• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

We currently have no plans on continuing with the Buu Saga, in the our original style, or in the style of the ShortZ, at this time.

Recently, we publicly announced that DBZA will not continue via the original footage ala our classic method of Abridging. However, we talked publicly about possibly moving forward with the Buu Saga via the same animation provided in the ShortZ.

Unfortunately, after serious deliberation, we currently find this process untenable.

Honestly, I think this is incredibly sad. I know these guys have tried to break into mainstream voice acting, but DBZA has been a barrier to that. Despite being a parody and fair use, the DBZ copyright holders fought them at every turn. I'm glad we got up through the Cell Saga, but I would've loved to see some of the Buu nonsense in their style. Especially since, as they hit the end of Cell, it became less goofy and more reverent to the source material.

Oh well. Here's to the thing that kept me thinking about Dragon Ball long after Z ended and long before Super started.

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
Damn that's a real shame, DBZA was honestly one of the best things to happen to Dragon Ball. Totally understandable though, especially with Toei constantly breathing down their neck.

Oh well, we've still got over a decade of amazing content to look back on. All the best in what they decide to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.