• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Title needs to be updated, it's The Hero, who includes the skins for 3, 4, 8, and 11.

And a character who has a literal command menu is completely different than any other fighter. Banjo stans might still get him later on.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Was relieved we're getting more than just bootleg Trunks. Easily one of my least favorite DQ hero designs.

DQ VIII guy. <3

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Japan has way too much influence over what content makes it into Smash.

I'm so sad. Both DLC fighters have been trash tier.

Uh, where do you think this game is being developed?

I'm not even a DQ fan and I find the whining in this thread ridiculous. I get that DQ isn't nearly as well known in the West, but trying to claim that heroes from this series are nobodies? Get outta here with that BS take.

DQ is hugely significant not just to Nintendo, but to Japanese RPGs, which I assume many of you play.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Uh, where do you think this game is being developed?

I'm not even a DQ fan and I find the whining in this thread ridiculous. I get that DQ isn't nearly as well known in the West, but trying to claim that heroes from this series are nobodies? Get outta here with that BS take.

DQ is hugely significant not just to Nintendo, but to Japanese RPGs, which I assume many of you play.
And which market buys the most copies of Smash? Which community is the most active for Smash?

It's so depressing we literally have only two western influence characters in Smash, Ridley and King K. Rool, and it took 5 freaking games and a popularity contest for Nintendo to humor us.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Shouldn't that title say "Dragon Quest IX's hero," because if I can play Dragon Quest IX in SSBU it just became one of the greatest values in gaming.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Erdrick is there.

Twice.

Also wtf is with this DQ hate, has this board gone insane?

NwXMCdC.jpg

But seriously I"m so so so so so SO happy. Got a CG trailer and everything! Only downside is no female alts, it then they only showed 4 and it's still WIP.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
NwXMCdC.jpg

But seriously I"m so so so so so SO happy. Got a CG trailer and everything! Only downside is no female alts, it then they only showed 4 and it's still WIP.

It'd be nice if they were added. I can understand if 3's isn't, but at least 4's should be swappable because it was in the original.

I'd give up both in a heartbeat if they made the other heroes from the final smash playable.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm cool with the inclusion, but is "Hero" the only name we can call them? Seems so...boring.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
HELL YES!!! Everything I wanted and more. I'm so excited. Erdrick was always my number one dream pick for Smash. This is so cool. I can't believe it's finally happened.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
DQ5 hero skin I hope is a given, it's my favorite hero design and since the game is basically held up to the same level as 8, I don't see how it'd go without it unless the sword and clothes would clash

NippleViking

May 2, 2018

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Only character(s) I'm instrested in. Might bite for this one alone.
But wow that was looking good.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Should have been Slime. Honestly sort of glad I didn't pay for the pass. I know DQ has its fans, but I don't really care for another sword fighter.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
YEEESSSS. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED ITS SO AWESOOOOME. THANK YOU SAKURAI. That trailer was awesome as well.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind a sad, we didn't get the female versions on top. Otherwise the Hero characters looks great and uses a MP-System, like i suggested too in a very old post.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Just ignore the DQ haters/trolls, people just don't like it when something they doný like/know is so popular.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned - Driveby Post
And which market buys the most copies of Smash? Which community is the most active for Smash?

It's so depressing we literally have only two western influence characters in Smash, Ridley and King K. Rool, and it took 5 freaking games and a popularity contest for Nintendo to humor us.
So are you done whining now?