• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
getting some frame drops or stutter after leaving the home town and on the horse for the first time. Have a 1070 and i5 4690k and plating at 1080p with max settings

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also the XBO pad, but the proprietary wireless one (with the dongle).
Hm, I'm also using the dongle since my PC doesn't have Bluetooth. That's weird.

GTX 1070
i7 6700 @ 3.2GHz
2560X1440 monitor

It's screen tearing thats happening
You tried alt-tabbing in and out? That's fixed G-Sync issues for me in the past.

Your specs are higher than mine though, so not sure what else it could be. I'm on a 970 using the in-game 60fps cap, Vsync off.

cupraab

Oct 30, 2017
4790k 4,4ghz
1080ti
32gb ram

runs smooth at 60fps (3840x2160)

I put shadow on 2, the shadows have a massive impact

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So, as I'm understanding, play it full screen if I have gsync, and unlock the framerate for best experience?

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I think every game should have a simple Language option in settings... it can rely on the OS Language to set the initial language but after that the user can change to what he wants without change anything in the OS.
I agree.
(Furthermore, the initial language should be set based on the OS language setting, not the locale. These are 2 different things)

Oct 27, 2017
To those delving into the files, does it look like it would be possible to put the orchestrated music back in? Curious since I prefer it

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/119768

here's a comparison screen

and that's still pretty tame. You can literally see the draw distance of shadows in a cave, and the gradual appearance of shadows as you get closer is super distracting too.

But damn, I really can't hit 60fps with shadows 3. Seems a bit of a conundrum for now. I just wish there was an in-between, you know ?

Cindered

Oct 25, 2017
i7 3770k 3.5Ghz
gtx 1070
1440p

the 1070 doesn't seem to be quite strong enough to run a stable 60 with everything turned on, setting the resolution scale to 80 seems to do the trick. Turning shadows down to 2 also works, but that setting has a huge affect on lighting quality in general and I feel the loss is not worth it over turning the resolution scale down.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
What settings is ps4 pro using roughly would feel ok hitting 60fps with ps4 settings shame this comes out now instead of when I'm due my gpu upgrade :(

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/119768

here's a comparison screen

and that's still pretty tame. You can literally see the draw distance of shadows in a cave, and the gradual appearance of shadows as you get closer is super distracting too.

But damn, I really can't hit 60fps with shadows 3. Seems a bit of a conundrum for now. I just wish there was an in-between, you know ?

Neat comparison, thanks. I think I can stick with Shadows 2.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for clarifying the DSR Nvidia.

For everyone having issues with the Nvidia things and want to go a bit beyond 1080p to clean up the IQ :

The "screenpercentage" in the .ini works like FFXV. It's actually messed up because in game they let you go DOWN but not UP. The ini does what you tell it to do.

So say 120% or 130%.

Works great. It changes the rendering resolution. (100% = 1080p if that was your original resolution)

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Knurek

There is already a special-k branch for this? Or is there some sorta global version now?

Also with regards to SK butting heads with RTSS, that shouldn't be an issue if you turn off the OSD in RTSS. Afterburner will still force RTSS to be running, but if you disable the OSD, than Special-K's OSD hook doesn't have to fight it. That's my understanding of it anyway.

fayaine

Mar 10, 2018
You see the difference in Heliodor quite a bit the thing is there should be a 4th Option and something in between 2 and 3 i feel.
The performence hit can be huge so meh.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.
gameusersettings.ini
ScreenPercentage=200.000000
sg.ResolutionQuality=200.000000

Dunno which ones works. I did both.
This isn't working for me. It shows 200% in the main menu, but when I actually go in game it resets back to 100%. I even tried starting a brand new game in case my save was loading my settings, and same thing.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
1070 @ 1440p
V-sync off / borderless
All settings maxed

Steam FPS display isn't working on it, so I can't actually seem the FR. But I'm very happy with the visuls and performance.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
2 Shadows is fine for me, not worth the performance hit with 3, yeah it's a big difference in terms of draw distance but i like my high framerates.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Is it capping at 24 fps or just dropping to it?
Yeah, I was wondering if maybe the Vsync isn't triple buffered. But wouldn't it be dropping and holding at 20fps in that case?
Mmh it worked for me though.
Maybe you shouldn't open the setting at all.
I'll try that. Also looks like the ResolutionQuality in the ini might not factor? Cause when I reopen the ini it has reverted ScreenPercentage back to 100, but ResolutionQuality is still 200.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was wondering if maybe the Vsync isn't triple buffered. But wouldn't it be dropping and holding at 20fps in that case?

If you are using HDMI (and sometimes others) some games, especially when downsampled, for whatever reason locked to 24hz. Have had the issue with a lot of Unity games on a gsync monitor.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting 53-60 FPS with max shadows @ 4K. I'm thinking about reducing rendering down to 90%. It seems to give me a locked 60 no matter what.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Does the games AA even work? According to PCGamingWiki, whether you set to 1 or 6, there is no difference in performance? Is it FXAA? How is this possible?

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Knurek

There is already a special-k branch for this? Or is there some sorta global version now?

Also with regards to SK butting heads with RTSS, that shouldn't be an issue if you turn off the OSD in RTSS. Afterburner will still force RTSS to be running, but if you disable the OSD, than Special-K's OSD hook doesn't have to fight it. That's my understanding of it anyway.
Special K is the global version. :)
Kaldaien does game specific mods based on that.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
PS4 Pro is CB 1800p last time i checked, but no CB on PC again for some reason though Xbox has proven a software backed CB is perfectly fine.

From what I understand CB is much more expensive to do on systems that doesn't have the HW ID buffer like PS4pro. It is possible to do in software like Rainbow 6, WD2 and Quantum Break, but those games have engines designed around the feature in mind. Wonder if UE4 support CB rendering on PC?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

I'll try that. Also looks like the ResolutionQuality in the ini might not factor? Cause when I reopen the ini it has reverted ScreenPercentage back to 100, but ResolutionQuality is still 200.

Try to make it read only ?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Post processing settings, from what I've gathered, do the following:

1: turns on ambient occlusion
2: adds bloom (outdoors only?)
3: improves ambient occlusion

So if you're not a stickler for AO, 2 could be a good middle ground if you need a little extra performance.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Mmh it worked for me though.
Maybe you shouldn't open the setting at all.
That worked. You just can't open the setting menu in the game it seems. Also interestingly is the equipment menu runs at a lower resolution regardless of what your resolution and scaling is set at, that's why the Hero looks so aliased. Anyhoo, here's an 8k shot downsampled to 4k. It definitely solves the grass aliasing at this high of a resolution, and runs at a glorious 7fps on a 1070!

ndqFU.png

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Documents/My Games/Dragon Quest XI/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor/GameUserSettings
Thanks I appreciate it.

That worked. You just can't open the setting menu in the game it seems. Also interestingly is the equipment menu runs at a lower resolution regardless of what your resolution and scaling is set at, that's why the Hero looks so aliased. Anyhoo, here's an 8k shot downsampled to 4k. It definitely solves the grass aliasing at this high of a resolution, and runs at a glorious 7fps on a 1070!
PUT THE DQ8 OUTFIT ON THIS INSTANT!

(it's got better stats)