• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
One reviewer wrote this. WTF? The game is called DBZ Kakarot, the whole USP is that you play as Goku and friends. Its his story. The original anime story was last told in Ultimate Tenkaichi in 2011 (or if you consider Battle of Z, but it was heavily modified). After that we only had spin off stories. What exactly was he expecting from this game?
That's a weird quote. They're still making content for Xenoverse 2 so would be weird to expect it here. Plus, I'm sure Xenoverse 3 will come eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
One reviewer wrote this. WTF? The game is called DBZ Kakarot, the whole USP is that you play as Goku and friends. Its his story. The original anime story was last told in Ultimate Tenkaichi in 2011 (or if you consider Battle of Z, but it was heavily modified). After that we only had spin off stories. What exactly was he expecting from this game?

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more from DBZ IP right now, especially since Super, Xenoverse, and FighterZ have been adding new elements and expanding that universe over the past few years. A reviewer can account for cultural reception alongside critique.

That said, being uninformed about what you're going to encounter within something like DBZ Kakatot means those feelings would likely be amplified. It's really easily explainable and defendable, if unfortunate.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Uub? who?

giphy.gif

Is this unlocked on Steam yet?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Just deciding if I should get this on Xbox One X or PC. I have a LG OLED for the TV, and a run at 1440p on my PC (1080/i7 8700k)

Does it have HDR/run in 4k on consoles? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Playing on X. No HDR, might be 4K didn't check. Felt like a solid 60 the whole time. Load times mitigated by an external SSD.

OriginalJonty

Editor at TheSixthAxis
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
TheSixthAxis - 7/10

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot displays unparalleled care and respect for the iconic story arcs it adapts. The original music is there, original Dragon Ball characters return, and pivotal moments are gorgeously animated. If these were stories being presented in video game format for the first time, it would be a mind-blowing experience. Unfortunately, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot doesn't push the envelope enough to warrant sitting through the Cell Saga for the umpteenth time and seeing Frieza get obliterated yet again. If you've played a Dragon Ball Z game before, you've basically played this one.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As expected, reviews make it clear it's not a Day 1 buy for me, maybe I'll get it when it's on sale one day

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
how many time until we get acess to the game ? its feels like everyone is already playing :(

As expected, reviews make it clear it's not a Day 1 buy for me, maybe I'll get it when it's on sale one day

What reviews ? we have one 90, lots of 85/80 and one 70, it seens a good DBZ game until now

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Where does this game end, the Buu Saga? Or does it include Beerus and Resurrection F?
Like several others have said, Kid Buu. But I wouldn't be surprised if they released BoG and RoF DLC, using hte Z movie iterations (well Super and Z RoF are nearly 1 to 1 in terms of everything but quality), but that makes the most sense to be, since a potential sequel then can change up BoG at least by using hte Super boat location.

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
7-7.5 is what I expected so this isn't a surprise. Still looking forward to playing it later tonight.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Early reviews/impressions seem to be aligning to my expectations, which is good news.

I was a tad fearful that this game was gonna be an absolute stinker, but I'm down for flawed-yet-fun bit of fanservice. Day one, it is.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone confirm ultrawide support and if the Garlic Jr saga is in?
I'm not holding my breath for the Garlic Jr Saga or the Other World Saga tbh. I know the game covers fillers but I don't know that they'd do whole arcs.
(To be honest, I'd love for them to integrate these and movies as DLC in the game)

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hate myself to buy thugs in cdkeys. Usually they send quite fast. A bit early of release. Still nothing :(

Dec 25, 2018
Still not that interested. All these reviews seem too early to tell how the game is. Seems like it's the same thing over and over until you beat it.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Still not that interested. All these reviews seem too early to tell how the game is. Seems like it's the same thing over and over until you beat it.

The boss fights are pretty damned unique. And are no pushover. The leveling system is also pretty unique. I've been very much enjoying my playtime since I started yesterday morning.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Sounds like the mini missions are a slog and the storytelling doesn't make the game worth playing if you recently experienced the series or have played another DBZ game.

Bummer. It looks beautiful though.

Will wait for sale and more impressions.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
The difficulty aspect fear me little, seem pretty challenging... but random encounter look kinda boring.

OP
OP
Rika

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I went ahead and added the few reviews I saw here and linked the Metacritic too. I'll add in IGN, Game Informer, and GameSpot whenever they post