• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic that it's coming to PC. I might pick this up, only DQ I've played is some of VIII.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not clear how it will happen, but I hope they don't pull a Royal on us and make this standalone...
It will be a standalone. and the quickest way I'll confirm that is the dipshit composer who'll make money off of it. Especially when he wants midi music in the games so he can sell a cd with orchestrated music separately.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
From the reaction here this is a big deal?

It is because historically DQ hasn't really been on the Xbox systems. That I can think of at least.

So getting a mainline game is pretty big for anyone who wants to play it on an Xbox system.

Also the S version is an enhanced version that was only on Switch, so it's cool seeing all the upgrades reach both PS4 and PC.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Wait...i have to rebuy the game again on PC for the S content? LMAO

Thank god for Gamepass

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Glad its coming to everyone. The OG is on sale right now. I wonder if there is a separate trophy list

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Thank you mods for quickly answering my title edit requests! Super appreciate it! :D

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I get the business strategy here. Sales struggle in the west. Releasing it over and over on new platforms works...

But as a fan, its been pretty annoying. I understand the moneyhat from Nintendo to get the year exclusive, but no reason there couldn't be a expansion type cost to original ps4 and steam users.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Well would you look at that it's almost like it was a timed exclusive like people were saying when Square wouldn't comment on it coming to other systems.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait.. Coming to ps4 too?
So... Do we get a free patch or do we have to rebuy? -.-

Gonna take a guess that we're not getting anything for free. It'll probably be a separate edition, and if they do an upgrade path, it'll probably be just slightly cheaper than just buying the S edition.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'll double dip on Steam when its on sale. I still haven't checked how much extra content it has though.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Separate SKU is horrible. They sold Royal edition as an update, the same should have happened here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
pretty sure this will be like Persona 5 Royal where it's a seperate SKU and not DLC

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
From the reaction here this is a big deal?
First mainline Dragon Quest game on Xbox (and Windows), Dragon Quest had and still has trouble finding a place in the west, so Square Enix putting it on Xbox, a totally western market, is indeed rather bold unexpected and huge. Also, what's so huge about it, is that it's the definitive "S" version, which was exclusive to the Nintendo Switch until now. And Square Enix until now talked about it like it would stay exclusive to the Switch. So yeah, there's a lot to unpack here lol, it's huge.
Congrats to Xbox for that.