• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to remember, but set up camp in the repaired throne room for a while, then start building out from there. Let the others take care of the monsters. Get as many floor spikes down as possible in the central corridor when you get the chance... I mean really flood it with spikes.

Yeah, right after asking this I figured it out I had to put everything inside the throne room. Must've missed that in that dialogue, which is something that happens often to me when playing in portable mode. Thanks for the tips!

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to make a copy of that Google sheets checklist that people are passing around? There's no menu bar for me so I can't actually make a copy like the document suggests. Would love to have my own personal checklist as I play...

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know how to make a copy of that Google sheets checklist that people are passing around? There's no menu bar for me so I can't actually make a copy like the document suggests. Would love to have my own personal checklist as I play...
Yeah, I was having a hard time figuring this out. I used to have all the Google Sheets options looking at it in browser (Safari) but they recently went away. I downloaded the Google Sheets app and that gave me an option to open it in the app and from there save a copy. Since it is a very popular document at the moment you may need to try to save it a few times before it works.

Coinspinner

Nov 6, 2017
Last night I remembered that I had the Season Pass. Damn, that's a lot of new blocks.

Also my existing aquariums all kinda went crazy and count as 30-50 aquariums each now.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
on island 3 and just got the war banner. Getting my ass handed to me in the caves. From The story it sounded like the war banner summoned a bunch of fighters, but I still only have the three that come with me normally (I did charge it up). Likewise if I run past that and get to the castle - still just the three of us so i'm Getting creamed.

also are you suppose to just wave it about? Is there enough time when you boost them to switch weapons and join in?

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
on island 3 and just got the war banner. Getting my ass handed to me in the caves. From The story it sounded like the war banner summoned a bunch of fighters, but I still only have the three that come with me normally (I did charge it up). Likewise if I run past that and get to the castle - still just the three of us so i'm Getting creamed.

also are you suppose to just wave it about? Is there enough time when you boost them to switch weapons and join in?

Go back to town, press and hold triangle (or the equivalent switch attack button) to do a "charge attack" with it that'll summon more troops. Don't press and hold it again or they'll go back to town.

I made this same mistake and was so confused!

You can switch between swords and flag to help attack once you've boosted. Just be careful because I ended up giving my sword to a party member when I was standing too close, the equip and give to party member button is the same.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
So I've made to Moonbrooke and am trying to build a room with all the building benches, but monsters keep spawning in the base nonstop. Do I have to do something in order for them to stop or maybe my game glitched? I can't do anything while this happens. Doesn't matter if I defeat them or if they run away they comeback in matter of seconds

In the early phase of Moonbrooke, dig a pit where the monsters spawn and fill the pit with spikes, and not only will you be set for life for iron but you'll level up pretty quickly.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any news on a future Switch patch? I really want to buy this to play when I'm on holiday in a couple of weeks, so would be playing in handheld mode, but the reports of the poor framerate have made me nervous about buying it right now - it's at least £40 still and I don't fancy spending that much on it if the performance is really bad.

I don't usually notice framerate issues much unless they're truly terrible, but DF have said it hits single digits at times; I'm pretty sure even I would notice that. Is that only when visiting other players' creations? As long as story mode framerate is solid I'd be happy enough.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Is there any news on a future Switch patch? I really want to buy this to play when I'm on holiday in a couple of weeks, so would be playing in handheld mode, but the reports of the poor framerate have made me nervous about buying it right now - it's at least £40 still and I don't fancy spending that much on it if the performance is really bad.

I don't usually notice framerate issues much unless they're truly terrible, but DF have said it hits single digits at times; I'm pretty sure even I would notice that. Is that only when visiting other players' creations? As long as story mode framerate is solid I'd be happy enough.

I have only been playing the story mode, and am wrapping up chapter 2 and I haven't noticed much drops. I've only noticed them in chapter 2 and it hasn't ruined my experience. Playing in handheld only.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Yeah, things have been fine on my end too. There certainly has been slowdown nut nothing dreadful or unbearable. Honestly the super slow "voiceover" text is much more annoying.

redlentil

Oct 27, 2017

I've put over 80 hours in handheld and performance has been very smooth, even when there's lots going on. I think most of the concerns have come from docked players.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
I don't know what people are expecting from the Switch port. Like a patch is going to fix the framerate somehow, it just seems unlikely to me. At least to any major extent.

Oct 28, 2017

I've been playing exclusively in handheld mode and as a fellow person who doesn't notice framerate drops unless it gets super awful, it isn't bad at all as you're playing through the story except for a certain phase of the third main story island. If you're using online or if you're insanely customizing your IoA it may also get bad there, I've built a lot on my own IoA and it hasn't caused issues yet.

Be forewarned that this game absolutely wrecks the battery (eats the charge super fast) in handheld mode, have a way to plug in or a battery bank.

I don't know what people are expecting from the Switch port. Like a patch is going to fix the framerate somehow, it just seems unlikely to me. At least to any major extent.
The game's physical appearance on Switch is very close to the PS4 with a slightly smaller draw distance, I think many people would be thrilled with an "optimized for Switch" optional graphics selection that trades a little of the extreme "pretty" factor for stable frames.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I have only been playing the story mode, and am wrapping up chapter 2 and I haven't noticed much drops. I've only noticed them in chapter 2 and it hasn't ruined my experience. Playing in handheld only.
Yeah, things have been fine on my end too. There certainly has been slowdown nut nothing dreadful or unbearable. Honestly the super slow "voiceover" text is much more annoying.
I've put over 80 hours in handheld and performance has been very smooth, even when there's lots going on. I think most of the concerns have come from docked players.
I've been playing exclusively in handheld mode and as a fellow person who doesn't notice framerate drops unless it gets super awful, it isn't bad at all as you're playing through the story except for a certain phase of the third main story island. If you're using online or if you're insanely customizing your IoA it may also get bad there, I've built a lot on my own IoA and it hasn't caused issues yet.

Be forewarned that this game absolutely wrecks the battery (eats the charge super fast) in handheld mode, have a way to plug in or a battery bank.

The game's physical appearance on Switch is very close to the PS4 with a slightly smaller draw distance, I think many people would be thrilled with an "optimized for Switch" optional graphics selection that trades a little of the extreme "pretty" factor for stable frames.
Thanks all, good to know performance doesn't seem to be as bad as I feared.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So I accidentally blew up half the Gold Bar on island 2 while trying to place the blue lights. Will they rebuild it or am I screwed since the blueprint won't show up now that the second stage is complete?

Oct 28, 2017
So I accidentally blew up half the Gold Bar on island 2 while trying to place the blue lights. Will they rebuild it or am I screwed since the blueprint won't show up now that the second stage is complete?
In my experience they will generally rebuild the previous parts of the three stage blueprints as long as the blocks for the previous stages are still displayed on the blueprint status screen, you haven't finished the full blueprint, and the blocks are available in a community chest.

You could revert your save file if you have a save or autosave right before the incident, or you can do a close approximation based on looking at the blueprint and repairing the hole by trying to "match" the existing architecture.

Good luck! It really sucks when you have a hammer mishap! I even know to release the R2 button when I'm aiming the wrong direction but I still panic hammer and destroy important structures from time to time.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
My main complaint about the game is the ridiculously slow text speed for some of the text. It's a bit infuriating at times.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Sad to see the game hasn't sold well via NPD... I had higher hopes for it post Smash Hero release

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
In my experience they will generally rebuild the previous parts of the three stage blueprints as long as the blocks for the previous stages are still displayed on the blueprint status screen, you haven't finished the full blueprint, and the blocks are available in a community chest.

You could revert your save file if you have a save or autosave right before the incident, or you can do a close approximation based on looking at the blueprint and repairing the hole by trying to "match" the existing architecture.

Good luck! It really sucks when you have a hammer mishap! I even know to release the R2 button when I'm aiming the wrong direction but I still panic hammer and destroy important structures from time to time.

Thanks, they ended up rebuilding it during phase 3. Serves me right for keeping the mining bombs on the hotbar. I wish it was just a hammer mishap.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really debating on using one of my vouchers for this game this weekend on Switch. I have a couple of questions.

- Is the season pass worth it? And if it is, should I buy it before starting the game? Or is it stuff I can only access after beating it? I'm kind of confused on what it offers. It seems to just be extra building stuff?

- Is the online good on Switch? I've heard reports that it's kind of shit. One of the reasons I'm thinking of picking this up this weekend was a buddy wanted to pick it up with me. So it would be a bummer if us playing together sucked.

- I am currently playing through DQ3 for the first time, after beating DQ1-2 also for the first time. I know this is a type of sequel to DQ2, but does it spoil anything at all about DQ3?

Thanks for annnnnnyyy helllllllpppp

Dunban_Fyuria

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really debating on using one of my vouchers for this game this weekend on Switch. I have a couple of questions.

- Is the season pass worth it? And if it is, should I buy it before starting the game? Or is it stuff I can only access after beating it? I'm kind of confused on what it offers. It seems to just be extra building stuff?

- Is the online good on Switch? I've heard reports that it's kind of shit. One of the reasons I'm thinking of picking this up this weekend was a buddy wanted to pick it up with me. So it would be a bummer if us playing together sucked.

- I am currently playing through DQ3 for the first time, after beating DQ1-2 also for the first time. I know this is a type of sequel to DQ2, but does it spoil anything at all about DQ3?

Thanks for annnnnnyyy helllllllpppp
With the season pass, it's mostly depend on how much building you'll do on the island of awakening (and another postgame island) creatively. The DLCs just adds new blocks, furnitures, decorations, and some new islands. The fishing dlc does add some sidequests but it's basically a tutorial. The modern pack dlc doesn't add any islands to it. You won't be able to access these islands right away so I'd say try the game out for a bit before buying the season pass.

I can't comment on the switch online unfortunately and I don't believe there's any DQ3 spoilers (or at least I didn't notice any). Keep in mind with the online, its limited to exploring islands that are there only to gather resources and building on the Island of awakening.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With the season pass, it's mostly depend on how much building you'll do on the island of awakening (and another postgame island) creatively. The DLCs just adds new blocks, furnitures, decorations, and some new islands. The fishing dlc does add some sidequests but it's basically a tutorial. The modern pack dlc doesn't add any islands to it. You won't be able to access these islands right away so I'd say try the game out for a bit before buying the season pass.

I can't comment on the switch online unfortunately and I don't believe there's any DQ3 spoilers (or at least I didn't notice any). Keep in mind with the online, its limited to exploring islands that are there only to gather resources and building on the Island of awakening.

Ok cool, thanks for the info. I'm a little hesitant cause I see the Switch has some pretty serious performance issues with the user levels, but I think i can manage

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Terrain:

Are you needing help with crops or flowers? You can't get all the flowers until you beat the game afaik.
You're probably missing Tingleweed (which can be hammered into seed form) and any of the Ultimallet harvested flowers. It may be possible to cheese this requirement by placing a Blooming Poxglove from Malhalla down instead of getting the Ultimallet and harvesting something else (Pongesettia, the Milkblossom alternate with butterflies, Hyacinth, Rose).

Every single field crop is obtainable before reaching the final story area. If you're missing any of them between Crab Claw and Cactus Cutlet in the Builerpedia's item list (Page 2), let me know and we can try and fill in the gaps. Two of them are DLC exclusive.
Thank you again for this. Managed to plant everything and get the other terrain types. Now just waiting for 11 things to sell before I've completed all the tablet targets.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
So i discovered theres actual hard coded limits for the Island of Awakening areaa that have basically fucked up my whole idea for construction. The areas are dilimited by the mountains and now matter how much you destroy them the invisible wall limit is still there. The sea is another hard delimititation, so no nice port areas that use the sea blue tiles even if you think they are inside one of the areas. The Green area has the strangest shape ever, getting all of the top part, the center around its tablet, delimited by the snow mountain on the west, and the desert mountains on the south east, the beach that is like an interior bay in the south up to the red hermit moutain (the beach further to the south were the real port is is no mans land and nobody cant live there).
The snow part is only the snow part and it beach and the desert part is only the desert part and its beach.
The problem of green garden is the fucking stupid elevation with a medium size area that makes its crap to build. Thats where i made the farmlands and discovered that the people didnt want to move farther from that exact area into other parts of the green gardens, no matter the buildings i build.
But the worst part os my building an epic port town in the green gardens beach this past few days, just to discover that being so near the sea meant i was building part of it in no mans land, so the buildings are unusable.
Also discovered that no matter how near from another area part of your buildings are, the npcs will not use them even if they are touching the walls of that room. So if you want to build a nice town with all npcs in IoA you basically need to level to the ground the whole area of green green or, which probably is what i end doing (i already destroyed the moutain that divides green gardens from the snow area), build a new farm without dividing fields in the low area of green gardens, make the farmer live there with their own housing, food and toilets, maybe some amenity also. Then bring the epic medieval port with blueprints to the front of the moutain tablet (it has a wall with one part that will be in the farms and the other in the city). In the snow part start building were the dividing mountain was the huge city i had planned, and make every other npc live there, with all the entertainment buildings, ets...
The desert are will be empty and maybe i will build some 7 wonders of the ancient world buildings (destroying that horrific pyramid of course).

Also probably gonna destroy all my hard work with the farmlands i built in the top area. Right now i dont want people going there because its too far, and each crop is taking a building from the limit ive read in this thread that island of awakening has also on that.
Probably going to leave it as a big natural green park.

But first im going to do the 11 tablet challenges i need for the last item, that hopefully lets me build much faster.

whats funny is that the hermit guy on island of awakening said he would give me a bow for 10 mini medals and i thought it would be a weapon that changed stuff up but nah its for my hair lul

It even fooled the spanish translation tram of the game because they call the bow "arco" (the one for arrows) instead of "lazo" (the one for the hair) lol

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks, they ended up rebuilding it during phase 3. Serves me right for keeping the mining bombs on the hotbar. I wish it was just a hammer mishap.
Nice, I'm glad they fixed it up for you. I think we've all had an unfortunate bombing incident or two in this game. The first time I played I managed to accidentally throw myself off a pretty big cliff in the final story area thanks to those.

Thank you again for this. Managed to plant everything and get the other terrain types. Now just waiting for 11 things to sell before I've completed all the tablet targets.
Glad my ferocious search engine skills were able to help at all. I am pretty sure that reddit terrain commenter, iamBGS, is one of the main people updating that spreadsheet that keeps getting tossed around. Enjoy your Buildnoculars!

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I beat it, and have been working on my Island for a few days. My farming town is pretty much done. Did all the markers. Now to go to pyramid land...

Learning how to roof is the real postgame boss.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to redesign the cliffside near Green Gardens where you go to the base of the waterfall. My farmers hop up and climb vines to get to the farms since it's closer than the stairs I set. Thinking of making a cart ride for then to get to the farm area or making the steps massively wide for then to approach the farms

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the snow explorer's shores island and am still missing seven items from the first checklist. There seems to be a wooden bench or stool, what seems to be rocks, some red ore (or paint) and some snow-covered tree. Help? I've explored everywhere.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on the snow explorer's shores island and am still missing seven items from the first checklist. There seems to be a wooden bench or stool, what seems to be rocks, some red ore (or paint) and some snow-covered tree. Help? I've explored everywhere.
Have you tried using the echo flute? You're missing the entire hot spring. Take a Chimera and fly around at the tops of mountains if you don't want to tootle. Other good exploration mounts are Golem and Sabercub/Sabercat.

There's two snow-covered trees, it is hard to tell depending on your camera, but there's a normal sized one and a huge one, which is noticeably taller. Try zooming the camera out a bit near a lot of trees.

Oct 28, 2017
boy do i love hourlong forced equipment removal stealth sections, they really make games better
It is a good thing the actual stealth section is relatively short compared to the rest of that Interlude and it is joke level easy, especially if you put down the dirty magazine on the table.

If you're still there, you can turn around and go smash their entire dumb island once you get your stuff back. Just don't view the cutscene for progressing forward towards the boat. There's 4 Guillotines there, which are normally a rare drop from a Explorer Shore Super Strong monster.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
It is a good thing the actual stealth section is relatively short compared to the rest of that Interlude and it is joke level easy, especially if you put down the dirty magazine on the table.

If you're still there, you can turn around and go smash their entire dumb island once you get your stuff back. Just don't view the cutscene for progressing forward towards the boat. There's 4 Guillotines there, which are normally a rare drop from a Explorer Shore Super Strong monster.
shoot, i was thinking about it but then i was like man get me out of here

ah well, live and learn

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
So, apparently my farm animals like to drop bottomless pots filled with seawater. Weird. Anyone know what sorts of things other than traps and lights that switches affect?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have you tried using the echo flute? You're missing the entire hot spring. Take a Chimera and fly around at the tops of mountains if you don't want to tootle. Other good exploration mounts are Golem and Sabercub/Sabercat.

There's two snow-covered trees, it is hard to tell depending on your camera, but there's a normal sized one and a huge one, which is noticeably taller. Try zooming the camera out a bit near a lot of trees.
Thank you. I had to reset the island because the hot spring wasn't there. I didn't try the flute, so who knows, maybe it was buried somewhere.

Now though, I am fed up trying to befriend a yeti. It's just not working. I've been doing this shit for two hours now. It's seriously making me consider quitting the game for good.

Oct 28, 2017
So, apparently my farm animals like to drop bottomless pots filled with seawater. Weird. Anyone know what sorts of things other than traps and lights that switches affect?
If you build a changing room with a light switch and turn off the lights in the changing room, NPCs will change back into their default outfits.

Switches can activate most machinery and some furniture, like the bubbling bathtub and the sink faucet. If they're on a block that has a function (such as stacking it on a dresser) it will not activate the sinks. They activate magnetic push and pull switches as well.

The range of switches seems to only be a 2 block radius, so you need your items to be super close to the switch for them to work.

That bottomless pot full of seawater... is that a glitch? Or is it just the effect of having animals sleeping in a room with lights turned off?

Thank you. I had to reset the island because the hot spring wasn't there. I didn't try the flute, so who knows, maybe it was buried somewhere.

Now though, I am fed up trying to befriend a yeti. It's just not working. I've been doing this shit for two hours now. It's seriously making me consider quitting the game for good.
If you're trying to recruit a Powie Yowie on Moonbrooke, it won't happen. It needs to be on the Explorer Shore called Rimey Reef. You may also want to check your Residents Register before sailing over and make sure that your IoA isn't full up. Just try to relocate any resident and it should pop up your xx/xx amount of NPCs you can currently have.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're trying to recruit a Powie Yowie on Moonbrooke, it won't happen. It needs to be on the Explorer Shore called Rimey Reef. You may also want to check your Residents Register before sailing over and make sure that your IoA isn't full up. Just try to relocate any resident and it should pop up your xx/xx amount of NPCs you can currently have.
I'm on Rimey Reef. I also have 39 people on my Island.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's extremely odd. Powie Yowie has a really high % tame rate due to being required by the story. Maybe reboot the game, just in case it is a memory leak issue like the disappearing text?
I rebooted my PS4. Went back on the island, met about ten yetis, none of them tried to befriend me.

Oh well. I might come back to the game later, but I think that's it for now. I've lost my patience.

Oct 28, 2017
I rebooted my PS4. Went back on the island, met about ten yetis, none of them tried to befriend me.

Oh well. I might come back to the game later, but I think that's it for now. I've lost my patience.
That's sad, but understandable. Sometimes you hit a wall and just need a break. It is so awful that you're having such a hard time with it. I've played through twice and it usually gets back and asks to be friends up after I kill it within the first three guys. I'd even say their tame rate is annoying, as is Hocus Chimera, because they keep coming in waves while you're trying to kill Super Strongs and usually also ask to be friends while you're just trying to kill a boss, gosh darn it.

We'll be here when you come back!

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this game has some stuff that makes a lot of work just being thrown out of the window (breed, befriend monsters, waiting for a rare item to drop, building a whole area you are pretty happy and having to destroy it becuase NPCs say its outside of their limits...).
A lot of this stuff could be resolved just by making things lees random, or explaining the limits of areas better.

Im also thinking of waiting till the new update to start building creatively again, I really hope we get it as soon as japan though.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this game has some stuff that makes a lot of work just being thrown out of the window (breed, befriend monsters, waiting for a rare item to drop, building a whole area you are pretty happy and having to destroy it becuase NPCs say its outside of their limits...).
A lot of this stuff could be resolved just by making things lees random, or explaining the limits of areas better.

Im also thinking of waiting till the new update to start building creatively again, I really hope we get it as soon as japan though.
BenXC just did a video about IoA limits today, it has some good information in it. Nothing is really random apart from drops and monster taming, everything else has a set value/area.

If you're talking about story island town boundaries, there are three different cues for knowing when you're out of bounds. They first two towns are pitifully small though, considering all the stuff they want you to build.

Video:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
BenXC just did a video about IoA limits today, it has some good information in it. Nothing is really random apart from drops and monster taming, everything else has a set value/area.

If you're talking about story island town boundaries, there are three different cues for knowing when you're out of bounds. They first two towns are pitifully small though, considering all the stuff they want you to build.

Video:

Oh i know, the limits are not random, and I was talking about IoA limits, the other islands the limits are MUCH more undertandable (although from all the dialogue ive seen on the interent, the UI should be a little more clear (or be better explained in the turorial I suppose) of when you are out of it.

The problemis IoA doesnt have any UI that tells you were grren gardens ends and the snow part starts or if you are building in no mans land. The only way to exactly now were the limits are of those is building a room in the middle of what you think the frontier is, and start putting name signs on the walls. Depending of the area the sign is it will have the group of green gardens, the snow area or the desert araa to choose the name of who you want the room to be of. If only your name appears, its becuase that name plate is inside no mans land.

Yesterday night I start plopping small rooms everywhere on the map to see the limits of the island, and they are all over the place (sometimes they dont even make sense), it makes them a hassle for liberty of building and the game should have been more direct in telling you what they are.

I actually watched that video yesterday, the guy makes the best content of DQB on youtube thats for sure, too late for me putting house everywhere though lol

This was what I was trying to do BTW (+the new changed plans):
mapyrjua.png

Was making an impressive medieval port just were the sea goes near the green gardens area and also touches the snow area. Thats no mans land (didnt know about it like one week ago) so all my work there has gone to the trash. The only thing I can do now is bring each of the big buidings in bluprints form, and make them in another area.

-Old Port with the old ingame sea: basically unusable by the NPCs.
-New Port and New Sea: Its going to look like trash becuase of the real sea elavation compared to that area but I really cant to anything. The port is going to look more like a river than a real sea one lol
-Old Farmland and New Farmalands: The old ones is were I had all my crops and the huge windmill and everything. That is going to be destroyed, truned into a natural park and move everything to the new (in a much lower level) farmland, so is better integrted with the medieval city and port. All the farm type NPCs and the animals will live here (so like 5 farmers and the animals, also adding a cook and a merchant so they can do their lives). The crop fields now will not be divided into different rooms so the limit of rooms is lower.
-Old Mountain and City: The mountain was destroyed becuase I thought weeks ago there were really no limits. Now its destroyed becuase it will look like the farmlands and the city are part of the same ecosystem, even if they are not. All of the rest of NPCS will live here, and will try to build most of the room in the game here.
-7 wonders: the desertland is where I will build unusable buildings that are beautiful (replicas of the ancient 7 wonders) but not usuable by NPCs, so no rooms inside them. MAYBE I put the epilogue guys living here, but thats a huge maybe, as maybe they need to live in one of the other islands.

I hope that makes the limits of actually having a working NPC city more feasible.

This is how the port that was in progress looked btw:
ECKJS6eUEAAJgNs

Theres like a open air bar in one of the conrers, that was basicaly no mans land and couldnt be used.

I was trying to recreate this port:
acf4631384842e875a8933e71bd74c03.jpg

Last edited:

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
Cute contraption I've been working on. Hoping there's no such thing as a switch/activator limit in this game, otherwise my bigger plans are dashed.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Cute contraption I've been working on. Hoping there's no such thing as a switch/activator limit in this game, otherwise my bigger plans are dashed.

Holy shit this is amazingly cool! Can I ask how you made that contraption?

But yeah, if you watch the limits video posted earlier, switches and magnets also have limits. 256 magnetic cubes can be placed in an island. Hope that enough for your plans!

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
256 magnetic cubes can be placed in an island. Hope that enough for your plans!
Oh gosh, I might be kinda boned since there're 47 magnetic blocks in this gate, alone.

I've got an open switch on top of the watchtower and a shut switch right behind the gate. There are two pairs of push/pull blocks- one that raises/lowers the gate, and the other that slides the grate. Each switch activates the appropriate block within both pairs with a push. If you try to make a direct path connecting switch to both push/pull blocks it needs to activate, there will be some collision issues, and one component will catch onto the other and not operate properly. You can solve that by introducing some signal lag by making a huge block of direction activators that do nothing but snake around and send the signal on a roundabout path while you're waiting for one process to finish before activating another.

Here's another experiment, trying to copy something I saw on Twitter, that shows the guts of the operation.

Last edited:

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Oh gosh, I might be kinda boned since there're 47 magnetic blocks in this gate, alone.

I've got an open switch on top of the watchtower and a shut switch right behind the gate. There are two pairs of push/pull blocks- one that raises/lowers the gate, and the other that slides the grate. Each switch activates both pairs of blocks with one push. If you try to make a direct path connecting switch to push/pull block, there will be some collision issues and one component will catch onto the other and not operate properly. You can solve that by introducing some signal lag by making a huge block of direction activators that do nothing but snake around and send the signal on a roundabout path while you're waiting for one process to finish before activating another.

Here's another experiment, trying to copy something I saw on Twitter, that shows the guts of the operation.

Yeah, I had a ton of ideas before I knew there were limits, now I need to simplify everything.
How you made the gate and the stairs is fantastic, I havent even delved into magnetic cubes and switches.

Now that ive experienced the game portably on switch, I would love for a PC version that had zero limits like minecraft and planet coaster does. No NPCs limit, no cubes limit, no rooms limit, no storage limit, no hanging painting limits, no fish limit.... Just the sweet power of a PC and sweet notes of it crashing or running at 1fps when everything turns too big for its own good lol I play Planet Coaster on single digit frames when I build something gigaenormous and let guests in, I dont give a damn about framrate on a building game lol
You hear me square? I will pay another 60 bucks for a PC version with zero limits!