• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
My performance is good, hitting 60 with no problems. My issue so far is that even at its max the anti-aliasing is not that effective for me, and forcing it with the AMD drivers doesn't do a thing.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Does remapping the confirm button to A also change the jump button to A for everyone here? For me, the jump stays on B for some reason. Is there a manual way to remap jump in the .ini files?

Any idea what each post processing setting actually does?

At a glance:
1 seems to add ambient occlusion
2 adds bloom in outdoor locations
3 further improves AO

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Any 4K screens with the grass to see if increasing the resolution can solve the shimmering ?
It does help but it doesn't eliminate it

There isn't any FSAA or TAA or anything going on and I haven't found any way to force that or SSAA, post processing might have some FXAA or something similar not sure

At 4K it's definitely better, and reshade SMAA helps a smidge

Tbh comparing the PS4 and PC versions myself and PC at 4K the difference isn't that huge

That said PC will be my main because the difference is still nice with the resolution bump and it seems to handle between 40 to 60 frames fine on a 1080 ti, probably improve with patches maybe

And reshade MXAO works really well with this, depth buffer is completely accessible and the added AO on top of the AO that's already there looks pretty schweet

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Runs good on my 390 and I5 6500 so far, I'm only an hour in so things could change but with all settings maxed I'm getting a fairly solid 1080p/60fps with only a couple drops here and there. Hopefully performance will be similar in the larger towns.
Thanks for sharing! I have the same gpu but running with a 6600. Can't wait to try this later.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
There is a camera speed setting in the options, indoor/outdoor. I maxed it on both and it's acceptable, still not super fast though.

Yeah, I've maxed those out and it's still a bit too slow for me. Just coming off of MHW where I've got it at a ridiculous speed might not be helping :')

SleepSmasher

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
User Warned: “Lazy Dev” Rhetoric. Please review our FAQ.
Is it just me or the anti aliasing settings make absolutely no difference whatsoever? Just cycled between the 6 (!) stupid numbered options and they all look the same.

How the hell is this UE4 and there's no TAA?
Why does pressing ESC instantly minimizes the game?
Why are all graphical settings lazily named?
Where's the fucking 21:9 support?
Why custom resolutions are not showing up in game?

How fucking lazy and incompetent a company can be. Jesus Christ. And people are calling this a "good port"? The fact it runs *reasonably* well isn't enough to save this port from dumpster fire territory. No wonder they didn't show this version, AT ALL, until today's release.

Gizamaluke

Oct 28, 2017
Is it just me or the anti aliasing settings make absolutely no difference whatsoever? Just cycled between the 6 (!) stupid numbered options and they all look the same.

How fucking lazy and incompetent a company can be. Jesus Christ. And people are calling this a "good port"? The fact it runs *reasonably* well isn't enough to save this port from dumpster fire territory. No wonder they didn't show this version, AT ALL, until today's release.

Your points are fair, but that vitriol!

Anyway, I dumped the PS4 Pro version after an hour cos it felt so sluggish and there seemed to be very little if any AA and the PC version looks and runs SO much better. For that reason alone I'm happy enough with it.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Playing at 1080@60 with all settings at max (GTX 980, i7 4790k, 16 Gb RAM), and the performance is "tolerable". There are fps drops in the "transition" areas, like going from a street to the main square in the big city, but nothing bad (it goes from 60 to 50 or so).

On the other hand, there's some popping here and there, some shadows/light sources flicker some times but nothing too bad. Game looks gorgeous, I hope that SE launches some patch to iron the performance.

sawatsu

Oct 29, 2017

It runs and looks better than the PS4 version and also works well on a wide range of systems, without any bugs. Definitely not dumpster fire

Oct 26, 2017

This port is in no way a "dumpster fire." It's kind of ludicrous to say so. Not having a specific kind of AA, not natively supporting custom resolutions or 21:9, and having vague options are issues, to be sure. I hope they are addressed as well. I'll even add that I wish it had support for higher framerates.

But, as a long-time PC gamer, I've seen some shit, man. This port doesn't even register on my "bad PC port" radar.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Playing at 1080/60 with max settings, no noticeable drops.

i7 6700K (not overclocked)
GTX 1060 ROG Strix OC edition
16GB DDR4 3200

I put it on my hybrid SSD because I'm not sure I need to put it on my SSD. There aren't any load times or anything. I hear loading is long on console? Doesn't really exist for me on the PC version, so that's pretty rad.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm real annoyed they didn't put in an option to disable the Mini-map and the location name in the upper left corner. Not only are they not really helpful in this game, but it's real bad news for my OLED. I really hope a mod can change this, but I have a feeling it's all tied into the same HUD and disabling them would disable everything including menus.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Why do I only get 30 - 45fps at 1440p with my RX480 8Go ? :( From what I'm reading here I should get more, that's weird.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
Anyone know what I might expect to get with the following?

Intel Core i7 @ 2.50GHz
16.0GB RAM
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The only real downer I've encountered so far is what seems like streaming issue... The frame rate will occasionally drop to something around mid 40s for me for a second and then recover to 60 afterwards. In the central square of the first proper city, for example. As I run up to it, it'll hitch for a moment and then it's back to 60 as usual.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

You bought niche aspect ratio monitor you get niche support. Not all developers have time and resources to implement 21:9 and bug test entire game to make sure there are no issues.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Doing driver based half refresh vsync for 30fps is making the game super stuttery. This sucks as I've been instructed that is the ideal way to get proper framepaced 30fps, whereas in-game locks or even RTSS can give improper framepacing.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
How are you guys testing the FPS when you are playing? I was using my monitor FPS and it was pinged at 100 (Doesn't seem right)

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I'm real annoyed they didn't put in an option to disable the Mini-map and the location name in the upper left corner. Not only are they not really helpful in this game, but it's real bad news for my OLED. I really hope a mod can change this, but I have a feeling it's all tied into the same HUD and disabling them would disable everything including menus.

Unless the static elements are bright, static and flat reds or yellows, I wouldn't stress about it too much. Lots of heavy gaming on my LG B7 so far and have yet to have a single hud element burn in.

So it looks like a 1080ti reaches a stable 60fps at 4k if you lower your shadows a bit? I'm planning on waiting until I get a new GPU so I can play the game downsampled from 4k for the beautiful silky smoothness of it, good to know that a 1080ti or 2080 (presumably) are definitely enough.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Unless the static elements are bright, static and flat reds or yellows, I wouldn't stress about it too much. Lots of heavy gaming on my LG B7 so far and have yet to have a single hud element burn in.

I had icons from my desktop burned in a while back but they seem to have disappeared over time

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017

The sad part is that with the possible exception of TAA, all of those could probably be fixed in 2 engineering man-weeks in total (at most) dedicated to the PC version.

And I don't agree about the battle system being slow at all.
Just for me to place this statement: do you think the DQ8 battle system is slow? Because I thought it was glacial.

Kvik

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Downunder.
I also have two 1080 tis in sli, and would like to know if there is a profile included with the latest drivers or not.

So I ([email protected], 32 GB DDR4, 2X1070SLI) loaded this up finally tonight and yeah I have to echo the statements found in this thread, it's a barebones but solid PC port. I tried 4K with everything maxed and it was running ... a bit stuttery so I adjusted the scaler to 80% and that cleaned up most of the hiccups , knocked it down to 75% and it seems pretty solid but obviously noticably blurrier. I'm curious if it regains some chop when I get to the big city, going by this thread it probably does ? either way I'm having far less issues running this than I did running ni no kuni 2 earlier this year which I ended up leaving at 1440p with SLI turned off.

If you're willing to experiment for a bit, try the following NV Inspector profile:

29553394867_9d675cfca2_o.png

The profile should sustain 60fps at 1440p, with ScreenPercentage=150.000000 set in the GameUserSettings.ini. The scaling is roughly 90-98% for both cards. I've picked up very minimal flicker so maybe further research is needed, but this could be a good start. The frametimes is consistent enough, although not 100% perfect.

Tested on my own rig.

i7-5930K @ 4.5Ghz
32GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
2x 1080Ti @ 2012Mhz

The game is installed in a RAID0 SSD.

A few screenshots below with frametime graph and OSD displayed to illustrate scaling.

43771426884_78eb9a2b58_o.jpg

43771427864_91c1f1549d_o.jpg

44440257292_d9343b3ff6_o.jpg

Last edited:

D65

Oct 26, 2017
This game might be my first DQ.

I have a few questions. Can I go above 60fps?

GTX1080 can do 1440p60?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Doing driver based half refresh vsync for 30fps is making the game super stuttery. This sucks as I've been instructed that is the ideal way to get proper framepaced 30fps, whereas in-game locks or even RTSS can give improper framepacing.

The best 30fps cap method pretty much varies for every game, shit sucks.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
is the game demanding? i hav eno issues but i have a 1080ti, i was wondering for a friend who has a 970 is its playable with that cause i want to gift it. game looks phenomenal.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
is the game demanding? i hav eno issues but i have a 1080ti, i was wondering for a friend who has a 970 is its playable with that cause i want to gift it. game looks phenomenal.
It's more or less the same as gtx 1060, right? It should have no problem running the game at 1080p, 1440p even if they're willing to cap it at 30/45 fps.

How are you guys testing the FPS when you are playing? I was using my monitor FPS and it was pinged at 100 (Doesn't seem right)
I simply use Steam's FPS monitor. Only turned it on a few times when optimizing, it's now turned off after I'm happy with the result.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
On a GTX1070, I do 4K but not sure about the frame rate (40+ I guess), shadows at 2, the rest at max. I don't see a difference between VSYNC on and off (?!), it seems there's always a vsync no matter what.

Now I wonder how I quit the game normally, it makes no sense to hardquit from the Windows Shell (I'm in big picture mode on the tv).