• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
I beat the 3DS version in 116 hours, and the more content they add, the more I'm scared to pick it up. I don't want to play 150 hours or anything!

Also, affects not many, but US version is English only, Japanese version is Japanese only. Was thinking of playing it in English, but don't want to have Japanese as not an option.

I'll prob buy the voice DLC.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Holy shit that's so much new content! This is how you do a definitive edition. I was already double-dipping (had it on 3DS) but I'd happily pay more than the normal retail price for this even The more I learn about it, the more I feel this is going to become my #1 game of all time.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I beat the 3DS version in 116 hours, and the more content they add, the more I'm scared to pick it up. I don't want to play 150 hours or anything!

Also, affects not many, but US version is English only, Japanese version is Japanese only. Was thinking of playing it in English, but don't want to have Japanese as not an option.

I'll prob buy the voice DLC.

The gorgeous version includes English DLC. And you can use your save passcode to transfer your progress from 3DS to switch.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
I was thinking I'd play the 3DS version of 8 before this releases. Get myself in the mode.
I just finished the 3DS version of VIII in preparation for this! It's an incredible game, so so good and the 3DS version is fantastic. I would recommend hacking your 3DS and getting the orchestral music patch though, improves the game a lot.

Lightning1981

Mar 31, 2019
I platinumed the ps4 version which I already felt was way too long and refused too much stuff and became too redundant and repetitive so more content is not so appealing for me.

The music upgrade, additional options on marriage not limiting it to Gemma etc though. That's the big deal for me. Still debating whether or not to buy this again as I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as P5 but depending on price I probably still will in the end.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Me right now:
869801.gif

I'm not kidding, please send help!

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
My first child is going to be born when this releases. I can see an awful lot of handheld usage for this :P

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
User warned: ignoring staff post
Call it karma for all the different game announcements threads asking where is the Switch version.

Consider is lucky its only one game and not multiple games what everyone else had to put up with.

Karma would be if everybody asking for the ps4/pc patch got a warning/ban.

But that isnt happening, since mods have different standarts for different platforms.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest disappointment with this game is that it's not releasing earlier. I was hoping for a summer release.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Is september not summer ?

With the release of Switch Lite on the same day, i could not imagine a better day, besides moving up both that and Switch Lite a month together.

Feb 5, 2018
That's a good point. Are people as pissed about Persona 5 having a seperate Royal version without the extras being DLC? I don't like the game, so I haven't been following it,.

I have to admit that it IS annoying to me this day and age that companies can still get away with exclusive rereleases.

For DQXIS, its console exclusivity and it was never released on switch, so whatever. For Royal, they are claiming the DLC would be too huge and would change the game too much, so you have to buy the whole game again.

Funny, because Monster Hunter World is getting Iceborne and I'm like 200% sure that game is changing up many things about its gameplay, adding double the originals content, and more, but I can spend 40 on the expansion to add to the game I already own, not rebuy the same game. Hell, Capcom USED to shill with these titles before it went big with World. It wasn't a problem here per say, but Japan had to rebuy each MH game to get the better version a year later.

And for people after this who are going to claim Persona 5 has more content than any MH Game, lemme just stop you right there and say there is no competition. World may be the "smallest" MH game, yet it still quite literally takes over 200 hours to do every quest and questline. Iceborne will probably double that especially with their history with G rank games in the first place.

So slight annoyances at Atlus and Square for doing this. Its classic shilling.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
God I cannot wait for this. DQ games cannot have too much content for me, that's why DQVII is one of my favorites, and I only put in 250 hours (per playthrough).

Saving my last voucher for this.

My first child is going to be born when this releases. I can see an awful lot of handheld usage for this :P

Congratulations! As a relatively new dad I can confirm handheld mode + huge RPG will be a godsend.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
and they still aren't offering this as a DLC pack for PS4 huh? :/
Course they won't even mention it as a possibility for other versions until the switch own is out, why cut into their own sales? If this ends up as dlc for PC/ps4/3ds itll happen a while after launch

If and when this comes out on pc, I'm day one

I'm curious to see how they fit this all into a switch cart? Or have they already said they will require a download?

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Zero chance I'm touching this. Game had well overstayed it's welcome by the time I got my platinum. I have serious reservations about buying the next game, for reasons we're not allowed to discuss here.

Feb 16, 2018
Damn I think I'm double dipping on this, dq11 is one of my favorite rpgs of the gen. Plus I'm in dq mood with builders 2.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
My first child was born one week before the PS4 release. I did a lot of remote playing while he slept on me. Switch would have been so much better and more convenient.

I have so much nostalgia for this game because of that time period, I think. No time to replay now, but I'll definitely get the switch version in the future. Years from now he'll be able to play it!

Also, congrats!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Those short stories looks to be more extensive than I though they would be, should be a nice way to know more about your party members.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this really is the definitive edition. Adding so much that the fps/resolution hit is negligible just from the perspective of additional content.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
Short stories of protagonists, nice! Basically just like PMD Explorers of Sky, which is also the definitive edition of Time/Darkness. More definitive editions should be doing things like this.

Nykyrian_Q

Oct 27, 2017
September is so far away! But there are no games I'm interested in in October, so I'll have this, FE:3H, and probably Astral Chain until Pokémon. Regardless, I think I'll be good if there's another slow start to 2020.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Both me and my friend have preordered this, can't wait to play it and so glad I didn't on PS4. Lent him Xenoblade 2 but he hasn't a hope in heck of finishing that in time. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.