• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the game is 40 bucks on other platforms now, right? nintendo should permanently drop the price to match those versions.

It was last on sale during the would be "E3 week" for 30% off. Still better than nothing if you missed it.

They are in the west as is tradition since... Dragon Quest IX on DS I think?
they published the first game on NES in NA.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
:O Nintendo published Switch game getting price drops? Probably a Square Enix-mandated one to match price with the other releases of DQXIS, but still, awesome.

edit: lmao nevermind it's still more expensive on switch

Also: Buy DQB2! Too many people slept on that game.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
wonder what's driving this? competition on other systems finally being there?

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile the PS4 / Xbox One / PC versions of Dragon Quest XI S that *just* launched are $39.99.

Edit: And Dragon Quest Builders 2 for PS4 is $19.99.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or I could get the game for $40 and play at 60FPS with a higher resolution.

Why isn't the permanent price drop a match for the other versions? Oh yeah, it is square-enix after all...

Nov 13, 2017
They botched the release of this game. It should have been $30 and released the same week as Hero did for Smash. They waited too long and the hype died.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: And Dragon Quest Builders 2 for PS4 is $19.99.
Meanwhile in Steam 😥

f12V6Th.png

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Nintendo forced to price drop and still more expensive.🤡

Is it $20 officially on PS4 or is that retailers cutting the price to offload excess stock?

It's been $20 on PS4 for the longest time but though SE published the PS4 version out West, while Nintendo paid most of the publishing rights for DB2 and DQXIS on Switch. Could be wrong and probably a reason why the Switch pricing is high.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't say, but physical is $20 everywhere.
Digital is still $40 though.

The fact that digital is still $40 would indicate it's to clear stock but the SE Store having it for $20 would indicate it's official I guess. Weird...

It's been $20 on PS4 for the longest time but though SE published the PS4 version out West, while Nintendo paid most of the publishing rights for DB2 and DQXIS on Switch. Could be wrong and probably a reason why the Switch pricing is high.

Yes, Nintendo has to publish Dragon Quest on their platforms. Hard to say whether this is just Nintendo stinginess or because of whatever profit sharing agreement they have.

Would be nice if Square Enix could just publish their own games....

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
DQXIS on Switch. Could be wrong and probably a reason why the Switch pricing is high.
I wanted to get a correct answer on this. Back then, during the time of the release for the Switch, were there some controversies involving the audio quality, and thus, the pricing at the time was justified?

Otherwise, what was the audio quality issue that Dragon Quest had?

NamikazeBurst

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting to get DQB2 on Switch and passing up the PS4 version. It's constantly gone on sale on PS4 in Canada for like $25, but the Switch has like never been below $60. I love when Nintendo publishes multiplatform games just so that the price doesn't go lower. Gonna get the PS4 version next time it's in the $20 range.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Are these the first Nintendo published Switch game that have gotten OFFICIAL price drops? Like I know there has been stuff like Sushi Strikers which has been on clearance but iirc that's still its original price on the eshop.