• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
60fps is the max? You can't have an unlimited cap?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
my game is in french even though i set it in english so it's not very useful for me to take pics

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
In my experience, if you have at least a 100mbit connection or so it's not worth it to preload anything.

I'd say 250Mbps is the point at which pre-loading becomes borderline pointless. I have a 100Mbps connection myself and unpacking the pre-load took roughly 13 minutes while downloading the game post-release would've added another half hour.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm curious if you can't get more customization out of INI overrides since it's UE4.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
barebones is much more than I was expecting. Barebones is good.
To do worse than barebones on UE4 would have required dedication :P

I'd say 250Mbps is the point at which pre-loading become borderline pointless. I have a 100Mbps connection myself and unpacking the pre-load took roughly 13 minutes while downloading the game post-release would've taken an extra half hour.
Yeah, it probably also depends on the speed of the drive you have Steam on and maybe even the file structure of the game.

Antitype

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they'd just name the different settings, like what type of AA it is etc, instead of just going with meaningless numbers.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
man, what the fuck. I can't see anything in the folders to change any settings, let alone language ! I'm stuck with french

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
For those having issues with language, you can always try Locale Emulator which should let you run any application in any locale without changing your Windows settings.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Looks like it supports borderless, anyone with impressions on the implementation? (Ie actually behaves well with multiple monitors?)

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
20180904183438_1y6c54.jpg

Brightness
Anti aliasing (0 to 6 slider)
Post-processing (0 to 3)
Shadows (0 to 3)
HUD resize (0 to 100)
Framerate (30 or 60, no unlock option)
V SYNC (YES/NO)

Borderless and resolution in another option

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok not bad, not bad. Should be good at 1440p and 60fps. I'm happy enough

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like locked 60fps for me in this starting area, though I do have a Gsync monitor so that could be masking it.

i5-4790k, GTX 970, 8GB DDR3
1080p fullscreen, highest settings available

edit: turned on counter and there are indeed drops to the low 50's. Didn't notice with Gsync. Not sure if that bodes well for the cities later on.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Also game is compatible with Nvidia Ansel. Graphical options are pretty barebones as they don't have any specified name for AA and such. Also, 4k max support. I think there's no arbitrary resolution nor supersampling.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look like there's a lot of settomgd variety, but as long as it scales well to PC configurations with cards liie 1060d and such without Mich hassle, that's all I'm asking for.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I just discovered the greatest improvement the PC port has over the PS4 version.

Since i use steam to play with my Pro Controller it automatically took my configuration where the switch A button is confirm.

So the button layout is like in the japanese version, no stupid pressing X to confirm.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I just discovered the greatest improvement the PC port has over the PS4 version.

Since i use steam to play with my Pro Controller it automatically took my configuration where the switch A button is confirm.

So the button layout is like in the japanese version, no stupid pressing X to confirm.
You can change it in the options anyway.

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Also game is compatible with Nvidia Ansel. Graphical options are pretty barebones as they don't have any specified name for AA and such. Also, 4k max support. I think there's no arbitrary resolution nor supersampling.
Guess I'll table my 8K TV purchase for now then.

But real talk, that's eventually going to be unfortunate. Trying to play Dynasty Warriors 8 on a monitor higher than 1080p is dreadful because there's no way to make it render higher than that.