• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Wish there was a way to get the room items you need to craft to show up at the crafting table, like they do when you have an active blueprint. I'm trying to make simple rooms on my IOA and I have to keep checking the Builderpedia to remember what I need to make a kitchen or whatever and it's annoying. Would be nice to be able to see what I need for a kitchen as I craft. Guess it's time to break out the old gaming notepad...

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Finished the game, that was a great closing to the story, I loved every second. Took my sweet time too as my Switch says it took me 70+ hours.

One of my complaints about B1 was that while it did awesome things with DQ1's story, it felt too safe in places and rather low budget-ish. B2 is by no means AAA but they got way more creative and knocked it out of the park with the last hours of game. Really masterful stuff.

Now post game looks huge and with endless possibilities. This thing really never stops giving.

Yes, you're reaching the end. I'd suggest you restore your regular appearances so the gear you're wearing is visible, btw.

I loved that little touch, haha.

I'm just now finishing Chapter 3 and I'm at over 90 hours (spent days building my island before going to Chapter 3 and took my time since I wanted to be home when I did Chapter 3).

Also, loved Chapter 3 since it had a different feel than the first two chapters.

Building death traps was different than building different types of rooms and it turned the castle into a war machine. Problem was, there wasn't much room for creativity. Also, screw Warwick. Felt good killing his ass even when the game was trying to make him sympathetic. That said, the farewell and ending left me in a warm place even compared to the great conclusion of Chapter 1.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can relate lol, most of my time playing was spent doing stuff on my own at IoA. The freedom is just too enticing.
I'm nowhere near the end yet but how do I do this? My guys been in the same armour for aaaages and I'm bored of it
You need to use a dressing table and select the outfit that's currently visible again to deselect it.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
How the Season Pass is marketed: Here's 3 more rando locations + a bunch of new blocks that hardly seem necessary
How the Pass actually works: Islands with new quests, mechanics, and some food types that are very rare or not found anywhere else.

I honestly wish I had bought it day one.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
So nobody else commenting how all of Chapter 2 is basically a giant shaggy dog story?

The whole plot was a setup for the "Goldiblocks and the three bars" comment, as far as I'm concerned.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
How the Season Pass is marketed: Here's 3 more rando locations + a bunch of new blocks that hardly seem necessary
How the Pass actually works: Islands with new quests, mechanics, and some food types that are very rare or not found anywhere else.

I'm glad I did, the new content works really well when integrated into the main game's story

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I just finished the first game and really enjoyed it. I didn't go for 100% and it was still a pretty long game, probably put in roughly 60 hours.

I might have to wait a bit before diving into 2 though as I would probably get burnt out playing them back to back.

Oct 28, 2017
Is it not possible to create a big restroom with multiple toilets/pots? I'm in chapter 2. I create one room with seven pots and one toilet, seperated by the wooden blinders. I put some lights and some towels. The people are only using the toilet.
I tried making one before Island 3 and it didn't work at all. For some reason the room "Public Toilet" registered better for me when I put the screens off to the side rather than partitioning the toilets. It may be a room size issue, I cramped everything together and hung the towels over the backs of the toilets when trying again.
Wish there was a way to get the room items you need to craft to show up at the crafting table, like they do when you have an active blueprint. I'm trying to make simple rooms on my IOA and I have to keep checking the Builderpedia to remember what I need to make a kitchen or whatever and it's annoying. Would be nice to be able to see what I need for a kitchen as I craft. Guess it's time to break out the old gaming notepad...
I'm using this google doc which was found on the DQ reddit, iirc. Search function is key, and it also has lists of other important things (like cooking recipes) in another tab.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still on the first island trying to get night soil and the toilet never fills up. I think my villagers aren't pooping. How do I get them to poop? (This might be the weirdest thing I've typed into the Internet.)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on the first island trying to get night soil and the toilet never fills up. I think my villagers aren't pooping. How do I get them to poop? (This might be the weirdest thing I've typed into the Internet.)
My only guess is to make sure there's a healthy supply of food for them to cook and eat. Other than that, I guess it could be the toilet isn't officially a toilet somehow and so they're not using it as such.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I can relate lol, most of my time playing was spent doing stuff on my own at IoA. The freedom is just too enticing.

You need to use a dressing table and select the outfit that's currently visible again to deselect it.

Your personal island in this game is so much better than the first that it's not even funny. I unlocked everything in the first game and only played the private island for 15 hours compared to the 90 hours I put in the campaign because once you get all the unbreakable stuff, the game turned into Minecraft for me and I just can't build with no objective in mind. Here is like I'm playing Stardrew Valley (except the days are more forgiven), mixed with Animal Crossing and the first Dragon Quest Builders. Like, I build to make the people I met happy and healthy instead of just having mindless NPCs who do nothing except cook.

Having the island be part of the story and something you can do between chapters was the best thing they did for this game. That and not starting your character from square one after every chapter. Especially since you get to keep the majority of the NPCs you have grown fond to. That said, I really wanted that dog in Chapter 1 to join my island. And to get rid of Lulu. She grinds on my nerves.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

I have to try it out, once I play Fire Emblem that has been sitting waiting to play since it was pre-load.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
My only guess is to make sure there's a healthy supply of food for them to cook and eat. Other than that, I guess it could be the toilet isn't officially a toilet somehow and so they're not using it as such.
Solved it, thank you! Turned out the problem was actually just the location of the toilet being to far away from the eating area, which I thought would actually be a good thing. Now that I've moved the toilets the trains appear to be running on time.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'm glad I did, the new content works really well when integrated into the main game's story
I just finished island 2 (the mining town). How does the DLC work? When/where is it activated? Is it out already?

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
I just finished island 2 (the mining town). How does the DLC work? When/where is it activated? Is it out already?

It's all out. Just buy the season pass and restart the game (at least, that's how it works on Switch). The islands are reached from the boat, so next time you are at the Island of Awakening you can take the boat to those places without any hearts expense.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't wrap my head around the fact that this was developed by Omega Force. Just seems so far away from their usual output.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
When do you learn or get spike trap? Kinda saw a youtube video about farming

Im currently on Khrumbul-Dun .. and I wish to farm some meat lol

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm in chapter 2 and I don't want to construct the silver bar. The town is level 3 and level 4 guide isn't mentioning adding villager building? Once I grind to level them up to 4 will they build the blueprint with the chest of materials attached to the space with the blueprint?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Took me so long to make a damn bar in the pyramid. Oh just make a simple sipping set with a decorative food item. Tried lots of different ones before realising it literally wants flagons. Needs to be more explicit

Also - in IoA - are you duplicating fields etc in all areas? Haven't gotten around to that yet in scarlet sands and for now I just stole half the green gardens stash of ingredients and dumped in the kitchen chest in the pyramid

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Post island 2:
I'm thinking of just demolishing the pyramid. It's not symmetrical at the upper part, and the top part also sits one tile too far to the left (not to mention it's ugly). Don't know if I'm up for adjusting this manually.

Last edited:

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I need help! On my isle in desert area I built a mine cart track and on one side is houses etc I built. On the other side is a pyramid with stuff inside it. Every morning the villagers walk outside and stare at the pyramid all day and will not cross the mine cart tracks. Are they able to? I assumed so but no idea what else could be causing this!

EDIT: damn I'm having real issues tonight. So I started building a bar. I laid out the walls and put a door and then a bed And light just to check and it's not registering as a room?!! It's pretty damn big but I looked at the Silver and Gold bar and figured since they were ok this would work. Is there a limit to the size in floor space a room can be. I've checked to ensure the wall is complete and door is there but it treats it as nothing. If there is a size limit I've not heard of it. Can someone please please help me? I'm at a stand still for now because I simply have no idea why the room isn't registering. Ugh :/

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I need help! On my isle in desert area I built a mine cart track and on one side is houses etc I built. On the other side is a pyramid with stuff inside it. Every morning the villagers walk outside and stare at the pyramid all day and will not cross the mine cart tracks. Are they able to? I assumed so but no idea what else could be causing this!

EDIT: damn I'm having real issues tonight. So I started building a bar. I laid out the walls and put a door and then a bed And light just to check and it's not registering as a room?!! It's pretty damn big but I looked at the Silver and Gold bar and figured since they were ok this would work. Is there a limit to the size in floor space a room can be. I've checked to ensure the wall is complete and door is there but it treats it as nothing. If there is a size limit I've not heard of it. Can someone please please help me? I'm at a stand still for now because I simply have no idea why the room isn't registering. Ugh :/

I had some issues building inside the pyramid. some of the blocks with curved edges on the bottom I think weren't being counted as 'full' blocks. Once I replaced them I got the room triggered.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I had some issues building inside the pyramid. some of the blocks with curved edges on the bottom I think weren't being counted as 'full' blocks. Once I replaced them I got the room triggered.

Oh wait sorry the bar I'm building is over on the other side of the tracks near my houses. I'm using golemite walls and a door. Walls are 3-4 blocks high and yeah it's not saying it's a room. If there is a size limit I'd love to know how the Gold bar works lol. I was thinking I could make a smaller room and then put stairs on a wall going up to a higher area that's open and putting things there but since that area above wouldn't technically be a "room" I'm not sure if people would use the things I put there or even walk into that area. So confused I just want to make a big bar lol

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017

I had a similar problem with the throne room in the castle you are forced to build on awakening island.
Didnt trigger the room maybe because of the 2 height?
Had to make a small room and then expand it from there to trigger a bigher one.

Even then that atrocious pyramid and castle are going to be demolished because i can make the castle better and the pyramid os a fucking eyesore.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Post island 2:
I'm thinking of just demolishing the pyramid. It's not symmetrical at the upper part, and the top part also sits one tile too far to the left (not to mention it's ugly). Don't know if I'm up for adjusting this manually.
You're fine... the issue though is how to get your villagers to help you build stuffs...

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just grumpy the villagers placed all these blueprints themselves and it didn't turn out completely symmetrical. I might take some pictures to show what I mean later today.
Just destroy the pyramid, its too big for its own good and an eyesore. If you are creative person you want to demolish that as soon as you finish all the missions from that area and never look back.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Just destroy the pyramid, its too big for its own good and an eyesore. If you are creative person you want to demolish that as soon as you finish all the missions from that area and never look back.

Yeah, I'll probably do that when I'm done with all the requests. I kind of don't like how the game tries to control the development of what's supposed to be your own island, but I guess that won't be a problem once you're done with all the tablet objectives/requests.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'll probably do that when I'm done with all the requests. I kind of don't like how the game tries to control the development of what's supposed to be your own island, but I guess that won't be a problem once you're done with all the tablet objectives/requests.
As a creative person im with you. While the river and grass seem like a natural thing to ask you, the pyramid and castle brakes my "this is my island" design phylosophy the game tends to go for.
I suppose those are made to get non creative people have something, but did it had to be the pyramid so massively huge?

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
So I'm back to my island after island 3. Things to note

-Lulu was kinda of an ass to the citizens that builded that castle, even if it was kind of half assed. And to think I was defending her here!

- I really really really hope Malroth's ass stays in that beach and never comes again. Fuck him.

I guess I' m nearing the end. Gameplay wise this game is no doubt better than the first, but I'm gonna be the weirdo that thinks the story mode was better in Builders 1. It was more focused on just building and exploring.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
As a creative person im with you. While the river and grass seem like a natural thing to ask you, the pyramid and castle brakes my "this is my island" design phylosophy the game tends to go for.
I suppose those are made to get non creative people have something, but did it had to be the pyramid so massively huge?

I'm a creative person and I don't mind the pyramid. I treat it like Disney World Resort. And I can't wait for the castle since I now have endless marble.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm back to my island after island 3. Things to note

-Lulu was kinda of an ass to the citizens that builded that castle, even if it was kind of half assed. And to think I was defending her here!

- I really really really hope Malroth's ass stays in that beach and never comes again. Fuck him.

I guess I' m nearing the end. Gameplay wise this game is no doubt better than the first, but I'm gonna be the weirdo that thinks the story mode was better in Builders 1. It was more focused on just building and exploring.

You think you are in the end but the end is looooong hahahaha (and pretty good actually).
What dud i told you of lulu being an ass, that castle part reafirms it, and the lulutopia thing, if its a joke she says it too many times.
While i dont usually enjoy characters like malroth, he redeems himself with the ending, as he has pretty good scenes and i think, while not your fault the
prison him part was pretty harsh during that segment
(lulu also, but only a little).

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not too worried. Desert area isn't that interesting anyway so I'll probably build more around the original area for my 'free build' stuff. And even then considering the RPG elements I'm mostly just building 2-high boxes filled with things - the third person camera makes fully enclosed houses tricky too

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
he has pretty good scenes and i think, while not your fault the
prison him part was pretty harsh during that segment
(lulu also, but only a little).

Yeah that was a little harsh but
he was already acting like an ass long before thatand he just keeps acting like a spoiled kid after that.

I also just like being alone better than having always an NPC following me, although the gameplay isn't suited for that (stronger enemies than in 1).

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
he was already acting like an ass long before thatand he just keeps acting like a spoiled kid after that.

I also just like being alone better than having always an NPC following me, although the gameplay isn't suited for that (stronger enemies than in 1).

I kinda lost respect for him when he got those three soldiers killed. They really looked up to him, too, and he was like "whatever". He showed some remorse later on, but that doesn't really help the dead.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's all out. Just buy the season pass and restart the game (at least, that's how it works on Switch). The islands are reached from the boat, so next time you are at the Island of Awakening you can take the boat to those places without any hearts expense.
Well that is swell. I presume these new islands are of the smaller, randomized variety and don't have storylines attached to them?

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Had fun playing the game but, as a person with not a creative bone in their body, after finishing the game I'm sadly not finding the drive to keep playing. I'm really someone who needs a goal and purpose in a game. It's why I barely played Minecraft, and by the end, it's pretty much freeform building.

I really wish they would've kept an eternal strife area or something, or even just continued attacks on that killbox in the Cerulean steppes. Building that whole thing up for one pitiful assault was such a shame. As an OMD fan I was really looking forward to playing with optimized settings for it.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
Well that is swell. I presume these new islands are of the smaller, randomized variety and don't have storylines attached to them?

Small, not random at all AFAIK? Fishing island has a small quest series, a new tool, and then a quest line that require you to go to another location. I really just started, but it's not the random "check x blocks" setup at all. I assume the others are also like this (I heard there is
rice
on one of the other islands), which can be used for a lot of recipes.

Will check in after I see the other DLC locations...

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Reading a lot of these posts made me realize that the thing that really frustrated me about the pyramid was the fact that it is a step-pyramid with an ugly statue on top. I'm going to try and replace the top with a proper egyptian one and smooth the steps out with the diagonal chisel.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I don't mind the castle or the pyramid. I'm building the pyramid into a Las Vegas style tourist trap and the castle has potential.
Kinda

The bamboo island requires you to have unlocked the adjacent island.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Ah, there you go. I had already completed most of the game, so it didn't seem particularly connected. But it makes sense.
I started with the DLC right from the start, and was actually pretty confused as to where the Bamboo island was, since it didn't show up even after I beat Island 2. I took awhile to unlock the other island, because I don't really like the farm people or the farm plot, so I didn't mess around enough to get enough hearts.

That's why I remembered it did that

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I actually caved an bought the season pass yesterday. Im an idiot at matjs and is actually 5 euros cheaper than buying everything alone not more expensive lol
The fishing is like crack. Got huge fishes that im going to keep until i build an aquarium.
The other packs just give you so much new stuff to build your dream island that is absurd.
I thoughr that as the game gave me more than 100 hours of great content i was going to give them some more money.

Get a big iron golem as a friend and even the tritons will be easy peasy. Then you can leave malroth at the island.

I always bring to gather materials to the explorer islands the golem and the gryffon (the bird with wings). One lets yoy fly and charter the island super fast to find the big monsters and the explorer house in each island. The golem kills any big monster fast as is a bulldozing machine to gather materials.

Last edited: