• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
for a summary of the new features revealed previously, see these threads and their threadmarks:

the official website was updated today, adding information about the new story content (translation by gematsu):

- go on an adventure where each character becomes the protagonist of their own story. Talk to people, explore, find treasure, and fight against formidable foes in a unique new story experience.
- from the perspective of each character, find out what happened during the point in the game when the party ends up separated and scattered across the world.
- while some stories have you go at it alone, other stories will have you lead new parties

screenshots (link):
012b8kbm.jpg

013q1j3d.jpg

01498j2i.jpg

015m2jqc.jpg

0164lkg9.jpg

info about the specific stories:

Erik and the Mysterious Partner: Erik is imprisoned in the monsters' hideout. He seems to be planning an escape with a Healslime named Homirin.
01843jmu.jpg

017opknv.jpg

The Traveling Performer of Hope: Sylvando visits Gondolia, where he comes across people being harassed by thieves, so he takes action to turn things around.
020owkep.jpg

019syk50.jpg

The Noble War Princess Jade: Jade, who visits Octagonia, is imprisoned in another world by Booga…
021e1kdi.jpg

022osk8o.jpg

Rab and the Kingdom of Fortune: Rab, who charges at a bunny he runs into in a mysterious world, ends up at an unexpected and nostalgic place…
0234ikko.jpg

024d9jzn.jpg

A Hendrik and Jasper Story: A dark shadow appears in Heliodor Castle. Hendrick calls to the shadow and says, "…is that you, Jasper?"
02593j7g.jpg

026gmk0a.jpg

Last edited:

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is more than just definitive edition lol. It's like Persona 5 Royale treatment.

I guess I'm double dipping on DQXI.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
How much are they adding to this version of the game? :O

Glad I waited for this one

There seems to be an insane amount of new content! Can't wait!

I'm 30 hours in the PC version (but not that far over draconian difficulty) and I'm holding off for the Switch version for bonus content. I'll also end up playing it more since it's much easier for me to throw myself on the couch after work instead of sitting at my PC.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The game is already a bit bloated, not sure if so much additional content is actually a "good" thing. Would have rather seen this in a DLC or sequel (think Dragon Quest XI-2). But this type of re-releases isn't new and a good way to milk a successful game I guess. I still actually interested in it because of the 2D features. But not sure if I can get through 100+ hours of content again. Still have to finish the last act in the PS4-version.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
That's a good point. Are people as pissed about Persona 5 having a seperate Royal version without the extras being DLC? I don't like the game, so I haven't been following it,.

Nah people are honestly upset because for this multi-platform game, only one platform is getting all of these bonuses.

Having said that, with the amount of new content being added to this, I'd be VERY surprised if it never arrived to PS4/PC too.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who bought this day one on ps4 but couldn't play it much, I can not wait to use my second Nintendo voucher on this after using one for DQ builders 2.

Only two things that worry me are performance, though being an RPG I can deal with drops.
And from the little I played on ps4, the game was either two easy on normal or hit difficulty bumps with bosses (slayer of sands!) when playing with the 'hard mode'.

Though none of those matter as I found everything about it to be so charming and a great evolution of the 16bit jrpgs I loved.
Might just play through on normal and enjoy the ride. Plus the effort and extras they have added makes it look even better.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
There seems to be an insane amount of new content! Can't wait!

I'm 30 hours in the PC version (but not that far over draconian difficulty) and I'm holding off for the Switch version for bonus content. I'll also end up playing it more since it's much easier for me to throw myself on the couch after work instead of sitting at my PC.

That's exactly what I am planning to do, I absolutely love the ability to play long-arse games where ever I want. DQXI seems like a super fit for the Switch.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
A bit more content than I thought.

I was thinking what the characters were doing between Act 1 and Act 2. An hour or two tops.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like they are reusing a lot of characters from the main game. Why the hell is Ooga Booga bag or what ever the hell his name is? His appearance in the main game was taseless enough. Terrible character and story for Jade.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
can we please get one single thread about this game not derailed with patch/dlc talk for other versions?

To be fair. Sqaure Enix deserves a shit ton of flak for this move. This isn't a persona 5 situation where switch users were upset over a version that never existed in the first place. This is about fucking over day one buyers.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played a Dragon Quest game, and I was just mulling around the possibility of buying the original version, like, twenty minutes ago. But maybe I'll wait for the Switch version.

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, I can't wait for this game to release. Best decision to wait for this version.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I've literally platinumed the game twice, but this is like my absolute favourite thing in RPGs... Eugh >.<!

DQ team too generous.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
can we please get one single thread about this game not derailed with patch/dlc talk for other versions?
Call it karma for all the different game announcements threads asking where is the Switch version.

Consider is lucky its only one game and not multiple games what everyone else had to put up with.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair. Sqaure Enix deserves a shit ton of flak for this move. This isn't a persona 5 situation where switch users were upset over a version that never existed in the first place. This is about fucking over day one buyers.
ignoring switch, didn't atlus fuck over day 1 persona buyers by not offering the new content as dlc and making people buy a whole new game?

Oct 25, 2017
Adding extra content to incentivise people to buy the game on a different platform two years after it's original release isn't fucking over day one buyers lmao
I will say how they handled their output of this game in such a way that it literally prevents them from doing it easily is pretty bad. Making every subsequent release on a more updated version of Unreal 4 while at the same time not being skilled enough to port content back to an earlier version or vice versa.

Now that said, this is what I was hoping for when they talked about side content for the characters. I was expecting the Luminary to be the main person helping them, but I was hoping for this.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I will say how they handled their output of this game in such a way that it literally prevents them from doing it easily is pretty bad. Making every subsequent release on a more updated version of Unreal 4 while at the same time not being skilled enough to port content back to an earlier version or vice versa.

Now that said, this is what I was hoping for when they talked about side content for the characters. I was expecting the Luminary to be the main person helping them, but I was hoping for this.

Not doing it doesn't mean they're not "skilled enough" to do it. I mean, what?

Oct 25, 2017
Not doing it doesn't mean they're not "skilled enough" to do it. I mean, what?
No that's literally the main reason why every single release of Dragon Quest XI had to be remade and updated with new content. Because the team could not competently port over their assets onto a newer version of the engine. It's why the US PS4 version has the english voice acting and some QoL updates and the Japanese PS4 version does not. And it still doesn't.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
No that's literally the main reason why every single release of Dragon Quest XI had to be remade and updated with new content. Because the team could not competently port over their assets onto a newer version of the engine. It's why the US PS4 version has the english voice acting and QoL updates and the Japanese PS4 version does not. And it still doesn't.

This sounds like an awful lot of assumption to be honest.

Gale Moran

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
It's weird that people complain so much about this, but not the 'unique benefits for PS4 owners'' Avengers gets, or the COD dlc stuff. I suppose PS4 owners are not used to getting inferior versions.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
This is incredible. I loved it on ps4, and I was thinking I would not get the switch version. But this just sounds too awesome.

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Link's Awakening is barely hanging on to my last voucher. They're so damn close on selling me, this sounds amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.