• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all killed Square Enix's website.
There's no way this is a separate SKU. I'd think with World of Final Fantasy Square Enix would have learned.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Figured if it was coming on XBox, there was no way it wasn't coming on PS4 and PC.

Any chance a mod will be made for New Game+? Would love to replay the game--but not if I have to start from scratch.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very happy more people will get to play this amazing game. Dragon Quest deserves to be as popular worldwide as it is in Japan, and it represents a style of JRPG that I want to continue. (Now if they could only get rid of a certain bigoted composer, then everything would be aces.)

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I was told by multiple people "Nintendo probably paid for the port so there's not a good chance it's going to come to Pc". So I bought it for $40 on Switch. God damn you guys lol.

I guess I'll wait to actually play more of it on PC because it has a fantastic art style I want to see in high res and the Switch port is a bit blurry and low res. Ugh.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
I knew I was right to wait and not buy the regular PS4 edition with the midi soundtrack.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I'm so torn about this... already own the Switch version, but haven't played yet. I like the idea of playing on Switch so I can play at night in bed, but then I like the idea of playing this game in 4K with better graphics as I LOVE the art-style...

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wanna stop my playthrough of XI on switch now to wait, but that will be the second time then that I've stopped playing to wait for a better version.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Y'all killed Square Enix's website.
There's no way this is a separate SKU. I'd think with World of Final Fantasy Square Enix would have learned.
Again, SE doesn't fully control DQ, unlike they do with FF.

I hope there's an upgrade path, but I would not assume it.

kiriku

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, the final superior version. Glad I waited, will play this through PC Game Pass!

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really happy about the separate SKU situation. I understand the situation is a bit of a mess in Japan for the PS4 version, given how outdated the engine is compared to the western release, but I wish there was an upgrade path "at least", if nothing else. But I somehow doubt they'll offer that. To me, that's honestly really shitty. I'm glad it's coming to other platforms, don't get me wrong, but the lack of upgrade paths (at least) is just...

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad it happens now I only payed it a few month ago and this would have made my experience better.

Because even with all the QoL and additional content, I don't think I'm ever going back to XI.
Game's an endless slog.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Hopefully the S upgrade is available for the base game on PS4 either as a patch or DLC. If it's another full game you need to buy I'll have to wait for a sale.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With this is X1 the definitive JRPG console of all time?

But seriously this is awesome but don't know if I want to play this all over again. If you already beat the game can you start with the new content?

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
That's... still PC. PC doesn't mean Steam.
"PC" these days is a nebulous term, though. It should refer to the storefront it uses rather than just the platform. PC could mean Windows 10 (Windows Store) or Steam or Origin, etc etc. I know it's a bit of a peeve of mine to see anything released on just "PC", but it's also a necessary thing at this point.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I still feel so dumb as a PS4 full price beta tester and torture victim of that awful midi OST. All this did was me not supporting a Dragon Quest game ever again at release and for full price.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
If you haven't played this you are seriously in for a treat. I played the vanilla PS4 version but am debating jumping back in for S at some point.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so torn about this... already own the Switch version, but haven't played yet. I like the idea of playing on Switch so I can play at night in bed, but then I like the idea of playing this game in 4K with better graphics as I LOVE the art-style...
4k with 60fps for the amazing monster animations makes it soooo good

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Wondering if this will end up being a "new release" like Persona 5 Royal or if they'll give the option to upgrade your purchase like with FFXV.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Is this using the higher quality character models/effects of the original PS4/PC release, or is it a straight port of the Switch version running at higher resolution?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I guess my royal edition update that I bought for $20 was fake then. Thanks for the warning.
They did. If you already owned the base game, the extra content in the Royal Edition could be (and still can be) bought as DLC for... I think $20.00? Not including the season pass of course.
They did. He is talking about FFXV royal edition. Same for World of FF.
my bad, i edited my post. i thought they meant persona 5 royal, not ff15 royal edition.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I still feel so dumb as a PS4 full price beta tester and torture victim of that awful midi OST. All this did was me not buying a Dragon Quest game ever again at release and for full price.

Yeah same. When they announce DQXII they have to address possible enhanced editions and how it will be handeled.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Is this using the higher quality character models/effects of the original PS4/PC release, or is it a straight port of the Switch version running at higher resolution?
Given that the original assets were hi res, why would you assume this lol.

It's the other way around. The high res assets were scaled down for the Switch.