• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Dragon Quest I-III, it would be nice if you can download Dragon Quest I-III after you completed Dragon Quest XI S, like how Square Enix allows players in Japan to download Dragon Quest I-III after finishing Dragon Quest XI on the PlayStation 4 or the Nintendo 3DS.
Yeah I'm crossing my fingers for that. Hopefully they get announced soon for Japan and Nintendo considers them worth publishing in the west; all three are fully translated on mobile already after all.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Dragon Quest I-III, it would be nice if you can download Dragon Quest I-III after you completed Dragon Quest XI S, like how Square Enix allows players in Japan to download Dragon Quest I-III after finishing Dragon Quest XI on the PlayStation 4 or the Nintendo 3DS.

Quick correction: Dragon Quest (the first one) was offered as a free download for those who completed the game on PS4 within the first year of its release. While I don't believe the 3DS version had this, eventually all three games would be made available for purchase on both platforms.

I don't think Switch has a system that can easily allow for this, unfortunately, but hopefully the games can be ported and made available, at least for purchase. I'm also kinda hoping they fix the whole missing moving sprites issues that the 3rd game had (while ports aren't perfect, they're serviceable, and I hope that and maybe couple other issues get patched).

I'm hoping this eventually does lead to more older generation Dragon Quest games on modern platforms.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish SE would produce a faithful port of SNES DQ3 already. It's by far the best version of the game to this day and the mobile/3DS/PS4 one is just a botched conversion of it.

The most legendary entry deserves much better.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
It's really weird to me that SE hasn't ported the DQ1, 3, 4 remakes like they did for the PS4/3DS. Seems like it'd be good in anticipation of this.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Probably going to use of my vouchers to day 1 this. Can't wait.

I really wish SE would produce a faithful port of SNES DQ3 already. It's by far the best version of the game to this day and the mobile/3DS/PS4 one is just a botched conversion of it.

The most legendary entry deserves much better.

So in your opinion would be more worthwhile to play a translated version of SNES DQ3 than get the mobile version? I was actually going buy the mobile version but if the SNES version is better, well...

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
It's really weird to me that SE hasn't ported the DQ1, 3, 4 remakes like they did for the PS4/3DS. Seems like it'd be good in anticipation of this.

Nah. Why would you wanna go and do a thing like that. "Oh my god smash hype oh my god first time the original DQ games available on a nintendo console in God knows when, oh my god!!!!"

I know Dragon Quest has let them down in sales expectations many times but its partly because they dont fucking believe in it and never take advantage of timing opportunities like this. How the fuck you put DQ in smash, do badass switch version of 11 and then not at the very least try and scam some port sales. Even the shittiest port they can muster.

I dont know why they bother putting the games out in English at all when they handle it so ineptly and shyly every time.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gamexplain had 10mins of direct feed footage, so I expect them to allow for it
that was part of a preview event where they let some gaming websites/channels preview astral chain, daemon x machina and DQXI S. i'm not sure how gamescon works and if it's just open for public or if the gaming press get to do longer demos where they can capture footage or not.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that was part of a preview event where they let some gaming websites/channels preview astral chain, daemon x machina and DQXI S. i'm not sure how gamescon works and if it's just open for public or if the gaming press get to do longer demos where they can capture footage or not.
It's open to the public and the press gets scheduled time. Whether or not footage can be captured is up to the publisher. But Gamexplain's footage seems to signal a start of press impressions, just like Astral Chain.

Also, The Witcher will be playable! Yay

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great to see Nintendo is serious about promoting the game here. Definitely more than what can be said of SE's marketing last year lol
it deserves a full remake in 11's engine but i guess they already started work on 12. i was hoping they'd do a remake before 12 :(
Yeah people were really sure a remake would follow XI but guess not. I still think it'll eventually happen, but I wonder what form it'll take...
Probably going to use of my vouchers to day 1 this. Can't wait.

So in your opinion would be more worthwhile to play a translated version of SNES DQ3 than get the mobile version? I was actually going buy the mobile version but if the SNES version is better, well...
The mobile version has the better translation of course, but the SNES one is better overall. The mobile one is essentially the SNES remake except with slightly modified character sprites, no enemy animations during battles and no pachisi mini game (a board game that is extremely fun). The incredible looking intro is also removed.

Now it does feature an orchestrated soundtrack (either that or very high quality synth, I'm not sure), but the SNES soundtrack is fantastic and fits the visual better, IMO, so it's not necessarily an upgrade.

I suggest you look up gameplay of both, maybe the changes won't bother you.

Status
Not open for further replies.