• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
There is a trophy on PS4 for staying in the sea for 2 minutes. For a while I was worried it meant in the deep blue part where the merman is. I haven't gone out there since the demo so I was trying to plan how to do that. Luckily it works just fine hanging out in the more shallow water that is safe from the merman.

When do you learn or get spike trap? Kinda saw a youtube video about farming

Im currently on Khrumbul-Dun .. and I wish to farm some meat lol
I just got to island 3 where I learned to make spike traps. So you have some time to go before you have the recipe for it.

So I'm in chapter 2 and I don't want to construct the silver bar. The town is level 3 and level 4 guide isn't mentioning adding villager building? Once I grind to level them up to 4 will they build the blueprint with the chest of materials attached to the space with the blueprint?
I'm pretty sure the silver bar needs to be completed by you on your own. From my understanding, only the last structure for a story island is made by the full group.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Reallllly not a fan of the season pass and DLC content descriptions, but having played what is available so far it makes a lot more sense now.

• Aquarium Pack is the new island with the short questline, fishing, etc. The best one. But completing the quest line requires access to Chapter 3?
  • There is the farm island that is random but basically you can go there to farm a few new food and plants.
  • The rest is materials to build.
My hype went pretty high after Aquarium, but I guess if you did it in any other order...not so much. I still think the DLC is worth it, but basically only if you really enjoy building (to be fair, the point of the game)

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, for anyone still looking for the Builders 1 outfit, you need to unlock the sewing machine at IoA using gratitude points in order to make it. I only found out about it after beating the game because for some reason the game never tells you about it despite the hat being unlocked by default (though I think you need a B1 save file for both).

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I started island 3 yesterday. I set up so many traps for enemies that extended to where they were spawning. Got quite a few levels barely doing anything. Also switched to a weak weapon just to push them into the spikes lol. Although it now looks like I'll need to take up the traps because enemy spawns have changed and a vast majority of the traps are in my base where enemies most likely won't end up.

I really enjoy setting up traps

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Guys when you are back on the hub island, is there any way to put down blueprints that you have learned in the past so that your citizens can help build stuff?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to build the
Throne room
in IoA after Chapter 3 but the game isn't taking it. This is annoying.

Bossking

Nov 20, 2017
So back at the Isle of Awakening after Furrowfield, did you guys just set up villager homes like...anywhere? I've been waiting to find a good clearing since that's just what I'm used to, but I finished the river, meadow, chicken accomplishments and they're giving me optional challenges to start making houses. Does the whole island count as a town area? Should I just make a beeline for the next island before bothering making houses and such?

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm trying to build the
Throne room
in IoA after Chapter 3 but the game isn't taking it. This is annoying.
It's pretty dumb.
The room is too large it you just put walls on the perimeter. I had to build rooms on both sides of the carpet to finally get it within the 150 block size limit.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I already made it smaller before posting, but making it ALREADY MORE small did the trick. Thanks guys, but thats a sad looking room now lol

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
So back at the Isle of Awakening after Furrowfield, did you guys just set up villager homes like...anywhere? I've been waiting to find a good clearing since that's just what I'm used to, but I finished the river, meadow, chicken accomplishments and they're giving me optional challenges to start making houses. Does the whole island count as a town area? Should I just make a beeline for the next island before bothering making houses and such?
Yeah just build where you like when you like. It's your playground area. You can build or move on, whatever you like.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Anyone know how to fudge the room size limit? I'm trying to make a big bar but the biggest allowable size is not large enough.

If I build on to the room like put stairs going up a wall to a higher large area, and put things there like supper sets or dart boards, will the NPCs use them even though they would not be in a valid room?

I want bigger rooms there has to be a workaround!!!

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Anyone know how to fudge the room size limit? I'm trying to make a big bar but the biggest allowable size is not large enough.

If I build on to the room like put stairs going up a wall to a higher large area, and put things there like supper sets or dart boards, will the move use them even though it would not be a valid room?

I want bigger rooms there has to be a workaround!!!
You could use one tile high fencing or blocks and a doormat to make two seperate rooms that look like they're connected.

It's not perfect, but it'd look like a little area inside of a big room. Or do that with some creative use of stairs to make a split level looking room.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The shitty throne room problem is why i want to take down and rubild the castle from scratch. Now it looks terrible. Ive seen some incredible castle designs from japanese players and i want to try to emulate that.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
You could use one tile high fencing or blocks and a doormat to make two seperate rooms that look like they're connected.

It's not perfect, but it'd look like a little area inside of a big room. Or do that with some creative use of stairs to make a split level looking room.

I have not used doormats! So I build a fence along 1 wall, put 1 doormat along that in my current room against the fence, and then the higher area would be a valid room??
So what if I put stairs going up a wall and a doormat in front of the stairs would that work?

Thanks for the advice sorry for all the questions this has really confounded me for 2 days :)

Do you know if I make a connected higher area right next to my bar but the new space is not a room, will NPCs use things I put there? Or do you have to make an actual room for anything in it to work?

Also WTF are the Silver and Gold Bars then? They seem wayyy bigger than allowed but they exist and NPCs use them? Lol

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So, long after Chapter 3 , nearing ending spoilers

I'm at this monsters island, is this one as long as the others? I think I can like this one more than island 3, monsters dialog is always funny.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I only learned about door mats recently, but my understanding is that they're a special type of door that allows rooms to exist with only 1 tile high walls, instead of two. So picture what would be a valid room using regular walls and doors and anything that is okay with those rooms is okay with door mats.

The Silver Bar isn't actually even a room. It's not enclosed, it's just a bunch of sets of items, which NPCs will use no matter where they are.

The Gold Bar is a few smaller rooms next to each other.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I only learned about door mats recently, but my understanding is that they're a special type of door that allows rooms to exist with only 1 tile high walls, instead of two. So picture what would be a valid room using regular walls and doors and anything that is okay with those rooms is okay with door mats.

The Silver Bar isn't actually even a room. It's not enclosed, it's just a bunch of sets of items, which NPCs will use no matter where they are.

The Gold Bar is a few smaller rooms next to each other.
Wow thanks for all the info you have helped greatly. Silver bar not being a room blows my mind and proves I can create my own huge spaces as long as I have item sets in them ppl will use them which is exactly what I wanted. I've also not considered making 1 big thing consisting of lots of smaller rooms. Very interesting...I'm gonna have fun tonight!!

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Item sets are a HUGE improvement over Builders 1, where you'd have to build stupid whole rooms for well water or whatever because nobody would use anything if it wasn't specifically placed in its very specific room. And everything had to be 2 block walls with a door, no exceptions.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
It shows you the blueprint, but I can't find any button to lay them down on the floor.
Check at the bottom when looking at the blueprint, there should be a list of commands. One lists how to get the blueprint as an item which you can then use to place it. On the PS4 it's the big touch thing you use to go to the map as well.

Last edited:

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I saw this mentioned in the thread yet. There are three free items on PSN for DQB2 content.

Knickknack Pack with some new recipes. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA11230_00-CREATERECIPE0013

The next two are $0.49 each, but free for PS+ subscribers.
Lo-Res Luminary Recipes: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA11230_00-CREATERECIPE0002
Legendary Line Art Recipe: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA11230_00-CREATERECIPE0009

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I don't think I saw this mentioned in the thread yet. There are three free items on PSN for DQB2 content.

Knickknack Pack with some new recipes. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA11230_00-CREATERECIPE0013

The next two are $0.49 each, but free for PS+ subscribers.
Lo-Res Luminary Recipes: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA11230_00-CREATERECIPE0002
Legendary Line Art Recipe: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA11230_00-CREATERECIPE0009
Are these on the Switch? I don't recall any of these being in the game.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this. Been trying to make my people make drinks for my bar, yet they always cook my fruit. As soon as I put the cask down and put the fruit in the chest, instant drinks.
No problem. I actually found it by accident cause I just wanted a cask in the kitchen so I could use it myself and they made it instead. Glad I found it cause I like them making drinks on IoA as well.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
No problem. I actually found it by accident cause I just wanted a cask in the kitchen so I could use it myself and they made it instead. Glad I found it cause I like them making drinks on IoA as well.

What is funnier is two monster birds I made friends with are the ones cooking in my kitchen. I was just staring in wonderment thinking, 'why are the birds cooking?''.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
What is funnier is two monster birds I made friends with are the ones cooking in my kitchen. I was just staring in wonderment thinking, 'why are the birds cooking?''.
Monsters cook?! That's pretty cool. I thought only humans would do that. Especially the little kid from furrowfield.

The monster behavior I was surprised at was that the slime I brought will hop on a bonfire to leave me oil

JohnnyJoestar

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Anyone got tips on getting the "sell 100 thing" tablet target? I've had the shop set up in scarlet sands as soon as I could and I still haven't sold anything. I finished chapter 3 already

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got tips on getting the "sell 100 thing" tablet target? I've had the shop set up in scarlet sands as soon as I could and I still haven't sold anything. I finished chapter 3 already

I'm still working on that one too but what I did is make a good-sized shop and a couple hundred of each item for sale. Most of what I make is from infinite-item components, which helps immensely. It's not super-fast but the number of sold items is going up regularly. Just make sure to put the price tag down first, then use the price tag like a single-item-holding chest to store what's for sale.

SonicRift

Oct 27, 2017
Hey happy DQ friends! What's multiplayer like in this game? Is it just coop building, or can 2 people quest together?
...Asking for my marriage.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Monsters cook?! That's pretty cool. I thought only humans would do that. Especially the little kid from furrowfield.

The monster behavior I was surprised at was that the slime I brought will hop on a bonfire to leave me oil

There is something darkly amusing about watching the kid from Furrowfield mix drinks and saying how wonderful it is.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
This chapter 3 boss fight is a joke right?

you have to fight 120+ enemies per round? About 30/40 of which seem to take me about 2 minutes to kill each with full top level equipment? Whhhhyyyyy? I must be missing something here, especially with how easily they destroy your defenses and walls

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
So, long after Chapter 3 , nearing ending spoilers

I'm at this monsters island, is this one as long as the others? I think I can like this one more than island 3, monsters dialog is always funny.

Is shorter, but still long. Is also really fun with a cool surprise in the form of a creation.
This chapter 3 boss fight is a joke right?

you have to fight 120+ enemies per round? About 30/40 of which seem to take me about 2 minutes to kill each with full top level equipment? Whhhhyyyyy? I must be missing something here, especially with how easily they destroy your defenses and walls
Do you alaready have the banner? Use it 4 times on your army to power it up, they will do more damage. You do very little damage alone im comparison.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to create a bell on the island of awakening? I want to not miss any hearts.