• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I dig the sticker system. It's better than I figured it would be.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19954

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Couldnt finish up the Ginyu SBR without LR Phy Ginyu.
Bought the medalS and awaken him just to clear the stage in 1 try.
All SBR done!

farming Android stage itemless for the last achievement.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Man, Last Resort is so busted but fun. Hope we all get blessed by at least one of the LRs in GLB. It's been great running through Fighting Legend Goku with them.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Realm of Gods is almost, ALMOST, cheesable with an Ro7 team lead by double SSBKKs.

When the AGL SSBKK gets his EZA its gonna be a done deal.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Hardly grinding GLB since I'm rocking JP atm.

Also, EZA SSBKK is up now.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of fighting legend Goku from a few posts up, is there some sort of strategy for that? I'm finding it really hard to get anywhere near the end. Tried some SBR too and despite having a good pure saiyans team I got destroyed on turn 1. Do you need a pure LR team or something survive them?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of fighting legend Goku from a few posts up, is there some sort of strategy for that? I'm finding it really hard to get anywhere near the end. Tried some SBR too and despite having a good pure saiyans team I got destroyed on turn 1. Do you need a pure LR team or something survive them?

Units that permanently and infinitely stack defense (AGL LR Gohan, for example) are the best characters for the Legendary Goku event. Build up their defensive stats early in the fight so that you can survive longer and more consistently against the UI phases.

A pure LR team isn't necessary, as long as you're using units that are designed to be able to take hits.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Basically just make a team full of stat stackers.

Characters that raise their attack and/or defense on Super Attack without the turn limit. Preferably you wanna go with Defense stackers cause it's way more valuable for the event.

Also, unless you're using a TEQ stacker (like DBS Trunks, Vegito Blue, etc), avoid using too many TEQ units or else INT UI Goku will destroy them even with normals.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Units that permanently and infinitely stack defense (AGL LR Gohan, for example) are the best characters for the Legendary Goku event. Build up their defensive stats early in the fight so that you can survive longer and more consistently against the UI phases.

A pure LR team isn't necessary, as long as you're using units that are designed to be able to take hits.
Basically just make a team full of stat stackers.

Characters that raise their attack and/or defense on Super Attack without the turn limit. Preferably you wanna go with Defense stackers cause it's way more valuable for the event.

Also, unless you're using a TEQ stacker (like DBS Trunks, Vegito Blue, etc), avoid using too many TEQ units or else INT UI Goku will destroy them even with normals.
Ah so the passive will become more important in these. I guess I've been kinda used to the lead and ki links being enough to carry me through so far. I may have to look up some teams but I figures it's likely I'll need more units to choose from first anyway.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SBR is pretty much all about smart item use and RNG. You'll almost always want to use a defensive item on turn 1 (Whis is very good) and try to kill at least 1 enemy. The first turn is the most dangerous because all the enemies are alive. SBR isn't a marathon, it's a sprint. You just want to nuke the enemy as fast as possible. Legendary Goku is the opposite, a marathon not a sprint. As others said, it's all about def stacking. It can actually be fairly easily done with F2P teams as long as they all stack defense infinitely.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah so the passive will become more important in these. I guess I've been kinda used to the lead and ki links being enough to carry me through so far. I may have to look up some teams but I figures it's likely I'll need more units to choose from first anyway.
So long as the character super attack says "Raises DEF" and doesn't mention a turn limit, it's a good card for the event

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Like everyone is saying, you're best off using characters who stack ATK/DEF (DEF is more important) when firing off their supers or have generally high DEF capabilities. These were my teams in GLB and JP roundabout when they first arrived on their respective regions. My JP team isn't close to what my GLB deck was back then.

76JjoHH.jpg

And with the new dudes...

tjsz1OA.jpg

And looking through my imgur, I got a big blast to the past when I found my strongest team a few weeks into yr 1 Dokkan... xD

9GDNzdE.jpg

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks for the tips everyone! I think I'll have to see what team I can put together tonight. I should be able to at least get close to a decent team looking at it.

Oct 25, 2017
dbz-dokkanbattle.fandom.com

Stack Defense

The cards in the first section under "Infinite Stack" are default good. Except for transforming AGL Goku and TEQ Freeza. Unless you undokkan them to their SSR forms

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
dbz-dokkanbattle.fandom.com

Stack Defense

The cards in the first section under "Infinite Stack" are default good. Except for transforming AGL Goku and TEQ Freeza. Unless you undokkan them to their SSR forms

Is Transforming Vegeta good on that event? Considering he's PHY I guess he would be but he has the same flaw as the other two transforming units where he loses his DEF stackability at SSB. I guess for him it's not as bad because his SSB still gets the +120% DEF and because he has type advantage over UI?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is Transforming Vegeta good on that event? Considering he's PHY I guess he would be but he has the same flaw as the other two transforming units where he loses his DEF stackability at SSB. I guess for him it's not as bad because his SSB still gets the +120% DEF and because he has type advantage over UI?
He's okay but definitely useable. If I use him, I just make sure he's always on rotation to get his supers, and the he floats once he hits SSB. Then items get used just in case STR UI Goku decides to go ham on the third spot in a round.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
What did you guys have you being grinding? This is what i have being doing since the Gohan Campaign has started

Right now just getting these AGL SSBKK Goku and SSj Gotenks EZAs out of the way. That Goku's always been a cool unit to me and Gotenks is still on my Fusions team.

TEQ Cauli is bodying this Goku EZA. Sooooooooo goooodddddd.

Last edited:

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh... this Ex-Z with trunks is... boring?
Why so few units to use for such a bad unit to get? :\
Edit:
Anyway, done...

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this kindof eza thing is just... weird.

Also I need zeni badly. ALl these EZAs have left me baaaaroke.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
New Fighting Legend Goku missions on the 17th apparently. Good luck doing an all Fusion team. Shit is haaaaaaaaaard.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus. I haven't played this in ages. lol

I think I stopped around the time UI Goku came out in GLB. Is it worth coming back?

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going for Cooler until I pull him. Prepared to blow my stash if that's what it takes. At like 825 stones now.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
I might skip cooler, as I think he will probably be featured on this year's million download banners. IIRC in the past these banners always have a bunch of df exclusives from the first quarter of the year.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I got round to building up a team for fighting legend Goku. Should this suffice?
KO91Gem.jpg

I'm a little uncertain on the last guy being a bit weak and having only one link plus being locked to str for most of it.

Also hit a wall at EZA gotenks on 30. I could scrape by with luck on 29 but I guess I'm literally just gonna need better units for that one.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
So I got round to building up a team for fighting legend Goku. Should this suffice?
KO91Gem.jpg

I'm a little uncertain on the last guy being a bit weak and having only one link plus being locked to str for most of it.

Also hit a wall at EZA gotenks on 30. I could scrape by with luck on 29 but I guess I'm literally just gonna need better units for that one.
Nah sadly the LGE is gonna wreck your team. By the time he reaches SSj3 his hits are crazy. Vegito will be a great tank and offensive unit but he can only do so much. Post your box and we can help out.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah sadly the LGE is gonna wreck your team. By the time he reaches SSj3 his hits are crazy. Vegito will be a great tank and offensive unit but he can only do so much. Post your box and we can help out.

Ah ok. I was hoping the defense stack would suffice but yeah a lot of them are pretty weak units in general. Heres my box minus an STR Broly that got cropped out.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok. I was hoping the defense stack would suffice but yeah a lot of them are pretty weak units in general. Heres my box minus an STR Broly that got cropped out.
You've got some pretty good units here. I'm not sure how many dupes you have of them all but you can definitely make a good team. For example your AGL Transforming Goku is a 120% Super Lead so he'd already give you more than the Vegito. The big thing is I'm guessing is that a lot of your summoned cards don't have enough dupes which is why with your current team it's a lot of event cards right? If that's your issue then yeah I can see that.

How many dupes does your Goku have and out of all of your cards which ones have dupes? You can put that Goku in as a lead, switch STR Saiya out with that STR Vegito and then switch out the other 2 Extremes with 2 strong Supers and be in a much better position

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You've got some pretty good units here. I'm not sure how many dupes you have of them all but you can definitely make a good team. For example your AGL Transforming Goku is a 120% Super Lead so he'd already give you more than the Vegito. The big thing is I'm guessing is that a lot of your summoned cards don't have enough dupes which is why with your current team it's a lot of event cards right? If that's your issue then yeah I can see that.

How many dupes does your Goku have and out of all of your cards which ones have dupes? You can put that Goku in as a lead, switch STR Saiya out with that STR Vegito and be in a much better position.

Ah thanks! Yeah I was thinking of perhaps putting him in but I suppose I should reverse awaken him first so he doesnt lose his infinite defense boost by transforming. Unfortunately he has no dupes. I think the only dupes I have are SSJ4 Gogeta with one, TEQ Gotenks with 1 and STR Gogeta with 1. Tbh the only reason they're mostly event cards is they're the only ones that infinitely stack defense which I had.

That said my box is largely event cards as the only pulls I've done are 4 guaranteed LR banners on the account, so my choice of dokkan units is fairly limited.

I was intending to go with an all super infinite defense boosting team originally but couldnt pull it off so ended up putting a few questionable units in. I suppose if I'm limited like this I'll be leaning on the quality of the units more than their defense stacking then?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah thanks! Yeah I was thinking of perhaps putting him in but I suppose I should reverse awaken him first so he doesnt lose his infinite defense boost by transforming. Unfortunately he has no dupes. I think the only dupes I have are SSJ4 Gogeta with one, TEQ Gotenks with 1 and STR Gogeta with 1. Tbh the only reason they're mostly event cards is they're the only ones that infinitely stack defense which I had.

That said my box is largely event cards as the only pulls I've done are 4 guaranteed LR banners on the account, so my choice of dokkan units is fairly limited.

I was intending to go with an all super infinite defense boosting team originally but couldnt pull it off so ended up putting a few questionable units in. I suppose if I'm limited like this I'll be leaning on the quality of the units more than their defense stacking then?

More than anything my suggestion would be to keep shoring up your unit selection. LGE is basically endgame content for people with huge boxes who have been playing for years. That's not to say you CAN'T shake it with a custom team, but it's extremely difficult and kind of expects a lot out of you as a player.

I would not even attempt it without a 120%+ leader card, for example. The kind of stats you'd be fielding with a 100% leader like STR LR Vegito Blue would mean that even good defense stackers will take more damage than they should.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah because while defense is great, you have to make a dent in the numerous health bars and by that point it's an issue. Like PlanetSmasher said, the LGE is endgame content for people who have been playing for a while so you gotta come correct. I say if you can beat a few SBRs, Battlefield without losing a team, all of the Dokkan Events without using any items, if you can do that stuff then yeah you might be fine doing it with a better team but it's not easy.

But you've got a pretty good lineup right now. You're also saving a ton of stones which is very smart. By the time the anniversary hits global you'll have so much that you'll at least get some really good units that'll flesh your teams out. Keep that up and you'll be great then because you've got a good foundation.

For example, if you get LR Gogeta or LR PHY Goku/Vegeta during the celebration then you can make a really great fusion team since you already have AGL Gogeta, SSj Gogeta, SSj4 Gogeta and TEQ Gotenks. If you get TEQ Trunks then you can make a really great Super team, there's a lot of potential here.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
More than anything my suggestion would be to keep shoring up your unit selection. LGE is basically endgame content for people with huge boxes who have been playing for years. That's not to say you CAN'T shake it with a custom team, but it's extremely difficult and kind of expects a lot out of you as a player.

I would not even attempt it without a 120%+ leader card, for example. The kind of stats you'd be fielding with a 100% leader like STR LR Vegito Blue would mean that even good defense stackers will take more damage than they should.

Yeah that makes sense. I do have some nice 170% leads but the only one that can field a decent team is pure saiyans and I doubt I could even fit an infinite defense stacker in there. I just need a pull worthy banner. I'm sitting on a massive stash of stones but had nothing to pull on since they took away the christmas banner. Plus I figure holding on to over a thousand will give me a good shot at the anniversary.

I think I'm just being tempted by those tickets on the event since I'm on a pull drought XD

Yeah because while defense is great, you have to make a dent in the numerous health bars and by that point it's an issue. Like PlanetSmasher said, the LGE is endgame content for people who have been playing for a while so you gotta come correct. I say if you can beat a few SBRs, Battlefield, all of the Dokkan Events without using any items, if you can do that stuff then yeah you might be fine doing it with a better team but it's not easy.

But you've got a pretty good lineup right now. You're also saving a ton of stones which is very smart. By the time the anniversary hits global you'll have so much that you'll at least get some really good units that'll flesh your teams out. Keep that up and you'll be great then because you've got a good foundation.

For example, if you get LR Gogeta or LR PHY Goku/Vegeta during the celebration then you can make a really great fusion team since you already have AGL Gogeta, SSj Gogeta, SSj4 Gogeta and TEQ Gotenks. If you get TEQ Trunks then you can make a really great Super team, there's a lot of potential here.

Ah thanks. Oddly I can beat a lot of dokkan and some of battlefield without items, but I think it's because as you said theres a good foundation. I just dont seem to have the flexibility to stay beyond good links and leads into stuff like infinite stacking.

Will stick to saving and try burn through some of the other content for now. I'm up to stage 6 of boss rush so will probably worry about FLG and IDH etc once I can beat them

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
KO91Gem.jpg

You'd need to change up your team a bit but you have the right idea. Cumber and burter having no leader skill boost will make you lose. If possible, try and eza the Goku/Gohan and Vegeta/trunks. Also take a teq transforming trunks friend and feel free to use items. Should be able to do it

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing... but the KO screen for the trio is rather suggestive. No I ain't talking about the ass.

It looks like she's giving Broly a BJ...