• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear it works fine!
I don't think SE officially announced anything, but given how well their MMOs are doing, I'm sure it will be alive for at least a few years. FFXI stopped getting big expansions years ago, and the servers are still up.
Honestly, even if the next expansion is the last one (which I doubt, also I don't think it has been officially announced yet or anything), it's still worth to play the whole thing since version 1.0 if only for the story. It's great, my second favorite DQ maybe, after V.
Good to hear! Played 3 hours last night (pretty much just completed the intro) and I had a blast. Looking forward to diving in again later tonight.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Good to hear! Played 3 hours last night (pretty much just completed the intro) and I had a blast. Looking forward to diving in again later tonight.
If you enjoyed the intro, which is probably the most ancient feeling part of the game (I haven't played it post the changes, but I somehow doubt it's terribly different than it was), you're in for a real treat. 1.0/1.X are fine, but it's the expansions where the game becomes amazing story-wise.

Also, you haven't probably unlocked it yet, but remember that once you can grab other players' characters as NPCs, if they're your friends, level restrictions don't apply. That means that you can be a level 20 character with 3 level 110 NPCs, which trivializes a lot of the combat, but at least allows you quickly go through the story.

I also recommend you read my early posts in the thread, mainly this and this (here is a link to the main page of that wiki, the UI is pretty bad).
When possible, you should definitely focus on doing super useful quests (here).

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
If you enjoyed the intro, which is probably the most ancient feeling part of the game (I haven't played it post the changes, but I somehow doubt it's terribly different than it was), you're in for a real treat. 1.0/1.X are fine, but it's the expansions where the game becomes amazing story-wise.

Also, you haven't probably unlocked it yet, but remember that once you can grab other players' characters as NPCs, if they're your friends, level restrictions don't apply. That means that you can be a level 20 character with 3 level 110 NPCs, which trivializes a lot of the combat, but at least allows you quickly go through the story.

I also recommend you read my early posts in the thread, mainly this and this (here is a link to the main page of that wiki, the UI is pretty bad).
When possible, you should definitely focus on doing super useful quests (here).
Thanks once again! I bookmarked the useful quest and general progress guide webpages that you linked. I'll reference them as I go. I don't have a Japanese Apple account, so I don't think I can get the phone companion app yet. I'm actually supposed to moving to Japan in March (...originally this month, but COVID-19 messed those plans up), and when I get a phone in Japan I'll prob create a JP Apple account. I really want to play DQ Walk too.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Thanks once again! I bookmarked the useful quest and general progress guide webpages that you linked. I'll reference them as I go. I don't have a Japanese Apple account, so I don't think I can get the phone companion app yet. I'm actually supposed to moving to Japan in March (...originally this month, but COVID-19 messed those plans up), and when I get a phone in Japan I'll prob create a JP Apple account. I really want to play DQ Walk too.
I definitely recommend making a JP Apple account, and if you're planning to keep playing DQX until you come here maybe even now, do a quick switch and just download the app. It's really, really useful.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Are you trying to beat it on a normal difficulty level by any chance? I remember the 4.0 boss being hard right after release, but for everything else switching to "easy" has been enough. I know it's not ideal, but I don't think the AI is good enough to manage harder fights on higher difficulty levels.
Yeah I usually do Normal or Hard but I wiped twice almost instantly on Normal so I dropped down to Easy and still wiped fairly soon. Not sure AI is gonna be able to handle it, which leaves me stuck...

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Yeah I usually do Normal or Hard but I wiped twice almost instantly on Normal so I dropped down to Easy and still wiped fairly soon. Not sure AI is gonna be able to handle it, which leaves me stuck...
I was actually thinking about playing for a bit, so you can either use my character, or I could maybe even team up with you in person?

By the way, for both you and guru-guru, there is a new present code in case you haven't seen it: ごてんさんありがとう
銀の錬金石 15個
超元気玉 5個
ふくびき券 53枚
勇気の輝石交換券 20枚

Which reminds, me - guru-guru, make sure to use all the active item codes in the main menu, to get some helpful stuff: https://dq10.i-k-e.net/item/present/

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually thinking about playing for a bit, so you can either use my character, or I could maybe even team up with you in person?

By the way, for both you and guru-guru, there is a new present code in case you haven't seen it: ごてんさんありがとう
銀の錬金石 15個
超元気玉 5個
ふくびき券 53枚
勇気の輝石交換券 20枚

Which reminds, me - guru-guru, make sure to use all the active item codes in the main menu, to get some helpful stuff: https://dq10.i-k-e.net/item/present/
Thanks. Redeemed a ton of them. Hit level 32 today; having a lot of fun! I figure I'll just do the main quests, the 超お役立ち quests on the website you linked, and go from there.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Thanks. Redeemed a ton of them. Hit level 32 today; having a lot of fun! I figure I'll just do the main quests, the 超お役立ち quests on the website you linked, and go from there.
That's the best way to go, unless you really want to get deep into the game.
As for the gear, you can check some of my previous posts on some tips how to get endgame gear without having to pay gold for it.
Also, feel free to add me to friends, my code is in the OP. You'll be able to use my lv 112+ Death Master for free!

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
That's the best way to go, unless you really want to get deep into the game.
As for the gear, you can check some of my previous posts on some tips how to get endgame gear without having to pay gold for it.
Also, feel free to add me to friends, my code is in the OP. You'll be able to use my lv 112+ Death Master for free!
Okay, I'll send you a friend request. I'll probably wait before using your 112 level Death Master—I'm fighting most bosses on hard and having fun doing so. Your character would destroy them all way too easy!

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

銀の錬金石 15個
超元気玉 5個
ふくびき券 53枚
勇気の輝石交換券 20枚

Nice, welcome back! I have a couple of friends at 114-116 already so I've been using them but I'm still unable to get the job done (I'm a 108 warrior myself with mostly lv 108 gear from Zenmea). The fight is really tough. Got kinda close yesterday but still I'd say maybe only 60% of the way there, and that was on the easiest setting. IDK much about the class you're using (Deathmaster) - what's its deal? More magic focused?

Usually when I get stuck I can read the 攻略 tips and get by but somehow with this one I'm still getting roasted (maybe warrior isn't the best vocation for this one, heh).

BTW Hasemo - do metal pair tickets work for a full party or only for two people? I have eight of 'em right now I'd like to use but not sure if we could all share or if it has to be just two peeps. (I've only ever done it with two before but they weren't my tickets so I was just along for the ride more or less.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I need more high level friends to use... Whenever I get back to the game. :/ This fall is so busy with games.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Nice, welcome back! I have a couple of friends at 114-116 already so I've been using them but I'm still unable to get the job done (I'm a 108 warrior myself with mostly lv 108 gear from Zenmea). The fight is really tough. Got kinda close yesterday but still I'd say maybe only 60% of the way there, and that was on the easiest setting. IDK much about the class you're using (Deathmaster) - what's its deal? More magic focused?

Usually when I get stuck I can read the 攻略 tips and get by but somehow with this one I'm still getting roasted (maybe warrior isn't the best vocation for this one, heh).

BTW Hasemo - do metal pair tickets work for a full party or only for two people? I have eight of 'em right now I'd like to use but not sure if we could all share or if it has to be just two peeps. (I've only ever done it with two before but they weren't my tickets so I was just along for the ride more or less.)
Pair tickets only work for 2 people (which is why they're called pair tickets : p).

Death Master is weird - has healing (aoe heal/res included), attack magic, summons which they can boost and some physical skills. A mix of everything, really.

As for boss fights, I honestly recommend going with a defense focused setup, something like Paladin/僧侶/that new summoner class. It might take a while, but you should be able to do it. When grabbing NPCs, be sure to check their resistances. If you're looking at a guide, you'll know what the boss can hit you with. Good players have all or most at 100%, and while getting there yourself might be hard, having a healer/tank which can be instakilled is usually good enough in my experience.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Pair tickets only work for 2 people (which is why they're called pair tickets : p).

Death Master is weird - has healing (aoe heal/res included), attack magic, summons which they can boost and some physical skills. A mix of everything, really.

As for boss fights, I honestly recommend going with a defense focused setup, something like Paladin/僧侶/that new summoner class. It might take a while, but you should be able to do it. When grabbing NPCs, be sure to check their resistances. If you're looking at a guide, you'll know what the boss can hit you with. Good players have all or most at 100%, and while getting there yourself might be hard, having a healer/tank which can be instakilled is usually good enough in my experience.
OK, I dumped my usual support nakama and went after ppl who were specifically strong against breath attacks and spells, and that made a huge difference. Next round, I won the fight with relative ease! I'd never even really bothered looking at resistances before - it really hasn't been necessary (probably because I was usually overleveled). It's nice to have to consider this stuff now tho, and I feel like I understand the game a little better for it too. So thanks for the tip!

(FWIW, my party was warrior, paladin, mage, and priest.)

Just got to the first town in 3.4 and finally moving on again. Woot!

(Oh, and re: "pair" tickets - yeah, in English it makes sense, but I didn't trust those guys to be using the word properly in Japanese, so was just checking, haha.)

If anyone here ever wants to join me for some metal pair runs, LMK!

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
OK, I dumped my usual support nakama and went after ppl who were specifically strong against breath attacks and spells, and that made a huge difference. Next round, I won the fight with relative ease! I'd never even really bothered looking at resistances before - it really hasn't been necessary (probably because I was usually overleveled). It's nice to have to consider this stuff now tho, and I feel like I understand the game a little better for it too. So thanks for the tip!

(FWIW, my party was warrior, paladin, mage, and priest.)

Just got to the first town in 3.4 and finally moving on again. Woot!

(Oh, and re: "pair" tickets - yeah, in English it makes sense, but I didn't trust those guys to be using the word properly in Japanese, so was just checking, haha.)

If anyone here ever wants to join me for some metal pair runs, LMK!
Glad to hear you were able to get through that fight!
I completely understand where you're coming from, since my stance regarding various resistances has been the same most of the time because of overleveled NPCs.
To be honest, nowadays I just try to get characters who cover most bases and so far it's been pretty okay.

Mages are neat, but I feel that during longer fights you have to feed them a lot of MP, so better bring a lot of items. (It wasn't that big of a deal back when I was playing Magic Knight, since the special attack would recover everyone's MP - by the way, have you unlocked チャンス and all the other special things like 200 point skills etc.?)
Speaking of items, you're probably swimming in mini medals - my suggestion is to grab everything that you need/want and stock up on the resurrection leaves, I think they cost 1 or 2?

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Glad to hear you were able to get through that fight!
I completely understand where you're coming from, since my stance regarding various resistances has been the same most of the time because of overleveled NPCs.
To be honest, nowadays I just try to get characters who cover most bases and so far it's been pretty okay.

Mages are neat, but I feel that during longer fights you have to feed them a lot of MP, so better bring a lot of items. (It wasn't that big of a deal back when I was playing Magic Knight, since the special attack would recover everyone's MP - by the way, have you unlocked チャンス and all the other special things like 200 point skills etc.?)
Speaking of items, you're probably swimming in mini medals - my suggestion is to grab everything that you need/want and stock up on the resurrection leaves, I think they cost 1 or 2?
I use a mage all the time (they're so powerful!) but haven't run into any MP issues before. I usually warp back to one of the starting towns to hit an inn when my MP is low since the inn costs are so cheap (20G or something? I forget).

I do have チャンス! I do not have 200 point skills (only 180). The fight to get 200 is another one of those that totally kicks my ass (though I'll go back and re-think it now w/this new info, at least). I figured I just wasn't ready for it yet.

I have 1000+ mini medals - I got all the unique items and then spent a couple hundred on しぐさs and stuff, otherwise haven't used many. I have like 20 yggdrasil leaves tho so for the moment I'm fine, but will keep it in mind if things get dire, haha.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I use a mage all the time (they're so powerful!) but haven't run into any MP issues before. I usually warp back to one of the starting towns to hit an inn when my MP is low since the inn costs are so cheap (20G or something? I forget).

I do have チャンス! I do not have 200 point skills (only 180). The fight to get 200 is another one of those that totally kicks my ass (though I'll go back and re-think it now w/this new info, at least). I figured I just wasn't ready for it yet.

I have 1000+ mini medals - I got all the unique items and then spent a couple hundred on しぐさs and stuff, otherwise haven't used many. I have like 20 yggdrasil leaves tho so for the moment I'm fine, but will keep it in mind if things get dire, haha.
I remember that there was one fight in the game I just couldn't do with the NPCs, I think I tried 5? times or so. It was one of the level cap ones around ~100 I think. Looking back, I should have just changed my NPC's vocations, but instead I partied up for hard content for the first time.

I think the 200 point skills are really important, since not only the active skill is very strong, but you'll also probably get 1 or 2 strong passives in those slots (at least that's how it was for me, when I chose the recommended skills).

Mage is indeed very strong, although I haven't used one in a long time - maybe they made the MP management easier, or my memory is just fuzzy. That said, the Geomancer (?) is an amazing class, since they can not only cast magic, but the same goes for their summon. Depending on which one is on the field, you might have 2 characters with a res, which is great for harder fights.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Ooooh, yep, went back and managed to win the 200 skill point battle too. Lots of nice bonuses there from all the extra skills!

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Finished 3.4 last night (the water realm) - that was quite the plot twist! Wasn't expecting that at all - super curious to see where this goes. Will move into 3.5 this weekend...

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Woot, ver 3 completely finished. Watched the ending last night and just saved after watching the 4.0 prologue.

I'm about to hit the level cap with Warrior so I'm thinking about trying a new vocation. Maybe Battlemaster? I raised Paladin into the 90s but it's kind of a boring class so I think I'm done with it. Interested in another good damage dealer tho and the Battlemasters I've played with have been pretty good in that regard.

Two rando Q's:
1. Is the Halloween quest worth doing?
2. When does the voice acting start? Is that version 5?

I think I'm all caught up on sub-quests and all the important quests too (bag size, skill point cap increases, etc etc). Apart from the main story I feel like I'm finally no longer playing catch up. Pretty exciting!

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Woot, ver 3 completely finished. Watched the ending last night and just saved after watching the 4.0 prologue.

I'm about to hit the level cap with Warrior so I'm thinking about trying a new vocation. Maybe Battlemaster? I raised Paladin into the 90s but it's kind of a boring class so I think I'm done with it. Interested in another good damage dealer tho and the Battlemasters I've played with have been pretty good in that regard.

Two rando Q's:
1. Is the Halloween quest worth doing?
2. When does the voice acting start? Is that version 5?

I think I'm all caught up on sub-quests and all the important quests too (bag size, skill point cap increases, etc etc). Apart from the main story I feel like I'm finally no longer playing catch up. Pretty exciting!
Honestly I'd try Death Master or Geomancer - I feel like the newer the class, the more cool stuff they have.
No idea about the seasonal event, since I usually skip those, but the voice acting indeed starts with the 5.0 expansion.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to 2.3! Still having a lot of fun. I believe my main job is around level 93 atm. I'm not going to do the next level unlock quest for a bit and instead pump all that EXP into other jobs so I can unlock all the passives. I'm playing as a 武闘家 and a バトルマスター, so I really need to unlock passives from other classes that boost DEF. Anyhow, I'm still having a blast and astounded by how much content this game has, even taking into consideration that it has been running for 8 years now.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Made it to 2.3! Still having a lot of fun. I believe my main job is around level 93 atm. I'm not going to do the next level unlock quest for a bit and instead pump all that EXP into other jobs so I can unlock all the passives. I'm playing as a 武闘家 and a バトルマスター, so I really need to unlock passives from other classes that boost DEF. Anyhow, I'm still having a blast and astounded by how much content this game has, even taking into consideration that it has been running for 8 years now.
If you ever want to try and sync up for a metal pair run or three, LMK. I think I have 7 or 8 tickets sitting there.

I finished 4.0 yesterday and started 4.1 today. I dabbled with some other jobs after hitting the level cap with warrior but ended up at gladiator/battlemaster anyway. I think I just like physical attack jobs, heh heh. Hit level 90 today, and equipped two of those lv 90 falcon+ swords, so that's been fun. Spent some Zelmea tickets to get some level 90 gear and am about to go back to the main story soon. Hoping to get to at least 5.0 by the end of the holiday break, if not be caught up entirely! (Maybe wishful thinking.)

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
If you ever want to try and sync up for a metal pair run or three, LMK. I think I have 7 or 8 tickets sitting there.

I finished 4.0 yesterday and started 4.1 today. I dabbled with some other jobs after hitting the level cap with warrior but ended up at gladiator/battlemaster anyway. I think I just like physical attack jobs, heh heh. Hit level 90 today, and equipped two of those lv 90 falcon+ swords, so that's been fun. Spent some Zelmea tickets to get some level 90 gear and am about to go back to the main story soon. Hoping to get to at least 5.0 by the end of the holiday break, if not be caught up entirely! (Maybe wishful thinking.)
Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately, my timezone is PST and I work on weekends, so I think it might be hard to link up. I should be moving to Japan in April (*fingers crossed*) and I'll take you up on your offer then—if you have any tickets left!

Good luck getting caught up! I'm almost done 2.4 and my goal is to get caught up by March. Maybe that's too ambitious of me...

By the way, a new class is coming in 5.4 that looks really cool.

EotwAE1UYAEqxmT.jpg

EotwKpNVQAAsoNN.jpg

EotxHqYVEAMAw61.jpg

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Whoa, interesting. AFAIK this is new to the series, huh? Can't recall any game having a 魔剣士 before... Excited to try it, looks right up my alley!

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
This new class has very strong "let's use the effects we made for Death Master" vibe. Same colors, a gauge too.
Mechanic seem different enough, with charging the gauge through attacking and no summons.
I'll probably unlock it next time I play, but mostly for the passives. Don't feel like grabbing a full set of equipment different than what I'm using now.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Oh huh, looks like maybe the 魔剣士 Psaro stuff started around DQ Heroes? Seems like they just called him Psaro in English tho so I'm not sure if there's an official localization for it. Nonetheless, super stoked to try this. Out next week, apparently!

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wow at the last dark swordsman vocation quest being quest #666...lol. These guys take this stuff seriously, huh, haha.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Wow at the last dark swordsman vocation quest being quest #666...lol. These guys take this stuff seriously, huh, haha.
Yikes. By the way, any feeling which weapons would work the best on it? I kind of want to keep rolling with my scythe, but I'm worried it might be too weak.

Also a reminder, the new lv 110 weapons have been added as Defense Corps rewards, so as usual there's no need to buy them off the market!

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I reactivated so I'll be playing over the holiday break. If you haven't, please add me to your friend lists.
アマティ
WT862-211

I never did try the defense corps stuff last time I was playing, and the tutorial is long gone, so I'm going to have to figure it out. I'm still hesitant to play with random people who expect me to be good at the game.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yikes. By the way, any feeling which weapons would work the best on it? I kind of want to keep rolling with my scythe, but I'm worried it might be too weak.

Also a reminder, the new lv 110 weapons have been added as Defense Corps rewards, so as usual there's no need to buy them off the market!
I'm a fan of (and familiar with) one-handed swords but I'm already using those on my warrior and gladiator so I switched to sickle for this one. Haven't spent too much time with it yet (just nabbed a level 70 sickle today), but trying to learn it now along with the DS-specific skills.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
I reactivated so I'll be playing over the holiday break. If you haven't, please add me to your friend lists.
アマティ
WT862-211

I never did try the defense corps stuff last time I was playing, and the tutorial is long gone, so I'm going to have to figure it out. I'm still hesitant to play with random people who expect me to be good at the game.
Honestly, I've just started playing the Defense Corps with my level 95 character and my damage output sucks compared to everyone else—nobody seems to care! You'll likely have 3-5 max level players carrying you. Really the only thing to remember is to pick up and make sure to use any useful items that you find on the battlefield. Since my level is low compared to everyone else, I try and focus on killing the small mobs and leaving the strong enemies for my teammates. Also, I'm not sure what class you main, but buffs are always appreciated by your team.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I try to do my best in Defense Corps, but with so much stuff happening, honestly I don't know if I'm making a difference.
From the little experience I have, the fights usually go extremely well or poor, with little middle ground.
Also after a few successful attempts you'll most likely have a bunch of materials for exchange but will be missing one or two.

The usual wiki has a timetable with information which mats are more common from which enemy groups. The "all" on the timetable means you can choose which group you want to fight.

As for the tutorial:
- Don't let any monsters attack your gate (it has surprisingly low hp)
- Bells summon monsters so destroy them
- Keep enemies in cannon's AoE
- If time runs out and the gate is alive you win.
- If you lose just try again!

Unrelated, but after reactivating my account, getting to lv 116 with DM and unlocking DS for the passives, I started the 5.x main story. To be honest, I was very surprised how long 5.1 was, given the short 5.0. Quality wise it was pretty neat, with some good emotional moments:
Fake Majima, NOOOOOOOO : (

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Hi all, hoping to get back into DQ10 in earnest for the new year.

Does registering the PC version of the later expansions give access to them on the Switch as well?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Pretty sure each platform has to be purchased independently. Which sucks.
I think the problem with DQX always was that while you theoretically have to license to play the game, unless you buy it on the platform and install it, you don't have the expansion data.
Like on PC, every expansion purchased on Amazon comes with another installer...

The worst part of this is that the account management page for DQX, unlike the FFXIV one, doesn't list the platforms you own the expansions on, just if you have them or not (with the detailed per platform license being listed only for the main game).

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
The worst part of this is that the account management page for DQX, unlike the FFXIV one, doesn't list the platforms you own the expansions on, just if you have them or not (with the detailed per platform license being listed only for the main game).

Oh right! This is where I was confused, the Switch version and the PC version were lit up as green for me, but I imagine if I drill through the expansions own't be listed. The game is on sale on the eShop at the moment so I'll see about getting some Nintendo money for it.

Thanks for the replies.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Said I was gonna take a break to play some other stuff but I can't stop so I guess I'm gonna keep rolling until I'm caught up. Finished 5.0 and kicked off 5.1 tonight...

zetsubouquest

Jan 6, 2021
A question for those who have progressed through expansions 2~3 or so, I'm in 3.5 and had a question about something story related:

I know the offline campaign was discontinued some time ago, but is there any way in the game as it stands now to view the story content about the main character's sibling? I'm somewhat deep into the third expansion and while it is cool to see them again, it's a bit confusing considering I only know a few things about what happened to them.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
A question for those who have progressed through expansions 2~3 or so, I'm in 3.5 and had a question about something story related:

I know the offline campaign was discontinued some time ago, but is there any way in the game as it stands now to view the story content about the main character's sibling? I'm somewhat deep into the third expansion and while it is cool to see them again, it's a bit confusing considering I only know a few things about what happened to them.
There may be other/better ways to do this but one thing you can do (besides YouTube, hah) is wait till you get to ver 4.3, then clear quest #536. It'll grant you an item you can set up in your house that lets you watch all the cutscenes in the game up to this point. More info here (but may want to wait until you get to ver 4.3 for fear of spoilers): https://dq10ragu.com/post-37436

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
There may be other/better ways to do this but one thing you can do (besides YouTube, hah) is wait till you get to ver 4.3, then clear quest #536. It'll grant you an item you can set up in your house that lets you watch all the cutscenes in the game up to this point. More info here (but may want to wait until you get to ver 4.3 for fear of spoilers): https://dq10ragu.com/post-37436
Oh wow, that looks cool.
I should get a house at one point. Because of how hardcore housing is in FF14 and how casually I always played DQX with no interest in anything other than the main story, I never bothered with it.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, that looks cool.
I should get a house at one point. Because of how hardcore housing is in FF14 and how casually I always played DQX with no interest in anything other than the main story, I never bothered with it.
I got one when they first came out but damn it feels small now. Haven't looked into whether you can upgrade or if you have to move or what but one of these days I need to get a bigger place...

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
I've been dipping back into DQ10 the last couple of days. I stopped around 2.3 so working my way through the main quests there. It's cool to see some of the offline stuff come back into the online game. Was nice to see the sibling again after all this time.

One thing that bothers me about a lot of the newer (?) content and much of the older stuff is the need to complete quests to do anything. Like getting a haircut or whatever.

It's cool to think that this character is coming up on 9 years old, though there's always a temptation to start a new guy and see the QOL improvements from a fresh perspective.

Sinople

Oct 27, 2017
I was in the mood for some DQ so I re-installed X on my switch.
I don't have much free time and I don't think I'll play seriously for now, just a little bit every day or so during Kids time, but I'd like to at least finish version 3.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Now that 5.5's release date was announced (3/31), I'm back trying to catch up. I finished 5.2 today and kicked off 5.3 — I think I can be caught up in time for 5.5. Stoked for my first update that I'm actually ready for on launch day! It's been a long, long road coming.

Maxed out my second class last week (makenshi) and now working on battlemaster (sorry, forgot the English name) in bits and pieces. Level cap is raising to 118 with 5.5, so that'll be more to do as well.

Hasemo, you coming back for 5.5 part 1 or you gonna wait for the second half?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Now that 5.5's release date was announced (3/31), I'm back trying to catch up. I finished 5.2 today and kicked off 5.3 — I think I can be caught up in time for 5.5. Stoked for my first update that I'm actually ready for on launch day! It's been a long, long road coming.

Maxed out my second class last week (makenshi) and now working on battlemaster (sorry, forgot the English name) in bits and pieces. Level cap is raising to 118 with 5.5, so that'll be more to do as well.

Hasemo, you coming back for 5.5 part 1 or you gonna wait for the second half?
I was thinking about waiting for the second part, since the new FFXIV patch is coming out on the 13th. I'm sure the story will be doable in an evening or two, but I don't think there's much I'll be interested in doing past that, aside from some labyrinth leveling and/or grinding for the new equipment on the island.