• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Moving shadows to 2 makes me have a smooth 60fps experience. If only I could use the remaining horsepower into removing the grass shimmering it'd be swell

Oct 25, 2017
How cpu intensive is this game?

My 3750k is getting real old, 980ti should still be ok though.

Just wanna see if I can do 60fps 1440p.

BTW any deals of the pc version?

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I have 8GB of RAM, FX-8320 OC at 4.0GHz, and a GTX660, the game is installed on an SSD. I'm playing at 720p borderless and I'm getting around 60fps with all the graphics options set to low/off.

AA : off
PPQ: off
SQ:3
Vsync off

When I had very set to max at 720p I was getting above 30fps but it would fluctuate between that and 60fps. I can handle 40fps but I guess this is what they call bad frame pacing?

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
All of the game's data is in a gigantic data.pak, which I'm concerned is encrypted since UE4 allows for that. I don't have UE4 installed to try UnrealPak on it, though. Based on the included third party stuff, though, I'd wager the music is in OGG format and probably uses a standard file header for loop points...

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok this is fucking ridiculous. Is anyone else having problems with Amazon getting their preorder code? They finally emailed me with a code but it's actually a code for the Dragonball Fighterz SSGSS Goku and Vegeta unlocks. This is bad comedy.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Ok this is fucking ridiculous. Is anyone else having problems with Amazon getting their preorder code? They finally emailed me with a code but it's actually a code for the Dragonball Fighterz SSGSS Goku and Vegeta unlocks. This is bad comedy.

That's a shitty situation, but I'm laughing my ass off at the absurdity. (Sorry).

Eh, Dragon Ball is close enough

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
Really wondering how my i5 2500k, Radeon HD 7970, and 16 GB DDR3 RAM hold up. Was really hoping for 1080/60 with some settings turned down. Here's hoping... :x

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Someone with a GTX 1060 6GB try it out. I might just say eff it and get the PC version if I can do 1440p/60 without sacrificing too much else.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Runs good for me, at 1440p60 with overclocks on my GTX 1080 and i5 6600k. Might try fiddling with the internal resolution to tone down the shimmering. I hope someone finds a way to have Dualshock 4 button prompts added in.

Nope, this game hits my system just barely at it's peak. So no supersampling for me.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
Few quick port questions
1. Does it have an exit button on the main menu or ingame?
2. Does the mouse cursor disappear when using a controller?
3. Anyone notice any cutscene stutter or framepacing issues?

fayaine

Mar 10, 2018
the only issue i have is when setting it to 30 FPS lock the game feels really stuttery and weird on my 60hZ display.
Good thing thats just tests and i can run 60 FPS fine.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a shitty situation, but I'm laughing my ass off at the absurdity. (Sorry).

Eh, Dragon Ball is close enough

Hey I get and laughed at the absurdity of it. And it was funny because I had already gotten a code from my DBZ Fighterz preorder and it said wait you already have this dlc, are you sure you want to redeem again?

This guy I'm talking to now is hilarious. He's like dude I see this all the time. It's going to be a headache for you, let me just refund you $20.

That xp vest would have been nice though. And the extra skill points.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Aeana : Switching the game from borderless to fullscreen fixed the microstutter for me. Might just be (broken since forever) GSync Windowed implementation under Windows?

With Shadows set to 2, I get 70-110 fps at native 1080p, with 150% resolution scale, 50-60 fps (which is still smooth, because GSync).
Not sure what to stick with, truth be told. Smoothness or IQ.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The difference between shadow 2 and 3 is actually pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure I feel like comprimising on that

SoulShimmer

Jan 22, 2018
GTX 1070
i7 6700 @ 3.2GHz
2560X1440 all max settings

Runs butter smooth at 60 FPS. Slight frame drops in rain but I'd imagine lowering settings slightly is an easy fix

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Aeana : Switching the game from borderless to fullscreen fixed the microstutter for me. Might just be (broken since forever) GSync Windowed implementation under Windows?

With Shadows set to 2, I get 70-110 fps at native 1080p, with 150% resolution scale, 50-60 fps (which is still smooth, because GSync).
Not sure what to stick with, truth be told. Smoothness or IQ.
Oh yeah, bummer. nVidia is supposed to have a fix for windowed gsync at some point, but we're still waiting.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. What is it and how do I turn it on ?
Dynamic Super Resolution. Nvidia tweak that allows downsampling in any game. Find it in Nvidia control panel and turn on the different factors to make more resolutions available to you in games.
The difference between shadow 2 and 3 is actually pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure I feel like comprimising on that
Yeah I went back to 3. Shadow draw distance on 2 is way too low.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
So the grass shimmering is still there at 4k? Upping the internal scaling in the ini while at 4k sounds pretty undoable though...

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Game seems to be mostly GPU bound for me.
(Which is a given considering Jaguar vs i7-4790K differences)

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SoulShimmer

Jan 22, 2018
I'm kind of a noob on the G-Sync front. Do I need to turn on the in game V-Sync for it to kick in? I tried playing with V-Sync off and it was super choppy. Checked my nvidia panel settings and G-Sync is enabled for all windowed/full screen games

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of a noob on the G-Sync front. Do I need to turn on the in game V-Sync for it to kick in? I tried playing with V-Sync off and it was super choppy. Checked my nvidia panel settings and G-Sync is enabled for all windowed/full screen games
Play in full screen. Borderless G-Sync can still be wonky. You don't need to have in-game enabled.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
If anyone else is a running a really old 16:10 monitor, 1680x1050 works, you just have to change the resolution in the .ini.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
It's sadly far from the first game made by people who think that the date/time locale should determine in-game language.
I think every game should have a simple Language option in settings... it can rely on the OS Language to set the initial language but after that the user can change to what he wants without change anything in the OS.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My Ryzen 5 1600 + 1060 6GB should be able to handle 1080p at 60fps right? I don't mind bumping under a bit.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Really? What controller? I'm using an Xbone pad (Bluetooth version) and jump automatically changed to A when I set confirm to B.

Also the XBO pad, but the proprietary wireless one (with the dongle).

Ouch, i have same setup =(

I've got a 970 (OCd), 4690k, and 16gb of ram. It's been running at pretty much a locked 60 (at 1080p) for me, strangely. Opening area was entirely smooth (unlike the other poster). There was one very specific spot early on where it dropped when going up the mountain and during the early fight with the fog monster it dropped frames for a second. Now I'm in the first town and it's still holding up.

Last edited:

randomelder

Oct 26, 2017
All of the game's data is in a gigantic data.pak, which I'm concerned is encrypted since UE4 allows for that. I don't have UE4 installed to try UnrealPak on it, though. Based on the included third party stuff, though, I'd wager the music is in OGG format and probably uses a standard file header for loop points...

Glad that people are starting to look into this, really hoping that encryption doesn't slow things down and we get some movement on a music mod.