• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
dq11sysreqsg6exk.jpg

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
Overclock3D (English; launch build)
TechPowerUp (English; launch build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Put some context behind those graphics settings values: Sift through the Scalability Reference section of the Unreal Engine 4 documentation. (Credit to Durante.)
Change the language: Right-click the game in your Steam library, select "Properties", click "Set launch options...", and input -culture="xx", where xx is your desired language (e.g. en for English or fr for French). (Credit to narax @ Steam Community.)
Increase the frame rate cap: Open C:\Users\[username]\Documents\my games\DRAGON QUEST XI\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini and change the value of FrameRateLimit as desired. (Credit to Knurek.)
Note: Opening the graphics settings menu will reset the value.
Enable downsampling: Open C:\Users\[username]\Documents\my games\DRAGON QUEST XI\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini and change the value of ScreenPercentage as desired. (Credit to GhostTrick.)
Note: Opening the graphics settings menu will reset the value.
Enable ultra-wide support: Replace the executable in SteamApps\common\DRAGON QUEST XI\Game\Binaries\Win64 with one of these. (Credit to susahamat @ WSGF.)
Enable scRGB HDR, temporal AA, and anisotropic filtering, and take HUD-free screenshots: Install the Special K injector. (Credit to Kaldaien @ Steam Community via Vaelic.)
Note: To use a higher refresh rate, either switch to 8-bit colour by alt-tabbing out of the game after launching it with 10-bit colour enabled and changing to the refresh rate you wish to use or switch from RBG to YUV422. (Credit to Kamus @ Steam Community via Vaelic, and Kyle Cross.)
Enable motion blur: Open C:\Users\[username]\Documents\my games\DRAGON QUEST XI\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and follow the instructions here. Credit to WicketW.)
Enable TAA: Open C:\Users\[username]\Documents\my games\DRAGON QUEST XI\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and follow the instructions here. (Credit to Firmino @ Steam Community via texhnolyze.) Add the cvars mentioned here below the section title [SystemSettings] to adjust the quality to your liking. (Credit to Dinjoralo.)
Increase draw distance, LOD distance, and shadow quality: Open C:\Users\[username]\Documents\my games\DRAGON QUEST XI\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini and follow the instructions here. (Credit to brokebrains @ Steam Community via ThisIsMyDogKyle.)
Use the orchestral overhaul mod in conjunction with Special K and ReShade: Follow these instructions. (Credit to TrowGundam @ Steam Community via Kvik.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Display mode: Windowed; Borderless; Fullscreen
Resolution: Self-explanatory

Display brightness: Self-explanatory
Anti-aliasing quality: None; 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6
Post-processing quality: None; 1; 2; 3
Shadow quality: None; 1; 2; 3
Screen percentage: 65% -> 100% in increments of 1%
Frame rate: 30fps/60fps
Vsync: Off/On

Last edited:

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not interested in the game, but really interested in how the PC version turns out, so I'll lurk in this thread.
With a game based on UE4 there shouldn't really be an excuse for it not to be good.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this. Just upgraded to a Ryzen 2600X so I should be fine for the CPU side but eager to see how it performs overall since im still running a vanilla GTX 980. Hoping to get at least 1080/60 on med to high.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
I am very interested in how it runs, I'm ready to buy at a moment's notice. It's just a matter of if this will end up being on PC or not...

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully this just works right out of the box. After Monster Hunter World, I just want a start up and play experience for once.

Not saying that MHW wasn't start up and play, but there was the while CPU about to burst into flames ordeal as well as missing textures and an engine that is way too demanding for no reason at all.

What's the performance on consoles?

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
A company that wants to sell a product won't even give out pertinent info related to said product.....good luck to anyone that bought this.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The last big JRPG I bought for PC was Ni no Kuni 2, and it ran as smooth as butter on Max Settings (100+ FPS almost always). Really hope DQ can get close.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind the lack of information because of steam refund . Unfortunately I can play only after work.... Ugh

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
The switch version is coming. Just wait at least for TGS, I remember they recently said that it is still going along but can't share much right now

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Maybe it's because some exclusivity deal with Sony. They even haven't talked of the switch versione because of this.

They have talked about the Switch version, latest we know is that they want to announce something about it at TGC.

And there is literally no exclusivity with Sony.
It released day on date with the 3DS version in Japan, and day on date with the Steam version in the west.

Its just that they didnt put out PC review codes.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I need to put a post it on my PC reminding me to never pre load games. The unpacking takes longer than the download