• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
LOL! Still more expensive than elsewhere.

Well with MSRP's going to $70 this gen maybe there will finally be parity with the Switch versions of games? There's usually a $10 Nintendo tax so that'll all even out, right? Until Nintendo starts charging $70 on first party titles....probably with the Switch 2

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California

ew8MEuu.gif

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not buying a game available for much cheaper on other platforms for more. Not a god damn chance.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Lol fuck off Nintendo. DQ Builders 2 is $20 on PS4.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Been waiting on DQB2 to be half off like it was in EU last year but it will never happen. I will just never play it I guess. My "but" price is $20 now and if gets to June it will be $10.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
That nice but it still cheaper on other platforms lol. I'll continue to wait patiently for it to drop in price some more. Would like to continue playing after my time with the demo in my bed.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It's $20 physical on PS4.

Steam version is still $60 though, oof.
Nintendo forced to price drop and still more expensive.🤡

Is it $20 officially on PS4 or is that retailers cutting the price to offload excess stock?
Pretty sure its retailers cutting prices as loss leaders or to get rid of stock in the case of older games.

I buy lots of games physical on a pre-order basis because they can be found up to $20 cheaper on Amazon sometimes, that's not the true MSRP.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
its a fact that discount isn't much as NA eshop does not have a a sale yet iirc for DQXIS and DQB2 has a season pass , both games should be 39.99 for the holiday season if possible

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
Ah, so then yes, the price at the time of release is definitely justified. Maybe sound quality still holds up today.
There was actually more to it than the soundtrack. The "New Features" section of the XI S OT has more details, and it was ported using a newer version of Unreal. The complaints about it now is because the publisher for Switch (Nintendo) isn't dropping the price to match the recently released PC/Xbox One/PS4 ports ($39.99, so a $10 Switch tax).

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure its retailers cutting prices as loss leaders or to get rid of stock in the case of older games.

I buy lots of games physical on a pre-order basis because they can be found up to $20 cheaper on Amazon sometimes, that's not the true MSRP.

Well it's also $20 on the official Square Enix Store.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The price for Dragon Quest Builders 2 was dropped on PSN to $39.99 (US):

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2

DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 is a block-building role-playing game with a charming single player campaign and a robust multiplayer building mode that supports up to four players online. Create your customized builder and set off to revive a forsaken world alongside a mysterious companion named...

Still $60 on Steam.