• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
These games were always carried by the incredible production values in their main fights and that seems to continue here. I really don't understand how you can be so surprised by that if you played their Naruto series.

I think the main difference is that even secondary battles could look good in those due to the great special attack cutscenes, while in this game only the actual important battle events really have battle specific cutscenes that look great, everything else is pretty mediocre, since the special moves are just real time special moves rather than having great cutscenes alongside them.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Holy shit at these video, lmao that's bad!

look at what CC2 did on ps3, there's no excuse here...

No impact, no dynamic, uninteresting angles, barely animated....

I'm sure people will buy this game for the adventure and gameplay rather than fidelity in the story, but even that looks boring as fuck, i'm glad i didn't pre-order this
You realize that the Ninja Storm games where exactly like this? Hell those used tons of cheap panels like a anime that ran out of budget lol.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I wonder what is going to be different with that 11GB day one patch.

That is one reason why I dislike review embargos. It's bad enough review outlets just getting copies a few days before release. I said this before, Namco isn't a small publisher and should have handled this better.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what is going to be different with that 11GB day one patch.

That is one reason why I dislike review embargos. It's bad enough review outlets just getting copies a few days before release. I said this before, Namco isn't a small publisher and should have handled this better.

I don't think it's a coincidence that people got review codes the same day the big patch came out.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I think the main difference is that even secondary battles could look good in those due to the great special attack cutscenes, while in this game only the actual important battle events really have battle specific cutscenes that look great, everything else is pretty mediocre, since the special moves are just real time special moves rather than having great cutscenes alongside them.

But again, thats exactly the same in the Naruto games. There are two handfuls of special fights with amazing production values, the rest are mostly normal fights.

Plus, we dont even know how many of these fights are in this game. All we know is that some of them are presented as little animated talking heads - which is completely in line with past games of the developer.

Last edited:

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Still hurts my soul the missing LA spanish dub. I hope someone mods at least some dialogue into the game.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
But again, thats exactly the same in the Naruto games. There are two handfuls of special fights with amazing production values, the rest are mostly normal fights.

My point is that even the normal fights could look good visually in those due to the great special attack cutscenes, while in this game cutscenes like those seem to be limited to story-specific events, while standard attacks are just shown in real time without a cinematic presentation. So, the battles without any special cutscenes just end up looking bland in comparison.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or are the people streaming particularly bad at fighting? Like bruh, throw out a kamehameha or a galik gun, do SOMETHING.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who has the Xbox version you can swap to Singapore and play now. I've been playing for the last 20 minutes using the NA version I downloaded a few days ago by simply swapping to Singapore.

Spruchy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm a huge Dragonball Stan and I don't get this game. They seem to put a huge amount of effort and care into the world, graphics, and amount of content but then that's the battle system? Like do these anime open world games sell well because of the IP because the average gameplay is just such a letdown (thinking of one piece world seeker here). Did no one on the dev team play these battles where the AI is a sponge who floats next to you and constantly attacks the air?

I hope I'm wrong but I would bet the house on this game being similarly reviewed to World Seeker and being an average to below average game. It's a god damn shame but hey, at least we got dbfz.

OP
OP
Rika

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Is it just me or are the people streaming particularly bad at fighting? Like bruh, throw out a kamehameha or a galik gun, do SOMETHING.
I am gonna be just as bad more than likely at first.

I hope I'm wrong but I would bet the house on this game being similarly reviewed to World Seeker and being an average to below average game. It's a god damn shame but hey, at least we got dbfz.
Same here, really. I believe it to be below average or above average.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
whats up with apples, shrimps, wood, herbs and other world stuff being just glowing yellow orbs. at least they could have made models for them.

OP
OP
Rika

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I wonder why too. Is it to keep some stuff secret, or....
Man, all I want from that is the steelbook, lol. Hopefully people are hocking them after the game comes out or something.
For real, that steelbook lookin banging

LocoRoco

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
almost every JRPG: collectibles are just shining things and we are fine with it.

DBZ Kakarot : Why tha hell collectibles are just shining things? Riot

*at least collectibles are auto-pickup

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Storm 3 (and especially Storm 4) were leagues ahead of this. Disappointing, why do dbz & op get shafted despite being more popular?
Storm 3 was not "leagues" above this. I just replayed it a few months ago. Still has the same issue throughout. And 99% of Storm 4 was in the final few chapters of the manga, so majority of it took place in a single location or two. Plus, don't act like you forgot all the people complaining about the still images we got instead of actual cutscenes. Honestly it might be worse than this.

And OP is more popular in Japan, but Naruto has had more world wide appeal. Especially in regions that are prominent in video game sales like the US and parts of Europe. The Naruto games are among some of the best selling anime games of all time, even rivaling DBZ.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Loved the e3 demo but will prob wait a bit to buy

Last edited:

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Spent 2 hours playing. Here is my impressions.

The cutscenes are top notch. Great voice acting and animations.

There are story bits that are told out of order. Similar to Dragon Ball Z Kai.

The animations are a bit stiff in the non-cutscene story bits.

World movement feels fluid and fast. Flying in the other hand will take some getting used to.

Combat seems simple. Like the Naruto cc2 games one button attacks with melee and one attacks with Ki. But if you just button smash you will get wrecked. Enemies telegraph their attacks, so you have to block/dodge them.

The skill trees are absolutely massive. It will take a long time to unlock them all.