• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gles

Aug 4, 2019
This game is amazing. I'm glad I waited for this version, playing in handheld mode is a dream.

And no input lag for me.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A couple hours in (just went to Derk's Shop) and really enjoying the game so far. If you are doing tactics instead of following orders, is it better to turn pep attacks to automatic or switch to manual and activate them yourself?

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm working towards dual wielding Boomerangs. I think the payoff will be worth it once everything's in place. Imagine...boomerangs everywhere hitting everything and everyone.
I got dual daggers but there seems to be a damage penalty on the second hand. and I'm not even sure it doubles my chances at landing status moves.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
I can't stand Veronica. I put her in the piglet outfit so I can laugh at her until I can remove her from my party.

nkphfQo.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat the boss of kingsbarrow on strong enemies mode. Took me 5 attempts.

The only way to do it ended up being to keep scorched earth on them (erik's pep power) and mostly focus on healing from both characters while it does the work, because usually someone dies if you don't spend all your time healing. Used pep consumables to keep scorched earth up.

So basically that + a bit of luck. Glad that's over, but if fights that stupidly difficult (that require grinding to overlevel, cheesing consumables, luck, and 5 attempts) are a normal thing I don't know if I can keep playing this game. The normal mode is too easy to be interesting so I won't take draconian off.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat the boss of kingsbarrow on strong enemies mode. Took me 5 attempts.

The only way to do it ended up being to keep scorched earth on them (erik's pep power) and mostly focus on healing from both characters while it does the work, because usually someone dies if you don't spend all your time healing. Used pep consumables to keep scorched earth up.

So basically that + a bit of luck. Glad that's over, but if fights that stupidly difficult (that require grinding to overlevel, cheesing consumables, luck, and 5 attempts) are a normal thing I don't know if I can keep playing this game. The normal mode is too easy to be interesting so I won't take draconian off.
Congrats !

Like I said earlier, Somnifer (is it called like that in the English version ?) is a very central move during the begining of the game.

Soon you'll be able to unlock Persecutter which will make a ton of damage if your foe is asleep. It makes most of the battles way easier.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Whoever thought making it a quest to have 3 specific characters be pepped up at the same time against a specific enemy was a good idea deserves jail time. I think I've leveled up like 4 times in Celestial Sands getting it to happen, even being able to swap out a pep'd up character to wait for the others to sync up is useless if Serena won't fucking ever pep up. Ahhhh.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, done with grinding. Both Eleven and Erik are lvl 10, Erik learned Rubblerouser and Sleeper Hit, everyone got great equipment through forging and my personal motivation is at an all time high. Time to beat the shit out of the boss. If I'm still going to fail, I'll throw the stupid cartirdge out of my apartment, go down and retrieve it, put it in my Switch and turn Draconian off. My ego is going to keep making fun of me for going back to normal mode, but guess I'll have to endure that...

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Whoever thought making it a quest to have 3 specific characters be pepped up at the same time against a specific enemy was a good idea deserves jail time. I think I've leveled up like 4 times in Celestial Sands getting it to happen, even being able to swap out a pep'd up character to wait for the others to sync up is useless if Serena won't fucking ever pep up. Ahhhh.

I 'cheated' a bit on a couple of these and used a pep drink thing, you get 5 of them from the free DLC.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
It's better to do that type of quests when you have 6 party members.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I heard the very first real boss in Gallopolis was a difficulty spike, even without Draconian mods, so myself playing full Draconian, I kinda overprepared myself for it.
That wasn't necessary, sure it did 40 + 80 damage per turns but with poisons and debuff, he didn't last long.
I was going to drop one or two modifiers if it was too hard but I heard the more you advance, the easier the game become, with one or two exceptions. At least until you complete the Draconian stuff and can remove them.
Got the boat not long ago and yeah, the game is easy mode right now, even with all Draconian modifiers, so I'm naked and my party randomly can't act.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Okay, done with grinding. Both Eleven and Erik are lvl 10, Erik learned Rubblerouser and Sleeper Hit, everyone got great equipment through forging and my personal motivation is at an all time high. Time to beat the shit out of the boss. If I'm still going to fail, I'll throw the stupid cartirdge out of my apartment, go down and retrieve it, put it in my Switch and turn Draconian off. My ego is going to keep making fun of me for going back to normal mode, but guess I'll have to endure that...

Do you have battle speed turned to Ultra? Might make the grind a bit more bearable.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
A couple hours in (just went to Derk's Shop) and really enjoying the game so far. If you are doing tactics instead of following orders, is it better to turn pep attacks to automatic or switch to manual and activate them yourself?
Early game leaving them automatic is fine, since it's usually just flat damage attacks. Late game you'll want to do manual since there are setups/debuffs/buffs/heals in addition to attacks, or pep powers for specific enemy types. This doesn't really come too much into effect until act 3 i'd say or if you're playing draconian quest.

Don't be afraid of just using tactics for grinding, it works 90% of the time in non-boss encounters until act 3 i'd say. This game is about relaxing and letting the grind flow through you, lol.

Last edited:

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Very tempted to jump back in for the 2D (put probably 150+ hours in on PS4) but decided to jump into Dragon quest 3 instead on switch since I haven't properly played it. Scratching my 2D itch for now but even just looking at this thread and seeing the character sprites fills me with such joy. Love the characters of XI so damn much

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Dont feel too bad. I played on Draconian hard and ened up turning it off too. Not that I had a lot of difficulties but because it felt like healing managment before I could even start debuffing and buffing and being able to do set ups. I think once you hit Gallopolis the difficulty is fine on normal.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Veronica is great.

I dont play JRPGs. FFXV was my first one that I completed. I liked it, but this blows it away so far.

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, first try and I won. Not sure if I was just lucky, but Sleeper Hit worked like every time.
I'm pretty glad that it went so well this time, but I don't like the fact that grinding was the solution more or less. I'll keep playing with Draconian on for now.

Also, now that I'm done with Kingsbarrow, how long until I reach that notorious difficulty spike boss?

Do you have battle speed turned to Ultra? Might make the grind a bit more bearable.
Yeah, I have the fastest speed turned on. Grinding wasn't too time consuming.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, first try and I won. Not sure if I was just lucky, but Sleeper Hit worked like every time.
I'm pretty glad that it went so well this time, but I don't like the fact that grinding was the solution more or less. I'll keep playing with Draconian on for now.

Also, now that I'm done with Kingsbarrow, how long until I reach that notorious difficulty spike boss?

Yeah, I have the fastest speed turned on. Grinding wasn't too time consuming.
More than level, I think Sleeper hit was indeed the key of your win. The game gives you 5 Skill Seed at the begining if you want to avoid grinding too much levels.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Veronica is awesome. Gonna be so hard to choose who's getting on the bench first :/ I love everyone lol

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
I just barely met Veronica and we're off to find her sister right now. When do I start getting alternative costumes for my party?

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
Is dragon slash worth it? Costs a lot of skill points. Are there any dragon enemies early on?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to
The part where you meet your grandpa in the past version of cobblestone
And my gosh does the orchestral music really elevate the game and give the story parts so much more emotion. It feels like I'm playing a completely different game then the PS4 version I put 150 hours into. 💕

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
My game crashed taking a screenshot at the end of the downtown heliodor section so I lost 20 mns of progress :<

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just barely met Veronica and we're off to find her sister right now. When do I start getting alternative costumes for my party?

There should already be 3 if you download the DLC (For Hero, Veronica and Erik). At least there was for me, not sure if there were any additional requirements for that

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
I love this version of the game. I have it on PS4 and on PC, but this is by far the best iteration I've played thanks to the small QOL improvements and meaningful additions. It's a shame the crossbow mini game had to be removed.

kotowaru

Jan 14, 2018
I love this version of the game. I have it on PS4 and on PC, but this is by far the best iteration I've played thanks to the small QOL improvements and meaningful additions. It's a shame the crossbow mini game had to be removed.

Damn, it was cut? I'm in front of Bo right now trying to figure out why it wasn't activating. I was looking forward to those extra seeds....

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
There should already be 3 if you download the DLC (For Hero, Veronica and Erik). At least there was for me, not sure if there were any additional requirements for that

Huh? There's only one downloadable DLC pack when you buy it for the switch and I got that. It was free

I don't have any pieces of attire to put on in my inventory with a little shine sprite to indicate it alters your appearance. What are the pieces of attire called?

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Finished up in Octagonia, I LOVED that arc
though Vince seemed to have gotten off awfully light for sacrificing people to a monster...

I'm honestly obsessed with this game. The world is INCREDIBLE. It's EXACTLY what I dreamed of as a next gen sequel for 8 back in the day. It took FOREVER to get it, but I finally got what I wanted: a gorgeous, diverse world to explore. So many gorgeous vistas, and I LOVE how you've got cute inns in the middle of nowhere, like in 8, to help make this world actually lived in.

I cannot wait to see what happens next. And I've been neglecting the 2D levels since the first one, I need to go and do those but I keep wanting to progress the main story.

Last edited: