point since that's how I'm gonna play it the most, I hope we get the demo. Tho I guess I can always download it from the Japanese eshop.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Square Enix promoting a Nintendo Dragon Quest? DOES NOT COMPUTE

Seriously, I'm stunned. Hopefully we get info regarding the DLC.
yeah it's a bit weird since SE's social media accounts (even ones dedicated to DQ) still don't mention 11S. it was in their E3 conference tho so i guess it's not like they can't do it, it's just they prefer nintendo to handle most of the marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.